Jez

ryan gauld has signed for sporting lisbon, fair play to him, better than sitting on a prem bench

The deal also includes a €60m buy-out clause.  Sporting hedging their bets I guess.  But good to see some youngsters try their hand abroad, good luck to him!

Sporting also have English defender Eric Dier too. Only 20 years old but he has a few games under his belt for them now and looks decent.

im sure dier was born here but has always played i portugal, his move to everton was on loan

ryan gauld has signed for sporting lisbon, fair play to him, better than sitting on a prem bench

The deal also includes a €60m buy-out clause.  Sporting hedging their bets I guess.  But good to see some youngsters try their hand abroad, good luck to him!

Sporting also have English defender Eric Dier too. Only 20 years old but he has a few games under his belt for them now and looks decent.

im sure dier was born here but has always played i portugal, his move to everton was on loan

A quick wiki says he moved their aged 10 when his mother was offered a job during Euro 2004.  Hopefully that means he was young enough to have all the English training methods coached out of him.

A quick wiki says he moved their aged 10 when his mother was offered a job during Euro 2004.  Hopefully that means he was young enough to have all the English training methods coached out of him.

Yeah he is English, his parents are both English also. He has represented England at U18, U20 and U21 levels, but still there is a chance he could play for Portugal at senior level and he speaks fluent Portuguese. 

Edited by samjp26

Put it in the takeover thread which wasn't the right place but Siem De Jong, any good?

It's actually a pretty crucial signing for Newcastle as he looks to me Cabaye's replacement and Newcastle's form plummeted big time when he was sold so they need De Jong to be of similar quality.

They haven't signed a Remy replacement yet either. Looking to me bottom half this season.

Put it in the takeover thread which wasn't the right place but Siem De Jong, any good?

It's actually a pretty crucial signing for Newcastle as he looks to me Cabaye's replacement and Newcastle's form plummeted big time when he was sold so they need De Jong to be of similar quality.

They haven't signed a Remy replacement yet either. Looking to me bottom half this season.

Never seen much of de Jong but he seems to be what they needed after selling cabaye. Assuming they don't sign remy they will desperately need a striker, wouldn't surprise me if they went back in for ba.

Barca have offered Liverpool £72m up front for Suarez (apparently)

Liverpool will probably want 80m... Can't see how that team will work... Messi neymar Suarez all like to be main man.. Barca should spend on the defence and midfield (now xavi and cesc have gone)

But the big two in Spain define themselves by their marquee signings.  It's bizarre, but that's kinda how they operate these days. 

Liverpool will probably want 80m... Can't see how that team will work... Messi neymar Suarez all like to be main man.. Barca should spend on the defence and midfield (now xavi and cesc have gone)

They bought Rakitic don't forget. But yeah, they still need a defender(s)

Edited by AVFCforever1991

different player than Cabaye though haven't seen De Jong in few years. when he used to play off the striker or up top in few games saw him at Ajax. He is a good player, a lot better than his brother

its OK they signed 2 goalkeepers who cost over 10 million each :D

They bought Rakitic don't forget. But yeah, they still need a defender(s)

Who needs defenders when you have a front 3 like that. Keegan would agree with me.

If Liverpool ask for too much they might get stuck with him.

• Like 1

i dont think they will, its not going to be as simple as barca are offering £55m and liverpool want £82m, it'll get to clauses and monthly payments and performance related payments etc, if liverpool are holding out for another £20m then barca will go back with a counter of £2m for this £2m for that

the neymar deal is obviously ridiculously convoluted (and thats without going in to the grey areas of it) will be interesting to see if barca try and do the same here, offering liverpool discounts on their youngsters, putting figures on liverpools youngsters offering them academy links, sponsorship links etc etc