Jez

I can't say I have noticed him at all in the Argentina games so far. The only time I noticed him against Mexico was when he was subbed. But there's a lot of hype around him so he's got to have something.

Kjaer and Cavani look like they're on the way to Spuds:

Palermo have accepted Tottenham's £28million double bid for Simon Kjaer and Edinson Cavani.

A host of clubs have been linked with the highly-rated pair with Palermo resigned to losing the star duo this summer.

The likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Inter Milan have been credited with an interest in Danish international Kjaer, while City and Wolfsburg are thought to be keen on Cavani.

However, Tottenham are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by making a double bid for both players.

Zamparini claims Spurs have tabled a bid of €35million (£28million) for Kjaer and Cavani and that the offer was too good to turn down.

"Tottenham have bid €35million, an offer we cannot refuse, seeing as the two players have both said they want to leave," Zamparini told Sky Italia television.

"We will reinvest the money for these players," said Zamparini. "The midfield is my biggest concern, whereas in defence and attack we are fairly covered."

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is keen to bolster his squad as he prepares for the Champions League next season and landing Kjaer and Cavani would be a major coup for the White Hart Lane outfit.

Click

Everton had a 1.4mil euros bid accepted by Strasbourg for 19yr old striker/winger Magaye Gueye and he will join on Thursday. He is meant to be very, very quick.

French Link

I think this is from L'Equipe..

The International hopes, author of 11 goals in 2009-2010 for his official first season with the pros, has been informed in the dressing room. He knew, however, hardly ever leaving him: "All I know is that both clubs have agreed to the amount of compensation and I agreed. "

Six hours later, it was not at all. "Everton was following me, it seems, for a while, but until this afternoon (yesterday), there had been nothing concrete. I was even told at one point it was dead. This time, they assured me it was good. The majority shareholder agrees. Me too, although I do not know yet how long I will promise. I did not refuse Lyon. I just wanted to give me time because I was more tempted by England. If I had had no alternative but the OL, I'd be gone. But frankly, England suits me better. I want to see what is in my belly. "The forward and go to Liverpool this afternoon (14 pm) and will start from Thursday in training in Australia with Everton, 8th in the Premier League in 2009-2010, where competition does not look less severe at Lyons.

why sign another unproven striker? you've already signed Beckford and Joao Silva, is there any need for another 1?

He's young, pretty cheap and versatile. I don't see the problem. He plays on the wing/attacking midfielder a fair bit from what I've read.

We're trying to build and bulk up the squad.

Di Maria plays left wing which is one of the positions that Real Madrid wll strengthen for next year as part of 4-5-1 formation Mourinho wants.

Other position is

centre midfield

left back

and maybe centre back

Di Maria plays left wing which is one of the positions that Real Madrid wll strengthen for next year as part of 4-5-1 formation Mourinho wants.

Other position is

centre midfield

left back

and maybe centre back

Ashley Cole will be on his radar, dont worry about that. Also Lucio and/or Juan.

if Real get Gerrard they would have such a good midfield with him and Alonso, i thought when Liverpoo had him and Stevie in there midfield the season before last,they where one of the best midfield pairings in world football..

AG, why havnt you tried to sign Donovan on a permenant basis?

Top player IMO.

The biggest hurdle to that is MLS being ruthless/unrealistic when it comes to negotiations. After scoring 3 goals in 4 games his price will be higher than ever. He's 28 and would have little sell on value, so I don't think many, if any, clubs would be willing to meet MLS's price.