Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We get it, you're 'surprised' at the amount of pages. Maybe if you stopped posting there'd be less of them?

Not really surprised at all, just find it amusing.

See you on page 40

500, easy.

I'm happy to say that oneill won't have even made enquiries yet. So all speculation so far has, IMO, been bs.

Yep, we've never been the quickest in the transfer market. Can't be arsed with the transfer windows now, we all sit on the edges of our seats waiting for something to happen, but it never does. We're linked with the same players every year aswell. A couple of players will leave, and one or two will join, nothing major. World Cup will be a welcome distraction.

We get it, you're 'surprised' at the amount of pages. Maybe if you stopped posting there'd be less of them?

Not really surprised at all, just find it amusing.

See you on page 40

:lol: ****'ll see us on every 10th page :D See you there Rob loki8.gif

MON will go to the world cup speak to robbie williams, sit next to ian wright and then sign salifou's long lost brother Bernard.

oh and i also think he'll put in an offer for belhadj and bellamy. From the talk on soccer am sounds like onouha leaving city too and that ireland may be...

Soldado ex-Réal. Fantastic player. Doubt we'd get him tbh. If we started sniffing, someone bigger would go for him.

I haven't read anything about anyone being interested in him, at least not in the Spanish press. I think he might go for the chance to follow the several other successful Spanish footballers to England. He wasn't named in the world cup squad, etc. Maybe he wants a change. He would immediately give the Villa something we don't really have. A striker who is a natural finisher.

He couldn't cost much more than 10-12 million I'd say. PLEASE MON!

I'm always wary of strikers in foreign leagues who are 'good in the air'. Over there it's a novelty and something that makes them stand out and makes them effective. Over 'here' it's almost a pre-requisite to be good in the air and like Andrea Silenzi all those years ago, I always suspect that someone like Llorente would join a PL club and become very very ordinary.

But Llorente scored a headed goal against England so he must be decent in the air. Wouldn't really want Llorente because we've already got Carew and Heskey who are good in the air but I think he would well in the Premier League.

We've been linked with Beckford today, I'm not sure whether he'd be a good signing or not. He's free so I think we may as well go for him but then I think we need a better striker than Beckford to partner Gabby.

Kalinic?

I posted this a couple of pages back but nobody replied either because you think he's shit or woulden't mind him. Joe Ledley of Cardiff. Looks a nice bit of Welsh talent for a couple of million would be nicely suited at us!

Would take Kalinic ^^ too as given the chance he know's where the net is, something he fails to get the oppurtunity at Blackburn.

Kevin Prince Boateng would be another good addition but watching him yesterday at times he was getting greedy and trying too hard. However, very energetic and wouldn't surprise me if a club around us signed him.

If we could get a player like Javier Pastore in, I'd cream myself. Where do clubs like Palermo find the scouting to get players of that calibre so young.

I posted this a couple of pages back but nobody replied either because you think he's shit or woulden't mind him. Joe Ledley of Cardiff. Looks a nice bit of Welsh talent for a couple of million would be nicely suited at us!

Out of contract this summer I think - would fit in nicely but not sure he is better than what we have.

Out of contract this summer I think - would fit in nicely but not sure he is better than what we have.

And if Cardiff get promoted I can't see him leaving. Not a bad player though.