The New Condem Government

bickster

Disappointed that Cameron's memories of London 0 Hull 4 didn't extend to some of the exhortations on the cover of the album. :)

Facebook:

41814_19036402622_9771_q.jpg

Paul Heaton

Well, apparently David Cameron likes London 0 Hull 4. Which part of the attack on his policies and rich friends did he like best???

London 0 Hull 4 is my favourite album ever, and I know every word of every song, and the sleeve art is imprinted in my mind forever.  The sleeve notes contain the phrase "Take Jesus, Take Marx, Take Hope". As Paul Heaton has admitted he's not a Christian, I think having a go at Cameron for not agreeing with the contents of the album is a bit rich.

but it was Housemartins, a collaborative effort, perhaps the Rev Dicky Coles was partly responsible?

Heaton held Christian beliefs when he was a Housemartin, he has subsequently seen the light

No he didn't.

And Richard Coles is the vicar (or whatever) in the village where my sister lives (Finedon, near Wellingborough).

No he didn't.

Without going all Punch and Judy, yes he did. I didn't say he was a Christian btw, he just held SOME christian beliefs. He was very interested in the similarities between the teachings of Jesus and Marx. He wasn't a practising Christian or a member of any branch of the cult but he was very interested in it all.

Oh another one I've met a few times, even played footie with him a few times

Is this still a 'coalition' - the two parties disagree on quite a lot these days - seems in effect,  this is Tory minority government now - they have to rely on other parties to get legislation passed

It was always going to be the way, the closer they get to the end of their fixed term coalition, the greater the need to separate themselves policy wise.

Trouble is the Tories will still be seen as the Tories and the Liberals have shown they can't be trusted.

• Like 2

This 'coalition' has done far more damage to the Libs than the Nasty Party.

We all knew, beneath all the bluster and fakery and pledges and PR, that the Tories were the party of priviliege and wealth, of maintaining the status quo. The wolf in sheep's clothing if you will. They have simply been true to their colours.

The Lib Dems however, have propped them up, for no other reason it seems than a 15 minute taste of (the illusion of) power. It's a abit late for the Lieberal Democrats to now try to distance them,selves from the shite they've been supporting for the past 3.5-4 years.

As Gareth says, they cannot be trusted. Their support/vote is going to haemorrhage

• Like 2

We all knew, beneath all the bluster and fakery and pledges and PR, that the Tories were the party of priviliege and wealth, of maintaining the status quo. The wolf in sheep's clothing if you will. They have simply been true to their colours.

The Lib Dems however, have propped them up, for no other reason it seems than a 15 minute taste of (the illusion of) power. It's a abit late for the Lieberal Democrats to now try to distance them,selves from the shite they've been supporting for the past 3.5-4 years.

As Gareth says, they cannot be trusted. Their support/vote is going to haemorrhage

This is true..... but the next Government of the Country will be a Tory/UKIP coalition on much less favourable terms than those the Lib Dems agreed to. 

You think its bad now. Wait until 2015 with Deputy PM Farage mixing things up. 

This is true..... but the next Government of the Country will be a Tory/UKIP coalition on much less favourable terms than those the Lib Dems agreed to. 

Haha comedy gold

UKIP will not win a single seat all they succeed in doing is ensuring either a Labour victory or a Lab / Lib coalition.

Which is kinda ironic given that UKIP want a referendum in order to pull out of Europe and the Tories appear to be offering that as an election pledge. Makes you wonder what Farage's real motivation is...

• Like 1

The tories have now borrowed more money in the past 3 years than Labour did in 13 years.

To pay for the system that Labour engineered during those 13 years. The laughable thing is Labour supporters bleating about Tory cuts without which the borrowing trajectory would have been even higher!

• Like 1

Haha comedy gold

UKIP will not win a single seat all they succeed in doing is ensuring either a Labour victory or a Lab / Lib coalition.

Which is kinda ironic given that UKIP want a referendum in order to pull out of Europe and the Tories appear to be offering that as an election pledge. Makes you wonder what Farage's real motivation is...

