The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Bingo (plus their were already several units occupying Germany in the immediate aftermath of WWII). The British military presence in Germany has been gradually reducing for a while now (Rheindahlen's due to close in a few years, though I think there was also a substantial US military presence based there too). I was at RAF Laarbruch, which is now a commercial airport.

So Hertha continue being shit...losing at home (1-2) to Schalke nul vier.

Bayen München are helped along by Mario Gomez's, so far, excellent season. Winning 1-2 away to Stuttgart.

Mönchengladbach lose away to the league's bottom placed team. I repeat to the bottom placed team. A single goal to nil makes Mönchengladbach drop a place into fourth.

In 2. Bundesliga.

The might Union Berlin are continuing to show Holland how to play by beating HSV Frankfurt 4-0.

Results here.

erm...Mönchengladbach lost to the bottom placed team.

So, this Thursday I will be flying off to Munchen for a bit of R&R, (beers and boobies), and will also be going to the Allianz on Friday night to see Bayern v Koln.

Not a fan of either, the mighty TUS Koblenz are my team as the Mrs hails from Koblenz. Im looking forward to checking out the atmosphere in the stadium, and the stadium itself looks mmighty impressive! (Not a patch on the pantheon that TUS play in of course!).

Will give a report on my findings upon my return...

so you dont think FM has overrated him then?

I don't know how FM have rated him (don't/can't play it myself) but if they've made him the virtual equivalent of Manuel Neuer mk 2 than that's pretty accurate. The Germans are churning out a factory line of good young 'keepers at the moment; Trapp, Baumann, Zieler and Leno all look the real deal.

Not a fan of either, the mighty TUS Koblenz are my team as the Mrs hails from Koblenz. Im looking forward to checking out the atmosphere in the stadium, and the stadium itself looks mmighty impressive! (Not a patch on the pantheon that TUS play in of course!).

Poor sods are having a torrid time at the moment, think they've only won once all season. Lovely town though.

so you dont think FM has overrated him then?

I don't know how FM have rated him (don't/can't play it myself) but if they've made him the virtual equivalent of Manuel Neuer mk 2 than that's pretty accurate. The Germans are churning out a factory line of good young 'keepers at the moment; Trapp, Baumann, Zieler and Leno all look the real deal.

Poor sods are having a torrid time at the moment, think they've only won once all season. Lovely town though.

Lovely town indeed matey. Will be spending Christmas there this year with the inlaws, (theres a lovely little brewery, make a delicious lager, "Konigsbacher"!).

But yeah, the team are truly dire. Highlight of their existence I think is the marquee signing of the "Kuqi Diver", (Stefan Kuqi), last year. He didnt last long. They also had Zoltan Steiber from Villa if memory serves?!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â