The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Man United Boss to Make Move for German Teenager if Pursuit of Wesley Sneijder Fails

Sir Alex Ferguson is once again showing interest in Borussia Dortmund playmaker Mario Gotze and is ready to make an offer for the youngster if he fails to secure Inter Milan star Wesley Sneijder this summer.

The Old Trafford boss is very much planning for the future and has expressed an interest in the teenage German international in the past and may try to tempt Gotze into making a move to the Premier League champions. Though the 19 year old helped his side to a Bundesliga triumph he may have been dismayed at the departure of hugely influtential midfielder Nuri Sahin to Real Madrid in May.

Man United are very much going through a period of transition having lost veterans Paul Scholes, Edwin van der Sar and Gary Neville in recent months and Ferguson has been looking for long term replacements to those who have retired and indeed those who may do so in the coming season or two.

With that in mind Ferguson signed David de Gea and Phil Jones and last summer brought in Javier Hernandez and Chris Smalling, all these youngsters would then mould with those coming through the ranks, players like Tom Cleverley and Daniel Welbeck will expect more first team action having served their time out on loan.

Gotze is a creative midfielder who is considered one of the hottest young prospects in Europe, a player who has been linked with many of Europe’s elite and Sir Alex will want to beat the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid to the punch.

In his first full season in the Dortmund first team Gotze was a virtual ever present, notching eight goals and 11 assists from midfield and becoming a regular in the senior German national team set-up.

Both Götze and Kagawa have been linked with United fairly frequently over the last few months. Shinji apparently spoke of his interest in joining them when speaking with Japanese journalists, but has more recently dismissed his interest in a move away and should be signing a new contract.

Götze has spoken of having no interest in leaving us despite being linked to United and Barcelona, and Michael Zorc, the sporting director, said that a offer in the region of €15m (various media have suggested United may bid around £10m) would not even be considered.

Hello ..

:cry: No, that bastard is just gloating that his side (Munchingladbach) are PLAYING my (and your) Kaiserslautern in the coming weeks. :rant: :rant:

Hahaha .. I actually like Gladbach .. But ofcourse my team is Kaiserslautern .. 8)

When is the game ? as I remember I think our first game is with Bremen .. is it ?

Especially to watch two crappy teams like that! th_new_troll_face.gif

Pfft, fernseh fan! :P

Touché!

Would love to go and watch Dortmund this season, but don't think I'll be able to. Short on cash while I'm still studying, although I'm hoping to be able to watch a Barça game this year. Then on to the Westfalenstadion in 2012, hopefully!

Tee-hee...

transfermarkt.de"]No Future for Bradley at Borussia

U.S. national soccer player Michael Bradley has no future at Borussia Mönchengladbach. Bradley, who still has a contract until 30th June 2012 was intending to seek a new club. "He wants out and it is not an issue anymore." coach Lucien Favre said on Friday. Bradley had left the club in the winter and was hoping to be awarded a permanent move back to the English Premier League club Aston Villa.

The transfer was then quashed, so the American returned to Borussia in the summer. Sports Director Max Eberl made it clear a return to the team will not happen for Bradley. "He absolutely wanted to leave us in a precarious situation. He cannot now act as if nothing has happened." said Eberl.

The Bradley family really aren't having a good time of it at the moment. :lol:

Watched the game this morning, don't know if they're as good as last season or Hamburg are just shit. There were players such as Tore who were just dreadful for them.

One thing for sure though is that Kagawa is back 8) Excellent performance from him and Gotze and even Lewandowski had a good game :shock:

I was so hoping that Kagawa shot would go in after his brilliant improvisation to control the ball.

I was so hoping that Kagawa shot would go in after his brilliant improvisation to control the ball

was only part i saw and was brilliant i was already getting it for the goal of season thread :(. The scout that found him should have got a massive payrise. He was a gem

Â