Jez

Going back to neymar, I don't think any of us have seen enough of him to make a proper judgement on how good or bad he'll be.

I'd wager the majority of us on this site haven't seen more than a few highlights of brazilian football?

We've only really got a handful of his performances for the national side to go by. Admittedly they haven't been amazing, but it's still not a huge sample of games to go on.

Anyway, if he can provide some moments like this (possibly one of the best goals I've ever seen) then I'll be more than happy to see more of him

Going back to neymar, I don't think any of us have seen enough of him to make a proper judgement on how good or bad he'll be.

I'd wager the majority of us on this site haven't seen more than a few highlights of brazilian football?

We've only really got a handful of his performances for the national side to go by. Admittedly they haven't been amazing, but it's still not a huge sample of games to go on.

There's a reasonable amount of Brasileirao coverage on ESPN (watched Neymar's last game for Santos this morning) so it's not like a few years ago when Robinho came to Europe with hype but no coverage.

IMO he isn't as big of a prospect as Lucas who stuck out in pretty much every game I saw before his move. I think Pele has created a lot of his hype but that's not to say he won't do well. He certainly has the ability to play in any front 2 or 3 Barca would want to play and I actually think playing in a team where he's not the star will help him.

He's got the hunger to improve as well which is not always the case with highly touted South Americans.

Do falcao and valdes deal will be announced very soon. Apparently they tolk å plane over too Monaco. Coentrao and carvalho is supposed to join also. Crazy.

All that money and they sign Valdes and Carvalho? lol.

• Like 1

Why would Bayern need Lewandowski anyway, they already have both Mandzukic and Gomez.

Because Lewandowski is far better than both of those players.

Far better?

Harsh on Mandzukic especially, given the season he's had.

There's a reasonable amount of Brasileirao coverage on ESPN (watched Neymar's last game for Santos this morning) so it's not like a few years ago when Robinho came to Europe with hype but no coverage.

I'm aware of that, but how many of us on here can say we watch a huge amount of Brazilian football?

I doubt more than one or two.

My point was the majority of people on here saying Neymar will flop are probably guessing, or at the very most basing it on a couple of performances for Brazil

Why would Bayern need Lewandowski anyway, they already have both Mandzukic and Gomez.

Because Lewandowski is far better than both of those players.

Far better?

Harsh on Mandzukic especially, given the season he's had.

very harsh. He was top scorer at Euros as well and his performances have been a main reason Bayern have had such a brilliant season. Would have him ahead of Lewandowski in Bayern starting team

I'm aware of that, but how many of us on here can say we watch a huge amount of Brazilian football?

I doubt more than one or two.

My point was the majority of people on here saying Neymar will flop are probably guessing, or at the very most basing it on a couple of performances for Brazil

I pretty much agree, lots of people love to predict a flop. People on here even predicted Benteke would flop despite the fact nobody watches the Belgian league and he'd signed for what is supposedly their team! It even took some of them until he was the most in form striker in the league before begrudgingly accepting he wasn't a flop.

The main (only real) reason I even watch Brasileirao is because I know a few Brazilians and they're all happy enough to rib me when Villa get hammered and I wanted to return the favour.

Just been referred to a young brazilian footballer who is in the final stages of talks with a PL club to move in the Summer.  Looks like I will be having a very busy summer!  I love transfer season!

I reckon Gomez will move from Bayern.  Did I see that Dortmund are signing Eriksen?

Yeah that broke a few days back and my 'plop mates aren't too happy. He wouldn't be on a small wage and he's getting on in years. It doesn't make sense other than as a short term stopgap. Not the kind of thing I would have expected Brenton to resort to.

Yeah that broke a few days back and my 'plop mates aren't too happy. He wouldn't be on a small wage and he's getting on in years. It doesn't make sense other than as a short term stopgap. Not the kind of thing I would have expected Brenton to resort to.

It is a short-term stopgap. Without Carragher their defence lacks an organiser (so the theory goes) so they get someone who's both experienced and fairly vocal in.

If he moves, I don't expect the contract to be a long one. Neither do I expect him to start lots of games.