Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I'm really enjoying the new series of The Bridge, there's just so much content. Its still available from the beginning on iplayer if you missed the start.

I enjoy it but I have a few small problems with this series.

Martin visiting that bloke in prison.

A highly organised terrorist network can't manage to shoot and kill an unarmed girl in a car.

The one barrel of toxic waste that is dropped happens to contain a dead body.

These are only minor quibbles but I do find second series to be a bit patchy a lot of the time.

Seeing what happened to the fairly similar Homeland makes me less unhappy that Rubicon only lasted for one season.

I thought Rubicon was really great I couldn't stop watching, surprised it doesn't get much of a mention. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes any of the other usual suspects.

• Like 1

Second season of The Killing (Danish) was a bit rubbish. Not a patch on the first. Not sure if I'll bother with season three.

I gave up with that after a few episodes and read the plot on wiki. The whole idea of Lund being anywhere near that case was flawed. I haven't watched the third series but it is meant to be a lot better.

Fleming starts on sky Atlantic feb 12

It's about Ian Fleming and his war time career and I suspect a lot of artistic license re James Bond creation

Might be worth a look though

Game of thrones series 4 start on 7th April for those that watch it and didn't already know

Edited by tonyh29

Just watched episode 3...I can safely say that this show is easily the best thing on TV since The Wire. Game of Thrones is great, but True Detective is on another level. I found myself literally on the edge of my seat, not because of action, but just the way it weaves a kind of dreamlike spell. It's hypnotic television. It gets at some human truths and picks at them. It's almost like the crime investigation is secondary to an exploration of the mind. The writing is cynical as hell, I love it.

Looking forward to seeing True Detective, although I'd say 3 episodes is a bit early to predict such greatness, but I'll agree all the ingredients are there.

On another note, I've been enjoying Weekly Wipe. But there are 2 bits that annoy me.

That bit where some bloke does a show from the week in 90 seconds. It's really shit. Like not even a smile here or there.

And the "moments of Wonder" bit at the end. Yeah we get it, that bird is thick, we don't need 5 minutes of her getting stuff wrong to ram it down our throats.

I'm really enjoying the new series of The Bridge, there's just so much content. Its still available from the beginning on iplayer if you missed the start.

A highly organised terrorist network can't manage to shoot and kill an unarmed girl in a car.

These are only minor quibbles but I do find second series to be a bit patchy a lot of the time.

What is your point about Martin visiting him in Prison? Its an aside but that is all it is.

At that point there was no network, the cell was already dead and the girls appearance on the scene was somewhat unpredictable

Yes I agree about the first barrel

On another note, I've been enjoying Weekly Wipe. But there are 2 bits that annoy me.

That bit where some bloke does a show from the week in 90 seconds. It's really shit. Like not even a smile here or there.

And the "moments of Wonder" bit at the end. Yeah we get it, that bird is thick, we don't need 5 minutes of her getting stuff wrong to ram it down our throats.

The 90 seconds bit has been poor but he was spot on with Tim Lovejoy last week.

I think that woman is a parody of Stacey Dooley who makes appalling documentaries for BBC3. 

What is your point about Martin visiting him in Prison? Its an aside but that is all it is.

I just don't think it would happen. It's an awkward way of providing continuity between the two series.

At that point there was no network, the cell was already dead and the girls appearance on the scene was somewhat unpredictable

It's getting ridiculous now. She gets abducted and survives again although I know they wanted to test that drug on her. Amnesia is such a lazy plot mechanism.

Good!  ;) 

^ Don't read my replies unless you've watched up to episode 8.

I have actually started to care about Sterling Archer like one would a wee puppy dog.

Bearing in mind what we know about your dog bothering past, that is a pretty scary thought.

• Like 1

I just don't think it would happen. It's an awkward way of providing continuity between the two series.

It's getting ridiculous now. She gets abducted and survives again although I know they wanted to test that drug on her. Amnesia is such a lazy plot mechanism.

Good!  ;) 

^ Don't read my replies unless you've watched up to episode 8.

Its ok, its rare that I'll get past midday on Sunday without having seen both episodes

I see the Martin / Jail thing as not a link to S1 but a character development tool looking forward to S3, just like Martin looking into Saga's family history. There are plenty of examples in RL where victim has met perpetrator in jail, so I can't see your point

Its not really amnesia though, she's been shot in the head, you would expect some memory issues and as we see right at the end of EP8 her dream remembrance would appear to be totally relevant, what has prevented progress along that line is the over protective father.

Also don't read my reply unless EP8 has been watched

This is embarrassing for me being quite into my film and TV and I've never seen it before, but my boxset of The Wire arrived this morning :D

Can't wait to get stuck into it. I've wanted to watch it for ages but whenever Sky Atlantic show it it's never from the first season and I can't be doing with joining a show when I haven't seen the first episode.

Really looking forward to it. Forty quid for five seasons of supposedly one of the best TV shows of modern times. Bargain.

• Like 2

Â