Jez

But...But...I wanted us to magically sign Coentrao :(

Same here. I even tried offering my soul to the devil in exchange, but all he would swing me was Ben Thatcher and some chewing gum.

17 year old Brazilian striker Lucas Piazón will move from São Paulo to Chelsea at the end of the season for £6.5m.

Lucas-Piazon.jpg

Apparently he's "the new Kaka". Apparently. :?

Is that because he has the same haircut?

:lol:

Coentrao wouldn't replace Robben or Ribery like for like. He might be able to play as a winger, but those 2 aren't even typical wingers. They're winger-cum-strikers (teehee).

Coentrao wouldn't replace Robben or Ribery like for like. He might be able to play as a winger, but those 2 aren't even typical wingers. They're winger-cum-strikers (teehee).

:?: Have to disagree there, they are the prime example of wingers in the game.

How so? Chalk on the boots and whipping in cross after cross after cross? They do most of their damage cutting inside like a wide striker. Everybody is doing it at the moment, even England!

How so? Chalk on the boots and whipping in cross after cross after cross? They do most of their damage cutting inside like a wide striker. Everybody is doing it at the moment, even England!

We've got an old school Marc Albrighton!

It is the usual at the moment though, mainly because managers these days prefer fit, quick, attacking full backs, the space needs to be created for them, so it makes sense for wingers to play opposite sides.

From what I've seen, Contreao, is your modern day full back.