Jez

Just about every player does it.

Where's that Gary Neville video when I need it.

I know which video you mean, and Neville pretty much hits the nail on the head in it.  Harsher rules on 'diving' opens up a whole can of worms regarding what is/isn't considered diving in innumerable potential circumstances.  However, for me you have to consider what happens after the incident.  If replays show that a player has gone down, clearly under no contact at all, and then claimed that the opposing player had made physical contact, they should retrospectively be severely punished.

Jonny Hogg joins Huddersfield

Moved on to make way for all those free Udinese players I expect.

suppose people will have another reason to moan at Watford now they got the players in permanently

Cardiff heavily linked with Caulker. He definitely needs first-team football and he is unlikely to get that at Tottenham next season, so a loan would make more sense... but the media are speculating it's an £8.5 million bid. Personally, I think he's a promising player and I'd be a bit miffed if he ended up there.

That would leave Spurs with only Vertonghen, Kaboul and Dawson?

Be strange to let him go, unless they are buying a new CB..

Vlad Chiriches is said to be joining, Steaua club president claimed the transfer is done

Still wouldn't like to see Caulker go though, he's been shaky at times but so were King and Kaboul at same age.

• Like 1

Vertonghen is currently injured. Kaboul and Dawson have been plagued by injuries their whole careers. Chiriches has obviously been bought as Caulker's replacement, and that seems a little bizarre. Why would you replace a 21 year old product of your academy, who has already been capped by England, with an unproven centre back?

EDIT: Although he does look fantastic in that youtube video :lol:

Edited by Cizzler

Could be AVB fine tuning the squad into his own image.
Like most of the best up coming managers these days, AVB like his central defenders to be quick and as confident on the ball as midfielders.

His football vision doesn't include the traditional english centre back who's there just to win in the air and boot the ball upwards.

AVB wanted to sell Michael Dawson last summer remember, and I'm sure he wouldn't totally be against a sale now neither even if Daws has somewhat won him over with his flawless attitude.

Caulker does seem to be on his way, BBC even mention a medical at Cardiff. Hear talk of a two years buy back clause which I'm very happy with.

Makes me a bit sad, but with a buy back clause I reckon there's very little risk involved. If he's good enough we can bring him back, and today he does need more game time than he'd get at Spurs.

Can imagine Swansea fans being gutted, they loved him there, won't be nice for them to see him at their rival

Edited by rosenthal

Latest reports from Bucharest suggest that the Chiriches deal has been cancelled as they are annoyed Spurs tried to rush through the deal?!

I think it would be silly to let Caulker go. If he does leave, and this Chiriches deal doesn't come off, Spurs will probably be starting Zeki Fryers at centre back on the opening day of the season :lol:

Agent that has dealt with Spurs failed to mention that their club owner would demand that Chiriches played the Champions League play off for them      <= is the word

Will be a month untill he can join if he have to play the play off for them, might scupper the deal

Good old Blackburn. They signed DJ Campbell 2 weeks ago, and apparently now he's transfer listed

Can't really blame Bannan for not wanting to be involved with that shower

Probably. I doubt Turnbull has moved from 4 years of retirement at Chelsea to now sit on the subs bench at Donny.

Caulker's a great signing for Cardiff, he played a decent number of games for Spurs last season. I don't see them in relegation danger at all this season.