Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

Tactical Insertions are disabled on FFA modes. Boosting is going to be very difficult to do. I've caught a few people doing it on Domination, but then you can see where all your team is, so if someone's sitting in a far corner of the map on their own, you just go and have a look and report them. You also can cancel your tac insert during the kill came, so if someone sees you plant it, kills you, then waits to kill again when you respawn, they can't.

No Join Session In Progress for Wager Matches. :thumb:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should just bring back the Cage Match and be done with it. I dont mind people boosting for camos and the like, if you want to spend your time playing the game doing headshots on your mate rather than you know, actually playing the game then go for it. In a Cage Match at least boosters dont **** it up for everybody else by dropping Pave Lows and AC-130s into the game.

I agree to an extent, but it's more the principle on the part of Treyarch. They don't want to accept boosting as part of the game, and they shouldn't have to. I saw a great video on YouTube about tac inserts/boosting, he was talking about how on the regular FFA modes, they've put the Join Session In Progress back into the game, almost to encourage boosters and the noises from Treyarch suggest they're trying to really stamp it out. Theatre mode is a great addition where nobody can hide what they're doing. I'd rather play FFA and get boosters banned from Black Ops than know they're ruining the game, even if it is in a Cage Match against a friend.

Boosting = ban from Black Ops, modding = ban from XBOX Live. I'd also hope there would be a punishment, possibly a ban from Black Ops, if people repeatedly accuse others of boosting/modding, when they clearly aren't.

• 3 weeks later...
There really really doesnt seem to be the buzz about this game as there was with MW2! Is this a sign of what to expect?

Any news on Zombies? Confirmed?

I'm pretty excited about the game but just know I'm going to barley get to play it (maybe the same scenario as you) which I'm a bit gutted about.

There really really doesnt seem to be the buzz about this game as there was with MW2! Is this a sign of what to expect?

Any news on Zombies? Confirmed?

Give it a month...

The lack of hype is for a few reasons:

It's Treyarch, besides zombies almost everybody went back over to CoD4 within 3 month of that games release.

Modern Warfare 2 dissapointed a lot of people, and I can't see Black Ops release date sales being anything like MW2's because MW2 has probably put a lot of people off the CoD series. (I'm not expecting it to flop, just not go record breakingly stupid like MW2)

The style of game its self is probably losing its appeal too, I might be wrong on this but I think a lot of people are growing tired of the whole series.

It's pre-orders were outpacing MW2 so it's bound to sell a shit load. I just hope it's new zombies rather than just the upgraded WaW maps.

I can see them recycling old maps in DLC. Zombies maps will sell like hotcakes. They will be selling them for 1200 points with a "free" classic map no doubt. The stuff on the disc will be new, most of the DLC will be new, but it will be padded out with the old maps to make a higher price seem like a better value proposition.

Normal edition: Just the game like any other game

Hardened: Steelbook case, Avatar goodies, some co-op maps, and a medal.

Prestige: As the above but with a little RC car that has a camera and mic that transmit back to the radio control unit.

...the latter 2 charging you a considerable premium.

It'll be Cold War era weapons. A lot will be recognisable from Modern Warfare 2.

In fact, heres the full list of whats currently believed to be available in game.

Assault Rifles

* M16

* Enfield

* M14

* FAMAS

* Galil

* AUG

* FAL

* AK-47

* Commando

* G11

Submachine Guns

* MP5K

* MAC-11

* AK-74u

* Skorpion

* Uzi

* Spectre M4

* MPL

* PM-63

* OTs-02 Kiparis

Light Machine Guns

* RPK

* M60

* HK21

* Stoner 63

Sniper Rifles

* L96A1

* Dragunov

* WA2000

Shotguns

* SPAS

* KS-23

* Stakeout

* HS-10

* Olympia

Pistols

* M1911

* Python

* Makarov

* ASP

* CZ75

Launchers

* RPG-7

* China Lake

* M72 LAW

Other

* Crossbow

* Ballistic Knife

link

Most modern weapons are from Cold War development so not surprising that a lot of the weapons are ones you'd recognise from COD4 or MW2.

The Assault Rifle designated the Commando appears to just be an M4 so no entirely sure why it's got a different name.

I'm surprised they didn't put in a gimmick like one of the coolest Cold War weapons, the APS Amphibious Assault Rifle, a gun specifically designed to be fired underwater.

Â