Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Also started "Them" last night. 

I like the scary angle of it but I find the racism story very stressful and hard to watch. Might leave this one alone. 

18 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Finished "The Last Kingdom", what a great show. Looking forward to the movie length finale. 

Movie length finale?!? When’s this due???

should finish the final two episodes tonight - it’s been brilliant.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I think TLK is better than Vikings (for which I’m halfway through S4)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I always thought that the show was dangerous and had a wider negative impact on society 

Thought that people could watch it and use it to justify their own lives in a "at least im not that" kind of way

I think, I used to think it was a bit a set up, especially when they kicked off, I thought it was all for the cameras and most of the participants enjoyed it. Never realised the suffering on these people  although I think cause I was younger too.

27 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Also started "Them" last night. 

I like the scary angle of it but I find the racism story very stressful and hard to watch. Might leave this one alone. 

I thought that was excellent - doesn't get enough praise imo.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Jeremy Kyle Death on Daytime on C4. Man they are ripping Kyle a new one in here. He will never be able to step out in public again. 

Always thought it was a despicable show, but looking back, what a arrogant word removed he really was.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I always thought that the show was dangerous and had a wider negative impact on society 

Thought that people could watch it and use it to justify their own lives in a "at least im not that" kind of way

There was a very good doc on Netflix about a death on the 1990's Jenny Jones talk show which was similar to Jeremy Kyle. The outcome was its all about ratings, pure and simple and its all in the name of "entertainment".

19 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

There was a very good doc on Netflix about a death on the 1990's Jenny Jones talk show which was similar to Jeremy Kyle. The outcome was its all about ratings, pure and simple and its all in the name of "entertainment".

This is true,  I'm not sure if you saw last night but the staff who worked on the show played by actors on this programme said they used to lie, to wind the participants up, saying things the ex girlfriend etc, didnt even say just to get a reaction and increase the shows ratings. 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This is true,  I'm not sure if you saw last night but the staff who worked on the show played by actors on this programme said they used to lie, to wind the participants up, saying things the ex girlfriend etc, didnt even say just to get a reaction and increase the shows ratings. 

I didn't see the CH4 program. Not sure I could stomach watching a program about Kyle TBH. He's an oxygen thief.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Movie length finale?!? When’s this due???

should finish the final two episodes tonight - it’s been brilliant.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I think TLK is better than Vikings (for which I’m halfway through S4)

Not sure about an airing date but it's allegedly being filmed right now, to be called "7 Kings Must Die".

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Not sure about an airing date but it's allegedly being filmed right now, to be called "7 Kings Must Die".

I think it's loosely based on the last 3 books but also leaves room for them to do those books somehow. 

No idea what that means. 

On 14/03/2022 at 11:00, Designer1 said:

I thought that was excellent - doesn't get enough praise imo.

We've stuck with it,  it's not bad. 

On 14/03/2022 at 10:31, rjw63 said:

Finished "The Last Kingdom", what a great show. Looking forward to the movie length finale. 

For some reason my mind associates this show with "Kingdom of Heaven", that shite Orlando Bloom film from the noughties.

Which means I'm completely unmotivated to watch The Last Kingdom. It's totally irrational.

But given your verdict I'm going to push myself and watch it :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

For some reason my mind associates this show with "Kingdom of Heaven", that shite Orlando Bloom film from the noughties.

Which means I'm completely unmotivated to watch The Last Kingdom. It's totally irrational.

Get ready for lots of Uhtred (son of Uhtred) saying his own name.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I actually kinda like Kingdom of Heaven. If it didn't have Bloom as the lead and cut some of the unnecessary bits it would be a very good film. 

18 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I actually kinda like Kingdom of Heaven. If it didn't have Bloom as the lead and cut some of the unnecessary bits it would be a very good film. 

Are you confusing it with Highway to Heaven, a programme about Jonathan Smith an Angel who used to do good deeds? Held the Sunday afternoon back from the pub and after dinner slot for many a year

• Like 1

Really liked the first season of The Last Kingdom but I've started 2 times and can not get past the first couple episodes of season 2.

Probably give it a 3rd try some day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Really liked the first season of The Last Kingdom but I've started 2 times and can not get past the first couple episodes of season 2.

Probably give it a 3rd try some day.

Definitely worth it IMO!

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I thought it was **** garbage

Â