Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

Only 5 prestige levels? Seems strange to bring the rank all the way down to 50, then half the amount of times you can prestige too. Oh well, maybe this'll mean I'll be able to reach the last rank of the last prestige for the first time.

Wager mode sounds great. :D

Red Dead has the same ranking system and the gap between the higher levels is unreal, it'd still take a while to get to level 50 I imagine.

If there is no benefit to prestiging, at all, I'm not even going to bother.

I'm not interested in an 'elite' playlist full of 13 year olds who take the game far too seriously.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 5 prestige levels? Seems strange to bring the rank all the way down to 50, then half the amount of times you can prestige too. Oh well, maybe this'll mean I'll be able to reach the last rank of the last prestige for the first time.

Wager mode sounds great. :D

Red Dead has the same ranking system and the gap between the higher levels is unreal, it'd still take a while to get to level 50 I imagine.

If there is no benefit to prestiging, at all, I'm not even going to bother.

I'm not interested in an 'elite' playlist full of 13 year olds who take the game far too seriously.

Ah, I hadn't thought about making gaps between each rank bigger, you're probably right.

The 'tactical mask' could be a great perk to use IF it means flashbangs have no effect.

Some people throw flashbangs/stuns in to a room to see if anybody is there, hopefully tac mask would stop the hitmarker.

No hitmarker would be nice, it would make it quite a decent perk. If it just made you get flashed for a lesser time (which is what it seems like), it won't really be all that worthwhile.

Bet you're going to get loads of people using that ballistic knife in the same way people currently use tactical knight, marathon, lightweight and commando :x

What do you mean? Ive never even used the tactical knife, where do you find it?

In MW2 the Tactical Knife speeds up your melee greatly. It's a knife you hold in your off hand when you have a pistol equipped. There is one unlocked by default in the "First Recon" pre made class and really, because of the gun you get (UMP .45) and the pistol you get (Magnum, best in the game by a mile) you dont need to waste a custom class on a knifing kit. Unless you really need to have commando of course.

In MW2? The tactical knife is an attachment for you gun, much like a red dot sight or a silencer. A throwing knife is a piece of equipment like a grenade or a claymore. You need to unlock both.

You need 100 kills with a handgun to unlock the tactical knife. However, you can just choose the default "First Recon" kit and use the tactical knife there. You just run around like a nutter and stab people when you get in range. The perks on the "First Recon" kit are Marathon, Lightweight and Ninja. When you unlock Ninja pro (which you will do very quickly using this kit) then it really is all you need for playing Mr Stabby. Some people prefer Commando for the extended melee range but you will find having no audible footsteps from Ninja pro is more consistently useful.

The throwing knife gets unlocked at level 7. Just go to your equipment to equip it.

I think it varies by pistol, you cant get extended mags on the Magnum (it's a revolver) and you cant put a silencer on it either so the numbers are different. I maintain that the Magnum is the best handgun by a mile though. The USP and M9 are outclassed by the Raffica.

I think it varies by pistol, you cant get extended mags on the Magnum (it's a revolver) and you cant put a silencer on it either so the numbers are different. I maintain that the Magnum is the best handgun by a mile though. The USP and M9 are outclassed by the Raffica.

Ah, I hadn't thought about that. Never really used the Magnum before (because it can't be silenced), but I agree with your last point.

Just 2 months until Black Ops! I really don't want it to disappoint.

Â