Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Carrick is a better player then Petrov and we need better than what we have at the mo. Darren Bent scored more PL goals than Torres (injured or not) - does that not say it all!? Anyway we can't afford Bent. Carrick, Ireland and a striker - possibly 2 if we sell Carew/Heskey.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's widely accepted that Gerrard is in general a shadow of his usual self when playing for England.

I don't think anyone's saying you don't deserve an opinion but when your opinion goes against that of experts (i.e. actual football managers) it can be difficult to take it seriously.

Where have you seen these opinions of other managers reported?

What cracks me up about the England scenario? It's only Gerrard who doesn't perform, what about Lampard, do you see him as a free-scoring midfielder for England because i certainly don't. Gerrard after Rooney is our most important player for me, only guy who can change a game within an instance.

It's widely accepted that Gerrard is in general a shadow of his usual self when playing for England.

I don't think anyone's saying you don't deserve an opinion but when your opinion goes against that of experts (i.e. actual football managers) it can be difficult to take it seriously.

Don't worry Risso, remember this is coming from the man who ignores all the experts and professional coaches, players, pundits who talk about the extensive depth where Mourinho goes into his work. Funny, use it for one arguement, not another ay. :lol:

Carew isn't good enough for where we want to be. Shall we put away sentimentality in order to succeed?

Or shall we cling on to Carew in the hope he'll pop up with a decent run of form now and again, whilst at the same time doing sweet **** all for the team.

As I said with Darren Bent, I couldn't give a rats arse if he scored 20 a season and stole the show. If he doesn't contribute enough to the team then he can take his ego and **** off. Unless he starts pulling his weight then sod it, he should move on.

Why get rid of a player that has scored 0.42 goals for every match he has played for Aston Villa (52 goals in all competitions in 119 matches - of which he started in 98 matches) and keep Heskey and Agbonlahor, who does not score as much as Carew when on the pitch?

Because the team function better without him....

What cracks me up about the England scenario? It's only Gerrard who doesn't perform, what about Lampard, do you see him as a free-scoring midfielder for England because i certainly don't. Gerrard after Rooney is our most important player for me, only guy who can change a game within an instance.

Lampard has 21 goals in 66 starts for England, that's not to bad is it?

Back to the Carrick point by another poster, he has been shocking for two seasons and is definitely not what we need.

Don't worry Risso, remember this is coming from the man who ignores all the experts and professional coaches, players, pundits who talk about the extensive depth where Mourinho goes into his work. Funny, use it for one arguement, not another ay. :lol:

*blows end of imaginary smoking gun*

Eh?

Managers make mistakes. Sorry, when I see all those misplaced passes I am clearly misinterpreting the grand plan for Carrick! Francis Jeffers has played for England and is now on the bench of some crappy league one side. Carrick has been good in the past, and at United there is talent around him that can carry shite / underperforming invididuals from time to time. mOst mancs I know say he's been very poor all year round, by the same token Gerrard has been very poor all year round acknowledged even by the most defensive of scousers. Yet he's guaranteed to start - partly and to an extent reasonably enough - based on his achievements to date with England.

what achievements to date with England?

Isiah Osbourne is an average poor - to - average footballer, Michael Carrick quite blatantly isn't.

I completely disagree about Carrick.

Ferguson bought an average player for over £20 million, he's given him alot of time(helped by Hargreaves) and Carrick has failed to shine, playing alongside excellent midfielders, the team around him has carried him, and his general performances could be described as anonymous.

Definately imo not the kind of player we need at Villa, would be a massive step back from Jimmy, and probably on higher wages.

I would like to see Carlton Cole at Villa as a replacement for one of those two looks like a complete striker to me

I have either read the most outrageous comment ever on Villatalk or have mis-read it altogether...Carlton Cole, the 'complete striker'??

:o

I'll make a statement here and now. If we sign Carlton Cole , especially for the amounts quoted, this summer as our big striker addition to the club then it is the beginning of the end of MON as our manager

I'll make a statement here and now. If we sign Carlton Cole , especially for the amounts quoted, this summer as our big striker addition to the club then it is the beginning of the end of MON as our manager

That was a joy. Well done and thank you. I will look back on this day with fondness

I think Yakubu could well be Carlton Cole's replacement.

And I'd rather have the Yak than Cole.

Please do not call him "The Yak" :|

The Ubu?