Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

I will be surprised whatever happens if VAT if isn't increased

unfortunately i think your right julie. vat will be increased to about 19% i think. however with vat that can be controlled as its up to you how and when you spend your money.

taxing more your wages each month is far worse in my view a syou ahve no control over that

no pain, no gain.

Adopt the Lib Dems first 10k tax free idea, then raise the basic rate to 25p in the £ up to higher rate threshold where increases to 40p in the £ as now. The ridiculous new 'upper' rate of 50p in the £ should be scrapped.

Labour and Lib Dems are always banging on about fairness.

The low paid get a real break, everyone else pays on the basis that the more they earn, the more they pay.

You can't get any fairer than that, and you give the country a shot at pulling away from recession.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the problems in Dudley north, where on the re-count the result was altered by a couple of hundred votes with over 100 tory votes being found in the UKIP box, why aren't we doing electoral voting with technology?
Because recent experience in USA shows it's a lot easier to fiddle and experience in Sctoland that it can be very confusing.

unfortunately i think your right julie. vat will be increased to about 19% i think. however with vat that can be controlled as its up to you how and when you spend your money.

taxing more your wages each month is far worse in my view a syou ahve no control over that

no pain, no gain.

Adopt the Lib Dems first 10k tax free idea, then raise the basic rate to 25p in the £ up to higher rate threshold where increases to 40p in the £ as now. The ridiculous new 'upper' rate of 50p in the £ should be scrapped.

But that's neither lib dem not tory policy - so hardly a meeting of ideas.

And "introducing two tax breaks - instead of one" won't help the budget balance now, will it.

Given the problems in Dudley north, where on the re-count the result was altered by a couple of hundred votes with over 100 tory votes being found in the UKIP box, why aren't we doing electoral voting with technology?
Because recent experience in USA shows it's a lot easier to fiddle and experience in Sctoland that it can be very confusing.

Did you really just use Scotland as an example of how something can be too confusing?

I'd suggest if you've had too many tennants super before you vote and you can't read the TFT, it's nothing but your own fault.

I'd be much more confident in a regulated computerised voting system with one governing body, than I would thousands of people counting through the night with the massive element of human error. It's scary how a vote can change by hundreds with a re-count.

Well people with higher incomes with a greater level of acquisition of luxury goods can, but for the poorer they have to buy when they need - if your cooker breaks down, you don't just think to yourself that you'll live off cold sandwiches for the next couple of years until VAT is brought down again.

that a hyperthical sitaution, realistic yes. but how often is your cooker going to break down? taxing you on your wages each month leaves you out of pocket more. also i think people would spend their money more wisely if this was to happen.

if you wanted to buy a nice jumper for example you can at least say i will wait another month then buy it, without them taking a hit on your wages each month. you can control what luxeries you do or dont want.

even the poor spend alot of money on luxeries not just the rich

In fermanagh and south tyrone, the first count had the unionist candidate winning by six votes.

by the third vote sinn fein's candidate had won by 4.

I think an electronic system needs to be put in place, human error is to great a risk to take in an election.

Exactly,. With the huge swings this election and rather than thousands, but now only hundreds of votes in it with a lot of seats - how can we trust the current system? It's a shambles.

elelctronic voting as much susceptible to corruption and fraud iirc. Definitely read something fairly recently on it, can't remember where though.

It may have been about EVMs (electronic voting machines) in India.

no pain, no gain.

But that's neither lib dem not tory policy - so hardly a meeting of ideas.

And "introducing two tax breaks - instead of one" won't help the budget balance now, will it.

Removing the discriminatory 50% rate is not a break.

Raising the basic rate to 25% would bring far more into the coffers, and make for a fairer society.

So. Clegg will only work with Labour if Brown goes - which he won't want to do; or with the Tories if they guarantee electoral reform - which they won't want to do.

Who will crack first?

Bet! Bet! Bet!

banzai.jpg

So. Clegg will only work with Labour if Brown goes - which he won't want to do; or with the Tories if they guarantee electoral reform - which they won't want to do.

Who will crack first?

Bet! Bet! Bet!

The markets and sterling are too precarious at the moment. With all things Greek & Goldman Sachs as a backdrop.

Cameron & Clegg are not daft - at least in the short term they both know they have to work together - otherwise UK PLC will suffer.

Is it possible that the convservatives will tell George Osbourne to do one now?

Last night he really pissed me off, when asked about the fall in the markets over night, he instead went on to score points against Labour.

They should bring back someone with experience, Clarke maybe? He's about 9000 years old though. Even the Tory supporters must find it hard looking at that little runt and think anything other than 'this guy hasn't a clue.'

We should have scrapped the election and two of the TV debates and just had them playing poker at the first one to decide the future of the nation.

With only one good eye Brown might even have bluffed his way to a win although Cameron and his swetty chin might be hard to read.

John Major was interviewed before saying that it would be difficult for a Chancellor of another party to work with a PM because of their need to work so closely together.

If Cable isn't given the keys to No 11 I have a feeling that he may be given the oversight of the dismantling of the Financial Services Authority, the transfer of regulation of the banking sector back to the Bank of England and the formulation of a new system of regulation for the City and financial services.