Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Why is the last episode of every season of Game of Thrones mind numblingly boring? 

It can't be limbs of,f boobs out all the time though.  I suppose just one pair wouldn't have hurt tonight though.

I'd prefer the seasons to end with a Bang. I continue to advise friends who haven't watched it to wait till the show is finished and watch it all so you don't get the weekly frustrations when you have a slow paced episode or two. 

My brother just waits till the season is over then watches all 10 episodes in a week. Probably best way to watch it if I wasn't worried about it being spoilt for me.

I do get the feeling though that GoT will drag on and on and on and be sick of it before it ends. I am not a fan of shows going past 5 seasons. 5 is enough. 

GoT is far better watched as an entire season back to back. I was going to save them all for a rainy day but there's too many random spoilers out there these days. Can't even read the papers for fear of something giving it away.

Decent episode to end this season of GoT.

Thought that final scene was a bit cringe worthy though. Don't know why but I just didn't feel it. Should have ended on a bit more of an epic note.

Why is the last episode of every season of Game of Thrones mind numblingly boring? 

It can't be limbs of,f boobs out all the time though.  I suppose just one pair wouldn't have hurt tonight though.

I'd prefer the seasons to end with a Bang. I continue to advise friends who haven't watched it to wait till the show is finished and watch it all so you don't get the weekly frustrations when you have a slow paced episode or two. 

My brother just waits till the season is over then watches all 10 episodes in a week. Probably best way to watch it if I wasn't worried about it being spoilt for me.

I do get the feeling though that GoT will drag on and on and on and be sick of it before it ends. I am not a fan of shows going past 5 seasons. 5 is enough. 

Well the forth book is pretty rubbish so it'll be interesting to see how they handle that. They have already made some big changes to the characters and arcs so I expect from next season for it to distance itself even further from the books.

From comments by the creators and such I am thinking they are hoping to get 6-7 seasons out.

I have to say there is not a single TV show I've ever followed for 7 seasons without becoming tired or fed up with it. 7 years is just too long to follow a show. 

Lost being a prime example. But that show suffered from terrible writing and total lack of overall plan after the first couple of seasons. 

Another problem I have is the 10 episode seasons in GoT. Say they want 60-70 episodes. Why not do that in 5 seasons of 13 episodes like many other shows. 

The Wire 5 seasons, Battlestar Galactica 4 seasons, Breaking Bad 5 seasons. All the right length for shows and all 3 are brilliant. 

Mad Men though is as strong as ever, I think it benefits from the fact many people started watching regularly in 3rd Season onwards. So could breeze through the first few seasons then follow. 

HBO shows are different. Take Boardwalk Empire, a brilliant show that's 2nd and 3rd seasons were truly brilliant. I'm a bit fatigued now and think maybe 1 or at most 2 more seasons is enough to wrap it up. 

It's one of the worries of a show becoming a success, that they want to drag it on for too long and milk it. 24 being a big case in point. 

• Like 1

Dexter has been good, but not consistently so over the seasons imo. A couple of them have been average to good with some very clunky and often ridiculous writing. The latest series in particular was one the poorest overall.

Seem to remember the season with Jimmy Smits in it was a bit ropey to say the least.  Best season for me was the one with Trinity and the last but one with Edward James Olmos which I thought was excellent.

Certainly glad this next season is the last one.

The one thing that has remained good during Dexter is the dryness in the sense of humour of his inner monologue.

But the stories have got more and more far fetched and the plot, at times, is thinner than Victoria Beckham. Like Villamark said the more people that knew the worse it got.

That said its still entertaining and I'll still watch season 8 which starts at the end of the month

I will watch season 8 as I have invested too much time not too. 

GOT, enjoy it, but I have read the books so know what is going to happen which I think spoils it abit, I knew the red wedding was about to happen so the shock value was not there.  I think they have done a good job in the main as there is just so much which goes on in the books which I never thught they could fit it in.

Two shows with more than 7 seasons, that kept the quality up;

Dexter

House

Will never ever watch either of them. Have a few friends that stopped watching both as lost interest. So if they did, I certainly will. 

