Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The Delores Roach thing is pretty decent,  only finished the new Justified last night and the final episode pretty much guarantees Raylen coming out of retirement 👍🏼

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

The Delores Roach thing is pretty decent,  only finished the new Justified last night and the final episode pretty much guarantees Raylen coming out of retirement 👍🏼

I'll be watching it soon so hoping it's decent.

The wife had never seen the original before so we've watched that first. Halfway through the final season now.

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I'll be watching it soon so hoping it's decent.

The wife had never seen the original before so we've watched that first. Halfway through the final season now.

The new Justified is good, not as good as the original though. IMO of course.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Started Mr Inbetween after quite a few reviews on here.

Finished the first season in a day; now started the second. Some series!

Yup me too, half way through 3rd season and I started it on Monday. Its great!!

On 23/08/2023 at 12:32, Beastmix said:

This is what I came here to see. It's such a good show. Season 2 in January or February.

Looking forward to Fargo season 5 in November too.

Severence S2 was Jan/Feb before the actors and writers strike in Hollywood. Date now unknown.

9 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Top Boy season 5 has just dropped on Netflix, I'll be binge watching the **** out of that, just started the first episode.

Regardless of what happens in the finale it can't be any worse than that absolute trash ending to Ragnarok

i dont have netflix, im on a 6 month hiatus as a negotiation with the wife to getting sky and the last of us

now promised her we'd watch the bear before getting netflix back and watching top boy, i hope the bear is good and i can smash my way through it

I haven't had Netflix for ages, I sponged off me Mom n Dads profile but that's been blocked now, I use my IPTV for 99% of the shit that I watch, I had to get Netflix for Ragnarok though because my IPTV didn't have it with the original voicetrack and subtitles, literally signed up and cancelled on the same day.

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

Regardless of what happens in the finale it can't be any worse than that absolute trash ending to Ragnarok

I've not watched the latest season yet. Please use spoiler tags if adding any more detail.

57 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I haven't had Netflix for ages, I sponged off me Mom n Dads profile but that's been blocked now, I use my IPTV for 99% of the shit that I watch, I had to get Netflix for Ragnarok though because my IPTV didn't have it with the original voicetrack and subtitles, literally signed up and cancelled on the same day.

i have to for the subtitles...my german wife uses them like a comfort blanket, with something like top boy its probably fair enough

i know you can start downloading various things and add ons but i cant be bothered

28 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I've not watched the latest season yet. Please use spoiler tags if adding any more detail.

don't worry, I purposely didn't say any more than that, let me know once you have watched it, I'll be interested to know if anyone actually enjoys it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i have to for the subtitles...my german wife uses them like a comfort blanket, with something like top boy its probably fair enough

i know you can start downloading various things and add ons but i cant be bothered

I only use subtitles when I'm watching something I've seen 100 times before and I'm playing my guitar while its on.

With foreign films or series though I can't watch the English dubs, especially with Korean or Japanese stuff, it has to be in the original language with subs for that shit

6 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

don't worry, I purposely didn't say any more than that, let me know once you have watched it, I'll be interested to know if anyone actually enjoys it.

Might be a while. Have to finish original Justified, then watch the new one, then maybe Ragnarok (dependant on the wife's ideas as I chose Justified). We also have the parents problem of only getting about an hour a night to watch TV together if we're lucky once the lad is in bed.

8 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Top Boy season 5 has just dropped on Netflix, I'll be binge watching the **** out of that, just started the first episode.

The first episode is good, good to see it's still fighting the good fight politically while still telling it's story.

I just smashed through the last series of Top Boy. Enjoyed it a lot. Don't look at spoilers unless you've watched it all.

Spoiler

The ending was satisfying, and I like how they left you guessing who killed Sully. 

I think they could have done a lot more with the Irish take over plot line. That ended a bit weakly for me. 

Overall, I'm glad Netflix made another 3 seasons, but I think the Channel 4 version was better. 

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

I just smashed through the last series of Top Boy. Enjoyed it a lot. Don't look at spoilers unless you've watched it all.

Hide contents

The ending was satisfying, and I like how they left you guessing who killed Sully. 

I think they could have done a lot more with the Irish take over plot line. That ended a bit weakly for me. 

Overall, I'm glad Netflix made another 3 seasons, but I think the Channel 4 version was better. 

Agreed on all of that, my only complaint is that it felt a little rushed, it would have been so much better if they fleshed out certain parts and made it 8 or even 10 episodes, I think that would have been more than warranted, especially considering it was the final series. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Agreed on all of that, my only complaint is that it felt a little rushed, it would have been so much better if they fleshed out certain parts and made it 8 or even 10 episodes, I think that would have been more than warranted, especially considering it was the final series. 

Yeah I didn't look how many episodes there were, so was taken back by how fast things started moving. Definitely could have gone for more episodes and fleshed it out a little more. 

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

Yeah I didn't look how many episodes there were, so was taken back by how fast things started moving. Definitely could have gone for more episodes and fleshed it out a little more. 

Spoiler

I'm still at a bit of a loss as to the point of the Irish family, they were introduced as these hard hitting bad ass not to be **** with really bad people yet Dushane and Sully basically take down their entire operation with just 2 water pistols.

Then there were the 2 dudes that were sent to get Dushane out of the country, again, introduced as bad asses who whip out assault rifles in the middle of a riot with police all over the place, useless **** had aim worse that stormtroopers and were again taken out with water pistols after about 15 seconds.

Lauryn was on drugs for 2 days and overdosed causing Jaq to spiral, again it was just too fast.

All of the above had potential to be awesome and just a few more episodes would have worked a helluva lot better. 

but despite that I still really enjoyed it.

Â