Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Excellent day so far, very disciplined this morning and punished Australia not even trying, was always a risk as soon as they lost a wicket or two. Carey tosses a freebie wicket to Root, got to think We could end up with a lead of 40 or 50 even now

• Like 2

Agreed on Bairstow though. Don't think anyone has cost us as much as he has this series. Could be the  key reason for 3 defeats at this rate 

During the last test Bairstow inferred in an interview that his dropped catches earlier in the series were to do with the seriousness of his golf course accident and being out of practice. He also mentioned the pins and bolts in him. But in that case maybe he shouldn't have made himself available for the series?

And of course maybe the selectors shouldn't have selected him or maybe they shouldn't have continued with him after the first match.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robby b said:

During the last test Bairstow inferred in an interview that his dropped catches earlier in the series were to do with the seriousness of his golf course accident and being out of practice. He also mentioned the pins and bolts in him. But in that case maybe he shouldn't have made himself available for the series?

And of course maybe the selectors shouldn't have selected him or maybe they shouldn't have continued with him after the first match.

His ego wouldn’t let him say he wasn’t up for it … a bit of confidence can be a good thing in a sportsman but he’d barely played a match at WK since his comeback and he admitted himself in that interview he’s not really fit and sharp 

the blame is 100% with the selectors and Stokes though 

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the blame is 100% with the selectors and Stokes though 

Well maybe 75% with them... I don't know. I guess they probably should have known that he may well not be fit enough or sharp enough. I suppose they've taken too much risk in playing him as WK first in the first match... but then also in all the following matches! :s They could have given him a chance in the first match just as a batter and put Foakes as WK instead (and kept Foakes there as keeper for the whole series).

Edited by robby b

1 minute ago, robby b said:

Six from Murphy. Great, just great, we're not going to have any lead at all here, are we? 😑

Not while we are on THIS page

👻👻👻👻

England giving tailenders what they want instead of bowling straight. I wish others bowled at our tailenders like we do

• Like 1

Â