bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Mate, if I was manager we'd be bankrupt by now

Good! Sign him up!

Realistically though, don't you think we need a striker and a sort of playmaker? You've chose a right back not much better than the one's we already have then a defensive midfielder who you seem'd to have randomly picked out the bag. Haven't seen Muamba play much myself...

Just thought too, what about Reo-Coker? You'd rather have him over the legend Co-co?

Honestly, my team would be different from the one i posted. I was just looking at it from a 'stereotypical' MON POV i suppose. Minimal change, English signings, young etc...

Ideally i'd like to see us sign a striker who can finish and poach, a play-making midfielder to link up to the striker(s), a holding midfielder who can break up play and distribute the ball out to our attacking players, and a right back. I'd also be inclined to say a goalkeeper as Guzan doesn't seem to be developing as i thought he would. My list, if i were to be manager would be;

Striker: Radamel Falcao (Yes I have seen him play)

Play-Maker: Steven Defour

Holding Midfielder: Scott Parker

Right Back: Paulo Ferreira

Goalkeeper: Ben Foster

If we had a spare bit of cash i'd love us to sign Romelu Lukaku from Anderlecht. He's only 17, but he looks amazing. 15 goals in 30 games last season. Then again, we have Delfouneso so...

Hopefully the strategy is get rid of surplus players and replace them with better quality - first team quality for a top 6 side - and try and have a net spend of about 20mil. If he is going to use the kids for the Europa cup then we a similar squad size will be fine but just with increased quality for the first team that will give us lots of different options.

Rickie Lambert?

Ha.

Well, living on the south coast I have seen saints play about 15 times this season and I believe he is good enough to be in the squad, forgetting the fact he got 35 goals in 40 games this season from a mixture of ranges, it's his runs of the ball, hold up play, awareness of team mates, and ability in the air in fact I've not seen a player link up play as well from headers for a long time. Did you see the FA cup match against Pompey and how much he tormented their defense as well as scoring a quality header?

for 4 mill I reckon he's worth a pop.

I know BBC 606 website is even less reliable than this website but someone on there seems adamant that Villa are looking at Nathaniel Clyne, Marco Reus, Ivan Rakitic, Miralem Sulejmani and Marko Arnautovic. He has also said that we have enquired about him and has even gone as far as explaining all the details on Arnautovic's situation. He's said how he didn't feature enough for Inter to get a deal there and how the uncertainty over whether Mourinho is staying or not is another factor why he didn't get a permanent deal at Inter. Also, McLaren has left Twente and McLaren was going to bid for Arnautovic but Dzeko has changed his mind and decided to stay at Wolfsburg.

To be honest, he is a MON type player and I doubt this person will be making all of this up, it's just pointless.

I know BBC 606 website is even less reliable than this website but someone on there seems adamant that Villa are looking at Nathaniel Clyne, Marco Reus, Ivan Rakitic, Miralem Sulejmani and Marko Arnautovic. He has also said that we have enquired about him and has even gone as far as explaining all the details on Arnautovic's situation. He's said how he didn't feature enough for Inter to get a deal there and how the uncertainty over whether Mourinho is staying or not is another factor why he didn't get a permanent deal at Inter. Also, McLaren has left Twente and McLaren was going to bid for Arnautovic but Dzeko has changed his mind and decided to stay at Wolfsburg.

To be honest, he is a MON type player and I doubt this person will be making all of this up, it's just pointless.

Yeah I mentioned that Arnautovic dude in this thread earlier... he seems like a top player from what I have seen, and admittedly that's not a lot! But the prospect of a young exciting European player plying his trade with us is a mouth watering one, and all of the aforementioned players are just that. Fingers crossed this is an area MON is looking at seriously, and we can get in a couple of really exciting signings.

Yeah I mentioned that Arnautovic dude in this thread earlier... he seems like a top player from what I have seen, and admittedly that's not a lot! But the prospect of a young exciting European player plying his trade with us is a mouth watering one, and all of the aforementioned players are just that. Fingers crossed this is an area MON is looking at seriously, and we can get in a couple of really exciting signings.

Yeah I hope we do buy him. I think MON is definitely going to buy a striker who can finish and has a bit of skill since we have brilliant hold up players in Gabby, Heskey and Carew.

Yeah he seems to be very skillful, he reminds me of C. Ronaldo with his touch, and almost arrogance on the ball, a player I would love to see at Villa definately, would add something we lack and would link well with Gabby. There must be something about him for Mourinho to take a look at him.

Yeah he seems to be very skillful, he reminds me of C. Ronaldo with his touch, and almost arrogance on the ball, a player I would love to see at Villa definately, would add something we lack and would link well with Gabby. There must be something about him for Mourinho to take a look at him.

It's not just skill, but size, too. He's almost 6'4", but is just as nimble and tricky as a nippy little winger. I'd love to see us take a chance on him.

Would welcome Rakitic and Sulejmani, too. They'd definitely give us some flair and intelligence. I'd be a little concerned about Sulejmani coping with England's physicality, but Ajax are apparently looking to move him along, so he probably wouldn't cost us too much, which would make him worth a shot. Could be a very useful impact sub, especially at home against the proverbial parked bus.

Sounds exciting but don't underestimate the effort people put into lies.

A lot of people do tend to make a lot of stuff up, and the effort that goes into lying and fabrication can be quite remarkable. Looking forward to seeing how the summer pans out, I wouldn't be adverse to having 'Arnautovic 9' on the back of my shirt next season :P

I'm surprised people are bothering with this thread, nothing is going to happen until at least after the World Cup. I reckon we won't bring anyone in til a week before the season starts!

Foreign talent you say?

Alex Witsel, Steven Defour, Jelle Van Damme. Hell, just saying that name gives me goose bumps.

The same Jelle Van Damme that couldn't make the grade at a relegation-bound Southampton? Who, during a heated match called Oguchi Onyewu a "Dirty Ape"? I'd rather Jean-Claude personally, he seems like less of an utter clearing in the woods and I imagine he would get stuck in good and proper. :D

Defour's still crocked if memory serves, and if he does manage to recapture his form after injury I believe Alex Ferguson was courting him so I can't imagine we'd be in with a shout if we were interested.

I haven't seen enough (or indeed any) of Axel Witsel, but it seems he was involved in a stamping incident where he broke an opponents' leg... crikey, these Belgian players are a class act!