Jez

Perez talking up Bale again, says he was "born to play in Madrid" which implies strongly that Real will go all out for Bale after missing out on Neymar.  

I'm still not sure how Bale and Ronaldo fit into the same team though.  Bale has done a lot of good work from the right hand side this season where he has been allowed to cut inside, but that happens because the rest of the Spurs team have been willing to do his donkey work for him.  He won't get that at Madrid.  Great players always find a way I guess, and Bale certainly has the talent to do well at a club like Real. 

Perez talking up Bale again, says he was "born to play in Madrid" which implies strongly that Real will go all out for Bale after missing out on Neymar.  

I'm still not sure how Bale and Ronaldo fit into the same team though.  Bale has done a lot of good work from the right hand side this season where he has been allowed to cut inside, but that happens because the rest of the Spurs team have been willing to do his donkey work for him.  He won't get that at Madrid.  Great players always find a way I guess, and Bale certainly has the talent to do well at a club like Real. 

I very much agree with this.

I don't see Bale as a team player at all, and you certainly wouldn't be able to accommodate more than one Bale-type player into a single team. I literally cannot see how he could play in the same team as Ronaldo, who does exactly the same role at Madrid. You can't have 2 players in the same team who are given the license to wander around how & where they wish, because the structure of the whole side would fall apart.

Isn't Aspas supposed to be a bit of a hot-head? Suarez and Aspas leading the line for Liverpool should be interesting to say the least.

Think Suarez wants out.. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Madrid.

His agent telling Sky he is happy at Red Scouse and no plans to move....shame!

Isn't Aspas supposed to be a bit of a hot-head? Suarez and Aspas leading the line for Liverpool should be interesting to say the least.

Think Suarez wants out.. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Madrid.

His agent telling Sky he is happy at Red Scouse and no plans to move....shame!

The agent who has spent the evening/morning being roundly bollocked by Liverpool's Press Officer?

Of course he has no "plans" to move..... but thats the thing with plans....they change.

My mate who is a Liverpool fan reckons they are after kyriakos papadopolus. I've never really seen him, but hear he is highly rated so imagine others would also be in for him.

fans i know think they are in for Benteke and Christian Eriksen :D

A Liverpool fan I work with thinks they're getting Benteke for £9.5m! Hahahaha

Really?

Better manager? Yeah. Their records aren't too different, Mourinho has a better league record though (although Ancelotti has won one at Chelski and PSG, but just the one at his time at Milan with a team that won the CL twice isn't great, although the Italian league was pretty strong until 06). However  I think Ancelotti brings more to the table. Or should that be less? No bullshit, no massive ego, and no need to create a siege mentality. He just coaches his team and wins.

• Like 1

I very much agree with this.

I don't see Bale as a team player at all, and you certainly wouldn't be able to accommodate more than one Bale-type player into a single team. I literally cannot see how he could play in the same team as Ronaldo, who does exactly the same role at Madrid. You can't have 2 players in the same team who are given the license to wander around how & where they wish, because the structure of the whole side would fall apart.

I guess the big thing is that Real Madrid have a history of not giving a shit about details like this.  

You can put Gareth Bale out left,

he'll go past players with ease and get crosses in.

That's not worth 60m+ though

Real Madrid pushing the boat for Bale only makes sense if they have him as long term replacement of Ronaldo in mind.

Real Madrid pushing the boat for Bale only makes sense if they have him as long term replacement of Ronaldo in mind.

Having Bale also makes sense if you're trying to placate fans who have just seen the other 'must have' accessory this summer joining your fiercest rivals. I love the oneupmanship between those 2 clubs :)
  • Like 1

Luis Suarez has been cut from 11/1 to evens to join Real Madrid this summer in Sky Bet's Transfer Specials

I simply wouldn't have believed that had you written it in regular text.

:)

I have a VT bug where sometimes my text appears in miniature size and I have to manually adjust it using the size pull down

keep meaning to log it on the "bug" thread but I need to play about a bit to see if it's my browser first

Having Bale also makes sense if you're trying to placate fans who have just seen the other 'must have' accessory this summer joining your fiercest rivals. I love the oneupmanship between those 2 clubs :)

I get the impression that's what signings are to the Spanish Big Two - just trophies.

If Bale has any sense he will stay in England where he will be able to fully showcase his ability instead of being a pawn in club electoral politics.

My mate who is a Liverpool fan reckons they are after kyriakos papadopolus. I've never really seen him, but hear he is highly rated so imagine others would also be in for him.

fans i know think they are in for Benteke and Christian Eriksen :D

A Liverpool fan I work with thinks they're getting Benteke for £9.5m! Hahahaha

Not surprised in the slightest Liverpool do have the most deluded fans in world football after all