I just dont want to watch 90 bloody hours of Dexter or anything tbh. 

8 seasons is WAY too much

Edited by CVByrne

Dexter

House

Will never ever watch either of them. Have a few friends that stopped watching both as lost interest. So if they did, I certainly will. 

Except in Dexter's case it isn't. Sure, some of the seasons are better than others, but just because a show runs beyond 5 seasons does not mean it's going to be rubbish. There's not a law or anything. Oh well, you're missing out which is fine, but you seem to have a habit of doing this with movies and TV, you judge them without having seen them and I'm not sure just how you can do that, it's a little small-minded.

Edited by Ginko

Dexter

House

Except in Dexter's case it isn't. Sure, some of the seasons are better than others, but just because a show runs beyond 5 seasons does not mean it's going to be rubbish. There's not a law or anything. Oh well, you're missing out which is fine, but you seem to have a habit of doing this with movies and TV, you judge them without having seen them and I'm not sure just how you can do that, it's a little small-minded.

In all fairness he said that 'he doesn't want to watch 90 bloody hours of Dexter' and that in his opinion '8 seasons is WAY to much'

I actually agree with him on that front, I don't have any inclination to watch that much of anything to be honest, it doesn't mean its not good its just that it doesn't interest me enough to commit that amount of time into TV.

I watched the first series of American horror story and enjoyed that and have had the second series recorded for months now but haven't bothered to watch a single episode of it.

The only series I enjoy now is Homelands and I think that if they wanted to keep that going series after series it should have been with individual story lines, having one bad guy who keeps escaping and never getting caught yet spends so much time worming his way into ''good guys'' side of things gets pretty old pretty quick and it just gets more and more unbelievable, I'll probably watch the next series but then I have a feeling I will be done with it.

When I was younger I used to watch the lot, lost, 24, invasion, prison break, they all suffered from the same problem the more popular it gets the more they drag it out rather than just saying 'this is **** awesome and this is where it comes to its natural end, hope you enjoyed it'

There's nothing saying you have to watch 90 hours straight, you could span it across years if you really wanted to. Dexter is fantastic, your loss if you don't watch it I guess.

And to be fair my comment you highlighted was based on the poster's previous post-history, though I admittedly didn't make that clear.

fair enough on the previous post history bit I wasn't aware of that to be honest

I watched the first 2 series of dexter (maybe the third one as well I cant remember now) but I read the books before it was made into a series and when it completely departed from the original stories I lost interest (as I normally do) and just stopped watching it.

The first series was brilliant though

The only series I enjoy now is Homelands and I think that if they wanted to keep that going series after series it should have been with individual story lines, having one bad guy who keeps escaping and never getting caught yet spends so much time worming his way into ''good guys'' side of things gets pretty old pretty quick and it just gets more and more unbelievable

:o I'm 3 episodes in to the first season of Homeland.

The only series I enjoy now is Homelands and I think that if they wanted to keep that going series after series it should have been with individual story lines, having one bad guy who keeps escaping and never getting caught yet spends so much time worming his way into ''good guys'' side of things gets pretty old pretty quick and it just gets more and more unbelievable

:o I'm 3 episodes in to the first season of Homeland.

Sorry mate, I wouldn't worry too much though I haven't gave away any spoilers at all there,

There's nothing saying you have to watch 90 hours straight, you could span it across years if you really wanted to. Dexter is fantastic, your loss if you don't watch it I guess.

And to be fair my comment you highlighted was based on the poster's previous post-history, though I admittedly didn't make that clear.

So because I try to figure out if something is worth viewing, it is in someway bad? I have friends and a few film critics who's opinions I put faith in to point me towards what films to see. Similar situation with TV shows. Combined with my own opinions based on experiences of shows I've watched in the past. Shows like X Files and Lost and others that I got proper bored of and stopped watching. While the shows that run for 4/5 Seasons seem to be the best. 

So yes, I pass some judgement on a show or movie without having seen them as I am sure most people need to do otherwise we'd have to go see everything ever made. Which would be a tough assignment. 

Â