Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Human Planet (probably already been said but hey ho). The Beeb certainly know how to make a good nature documentary.

Last week was amazing - the guy who climbed a tree to get the honey. Unbelievable.

Human Planet, superb. Tonight's episode was great, especially the bit about the tribe in West Papua building a tree house. Shame about the coy camera work when the rather nice lady crew member got her norks out, though.
I missed last night's programme (mountains), dammit.

Oooh, it was good. Not on a scale to last weeks effort mind but superb viewing nonetheless. I won't spoil it for you but I will say that I wouldn't mind a burial like that!

Oh, and I concur that the lady crew member is rather nice :)

Is Mad Men as good as people make out? My brother watched series 1 and was like meh. I received it for Xmas but haven't watched further than the first episode, which hardly had me obsessed with it.

At this moment in time the first three series are lying there on my bedroom floor, alone. I may never forgive myself if it turns out to be a classic,

In a simple answer yes. Mad Men is the coolest programme I have seen, I have not seen a bad episode.

Also watched the first episode of boardwalk empire tonight.............what a programme

Reggae Britannia

BBC4 (iPlayer)

Watched it last night. Very good indeed. Although it brushed over Reggae's influence on current music, and no mention of it's influence on Jungle etc. And nothing really mentioned about Dance Hall or Ragga. Still enjoyed it very much though, and recommend people check it out on iPlayer.

Currently coming to the end od series 3 of the The Wire, the programme is like a drug to me atm, only started to watch it from 2 weeks ago, Got 4-5 downloaded and waiting. Got Boardwalk empire downloaded and waiting to watch. I managed to finish the Sopranos a few weeks back brilliant programme the ending was unusual. For anyone who hasn't watched Sons of Anarchy do yourself a favour and watch it.

Anyone watching Boardwalk Empire. Excellent TV.

Watched.

Fantastic show, great characters and acting tied into real historical events. Can't wait for the next series.

They have it early in Korea?

Episode 4 is on tonight. I'm a bit surprised that this hasn't been mentioned more. It's absolutely brilliant, massive budget, awesome casting and writing and tied together by Scorsese.

It's such an interesting era too.

Anyone watch Mad Dogs last night?

I did. Thought it was excellent. Amazing cast, been looking forward to it for a while.

First episode is always tricky in a 4-part drama like that, because you've got to set everything up, establish the characters, set the scene, etc.. What they did very well was do that whilst keeping it very entertaining, and it slowly got better and better until the last 5 minutes (and the 'on next week's episode') was just 'wow!'.

They've just started to show "Sherlock" here in Sweden. 2 shows so far. The new one with Martin Freeman as dr. Watson. I think it's ace. :thumb:

Thought that was excellent, really well written and acted. Eagerly await it's return.

Yep, I was very disappointed when I realised that the first season only contained 3 shows. Tonight's the last one here.

They've just started to show "Sherlock" here in Sweden. 2 shows so far. The new one with Martin Freeman as dr. Watson. I think it's ace. :thumb:

Thought that was excellent, really well written and acted. Eagerly await it's return.

Yep, I was very disappointed when I realised that the first season only contained 3 shows. Tonight's the last one here.

I thought the first one (A Study in Scarlet) was absolutely outstanding - even though I was totally prepared to hate it. The other two were merely good. Has potential for development for sure.

I was too young to watch him present Masterpiece Theatre (he retired when I was ten), but when I was a lad I did read one of his books from the 70s on his travels in America). I was somewhat surprised when I came upon "Letter from America" on the BBC website (back in 02-ish, probably).

Alistair Cooke was da man, but

Â