bickster

Who will top the group?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will top the group?

• England
    • USA
    • Algeria
    • Slovenia

Something apparently might or might not have happened in the camp non too long ago which could have pretty serious implications for those involved. Don't quote me on it though, not sure of how reliable the person is but they've had some decent info before

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham Souness has just whipped out some motherfucking science on RTE about England.

Because they live at altitude, during the first 3 to 4 weeks your body is on a run down. Your body needs more oxygen but cant get it, and by next Wednesday England will be at the worse part of that period. After 4 weeks your body begins to recover.

England have got it all wrong.

Graham Souness has just whipped out some motherfucking science on RTE about England.

Because they live at altitude, during the first 3 to 4 weeks your body is on a run down. Your body needs more oxygen but cant get it, and by next Wednesday England will be at the worse part of that period. After 4 weeks your body begins to recover.

But they've been in Cape Town at sea level since the start of the week and the next match is also at sea level.

But they've been in Cape Town at sea level since the start of the week and the next match is also at sea level.

Pfft you don't know shit about EPO and haemoglobin and RBCs.

What.a.noob

Something apparently might or might not have happened in the camp non too long ago which could have pretty serious implications for those involved. Don't quote me on it though, not sure of how reliable the person is but they've had some decent info before

I think you may have it, they looked dis-jointed, reckon it could be a Gerrard - Terry thing, the captaincy decision has split the team? Another thought is the bug that Milner had, has it spread through the team? If it did i guess it would be kept quiet and the performances from certain players, Rooney may support this view, he never seemed to have his usual energy levels, no passion, very strange im my view.

The question of Lampard and Gerrard, well at club level they with midfielders who are considered to be the best at what they do, break play up, put their foot in, tackle, who plays this role in the England team? I cant see any of our midfielders in the squad that would be considered even half decent at doing this part of the job, perhaps Gerrard could do it but hes out on the wing............Could we play a defender in the middle?

Lennon, swp, exciting to watch when they fly past players but they have no end product, they need to get the ball in the box quicker, not beat 2 men then lose the ball, just get the f**kin ball in the box.

We have to win against Slovenia question is how? Play rooney on a wing and put Defoe and Crouch in the middle? Then get crosses into the box.

I cant say im surprised at these performances, we never looked convincing to me even in qualifying. Fingers crossed though, we could do it as we always seem to in the last games in group situations. We are so lucky we are still in with a chance to qualify after playing so poorly in these last two games, perhaps its an omen.

Pfft you don't know shit about EPO and haemoglobin and RBCs.

What.a.noob

What the ****?

They have returned to Rustenburg today according to the guy on Radio 5.

Rooney scores more goals with Heskey than he does with anyone else though? He might want to be up top on his tod but he achieves more with England when he's not.

Capello has played more or less the same formation with every team he's managed as far as I'm aware, 4231, and you could argue he's shoehorned this side into a variation of that, but it worked in qualification spectacularly.

And now it's not for some reason.

My thinking, and I'm pretty convinced of this, is you could set up this side exactly as they would like it, Rooney up top on his tod, Gerrard in behind him, etc etc, and we'd still not perform imo, because it's not formations that is the problem to my mind, it's something else.

Rooney scores more goals with Heskey than any other yes.....BUT THAT'S BECAUSE HE HASN'T PLAYED ON HIS OWN UPFRONT!

Yes he might play a 4-2-3-1 but with Gerrard on the left (WRONG) Rooney in behind (WRONG) Lampard holding (WRONG)

But the thing is, Heskey and Rooney has always worked well for England so there was no real need to change it. The only thing i would liked to have seen was Gerrard up with Rooney in a couple of friendly's prior to the tournament, just for a bit of practice.

- - - - - - Rooney - - - - - -

- J.Cole - Gerrard - Lennon -

- - - Lampard - Barry - - - - -

- A.Cole - Terry - Upson - Johnson -

- - Whoever the **** you like - -

Just a mock up I'd agree most England fans would like to see for our potentially final game of the World Cup.

The England team visited an orphanage in Cape Town today. "It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope" said Jamal aged 6

There is something not right with the squad at the moment. Their body language, the lack of commitment and energy, just not right. Rooney looked like a parks player on Friday he couldnt even trap and control a ball.

I dont doubt any of the players want to win matches and that is the worrying thing.

After last night I havent been able to watch a single match today.