Well at this point I wouldn't confidently state that UKIP will win a Westminster seat in 2015, but it's a rash call to say they won't. 

IF they come out of the EU elections in 2014 as the biggest party it will give them momentum and as you and I have agreed, people are genuinely fed up with the lib lab con. Unless one is a dyed in the wool greenie then UKIP offer one of the only other real alternatives. Plus they now have massive donors behind them and polling has shown that they do not only take votes from the Tories, but also Labour (check out the north of England where the Tories are political kryptonite) and a large number statistically are people who are voting for the first time in years.

I don't think they are going to form a government but it is undeniable that they are changing the political landscape.

The tories have now borrowed more money in the past 3 years than Labour did in 13 years.

To pay for the system that Labour engineered during those 13 years. The laughable thing is Labour supporters bleating about Tory cuts without which the borrowing trajectory would have been even higher!
and the laughable thing is the Tory party wanted more public spending while labour was in office . Oops
  • Like 3

and the laughable thing is the Tory party wanted more public spending while labour was in office . Oops

Oops indeed.  Wanting to pile more wood on Labour's fire is hardly a sensible policy.  Any more than trying to re-inflate the housing bubble is now. Osborne is an utter chod, I've never said anything different.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that anti-Labour doesn't equal pro-Tory.

No one said that . See how comments and thread have moved on .

But anyway talking about the Tory party. Interesting tactics re the abuse and accusations re the co op bloke . Especially re the reception he held that was attended by Tory folk .

Methinks Cameron will be reluctant to push the drug taking angle on this one . His own shady past on this subject might rear its head again.

George Osbourne's past with drugs and hookers might rear its head soon enough anyway

• Like 2

The best thing about the Co-op bank story is how it destroys the myth that people in top jobs are there on merit, are talented and deserve their rewards.

The drug thing is a distraction from this and the funding is irrelevant because the Tories get their funding from their own banking brothel .

We have Balls and colleagues being too dumb to know how fu**ed the banks were and pressuring the Co-op to buy another bank which had vaults full of cack. But as every single Tory is guilty of the same level of ignorance and hubris as Labour, the sin of being a brain-dead, arrogant, over-rewarded twunt, cancels each other out. 

Then you have Paul Flowers proving that you don't have to know anything about banking to get the job of running a bank and the responsibilities are so light and so well rewarded that you can dedicate your life to Bacchanalian and priapic excess.

The fact that the bank failed no worse than the rest, seems to prove that having someone not doing the top job is no worse than having someone doing the job.

So when the top dogs at the banks claimed that they should not be blamed for the financial collapse, they were probably telling the truth, and that in actual fact they had so little to do with running their own bank and hadn't the slightest clue what was going on, so they are innocent.

They just sat behind a nice big desk and got paid a lot, is all they admitted to, and which is probably the absolute truth.

What we have to accept is that the biggest sin of Flowers was not the drugs or the rent-boys, but the fact that he exposed the whole social, political and economic hierarchy as totally fraudulent.

It seems certain that the only talent people at the top have is the ability to tell convincing lies and keep political secrets.

Flowers has exposed how the system works and therefore the electorate have to be distracted by the theatrics of a minor scandal, so we don't actually realise the truth.

The hierarchy serves an entirely different function to that we assume it to be.

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 2

i had a thought last night which struck me as conflicting, but i'm sure someone here can clear it up for me.

Conservatives under Thatcher had 'right to buy' as one of their big policies as they believed that everyone should be able to own their own home.

Conservatives under Cameron seem to be against house-building and all for inflating prices out of the reach of first-time buyers.

Is it opposing views between Thatcher & Cameron, or am i just mistaken with my thought process?

i had a thought last night which struck me as conflicting, but i'm sure someone here can clear it up for me.

Conservatives under Thatcher had 'right to buy' as one of their big policies as they believed that everyone should be able to own their own home.

Conservatives under Cameron seem to be against house-building and all for inflating prices out of the reach of first-time buyers.

Is it opposing views between Thatcher & Cameron, or am i just mistaken with my thought process?

Same aims, Thatch banned the use of the money from sales of houses to be used for the building of new ones

Â