Jez

they are insane.

The Jones one I can half see, he's played alot more, for Blackburn I think, but jesus h.

always think the fees are going to come down at some point and then boom, osme idiot sanctions insane purchases and off we go again :/

Henderson and Jones both have high resale values. It's the only way they justify that price. Even if Henderson doesn't quite work out to be the amazing player he potentially can be, he can still probably be sold on for around £10m mark. £10m on a player like that isn't that much of a gamble. Whereas 50m for Torres, who will be 31 by the end of his contract..

People said we massively overpaid on Young.. We have had some good seasons out of him, and are going to turn a hefty profit to boot.. So sometimes the gambles are worth taking.

It is ridiculous how over-inflated the market for young english players has become though.

I can see Phil Jones being a good buy, still a risk because he is young but is he fulfils potential, he will be a United CB for 10+ years, so it's a decent fee.

Jordan Henderson is laughable though, I wouldn't even have him at Villa unless it was about £5 million.

So Phil Jones from Blackburn is off to Man Utd for about £16M..... and who do SSN interview about the imminent signing??

Yes you guessed it .................Harry Redknapp???! Who was of course interested in signing the lad like alot of other managers and

thinks what a great signing for Man Utd he'll be bla bla bla...

It get's worse!

jeez there's players I haven't even heard of moving for £15m+ these days. Phil Jones? Who? Seems like investing in youth academies is the thing to do for smaller clubs if promising youngsters with 1 season of premiership football under their belt can command those sort of fees.

You don't know who Phil Jones is ...?

Wasn't this his breakthrough season? It's not really worth learning the name of every young player that has a good season because a lot of them don't get close to filling their 'potential'.

Jones seems like a good player but 16mil for 1 solid season at blackburn is stupid

Looks like we're in for a crazy summer. Possibly the largest spent yet?

Fergie looks to have targetted several players

Dalglish is being backed heavily by the new board

Villa need a squad overhaul

Wenger tired of falling at the last hurdle all the time?

New Chelsea manager - who knows!

Harry Redknapp!

Sunderland have money to spend

And i'm sure the rest will chime in!

You don't know who Phil Jones is ...?

Wasn't this his breakthrough season? It's not really worth learning the name of every young player that has a good season because a lot of them don't get close to filling their 'potential'.

Jones seems like a good player but 16mil for 1 solid season at blackburn is stupid

Don't need to 'learn' anything ...just thought it was common football knowledge...

Wasn't this his breakthrough season?

He played before last season too. I think he worth the money. Out of him and Henderson (I know they play different positions), I think that he is much better value for money.