Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Is it worth rooting my S3? What are the benefits if I do? The main reason I ask is that I am sick of using Kies to backup my phone so was interested in using Titanium but it seems you need to have your phone rooted. I was wondering if I do it what other benefits will I get.

My friend is on Orange and his contract is up next week. He wants to stay with them but is getting the Nexus 4. I checked their site and there doesn't seem to be any 1gig data plans on sim only.

Anyone got experience with Orange? Am I missing something?

I'd rather pretend to have my own phone network than use Orange. Once a great network, then I am led to believe they sold off a lot of their transmitters to Three at the time they merged with T-Mobile.

I was an Orange customer for over 11 years, but the last 12 months was sheer pain.

I'd rather pretend to have my own phone network than use Orange. Once a great network, then I am led to believe they sold off a lot of their transmitters to Three at the time they merged with T-Mobile.

They were indeed a great network. The part about selling off towers doesn't have much truth though. T-Mobile sold their towers many years ago and leased them back. If any towers were decommissioned after the merger, they would have been ones originally owned by T-mobile, not Orange. Obviously there may have been individual towers, especially co-lo's, where it was more appropriate to decommission Orange due to a lease tie in.

I was an Orange customer for over 11 years, but the last 12 months was sheer pain.

My account number with Orange only has 4 digits in it and dates to 1994. I still have an OVP virgin SIM on the account with a zero line rental. I left them the second time they lied to me.

Is it worth rooting my S3? What are the benefits if I do? The main reason I ask is that I am sick of using Kies to backup my phone so was interested in using Titanium but it seems you need to have your phone rooted. I was wondering if I do it what other benefits will I get.

For the normal user, not a lot more plus samsung can use it as an excuse not to repair your phone. I haven't bothered rooting the wife's s3 anyway.

Does google now only update premier league games? I had it on last night but dd not receive any updates for the game.

I think it's a rolling improvement service so it's launched with premier league only then will increase coverage.

Enjoying Google Now already.

It's only my second day at work since having it and it's already clocked the journey and guessed where "home" is.

Only question is is there not a widget for it on the S3?

Be sure to go to the Play Store and update Google Search. You'll get all the cool new Google Now features.

It's great that Gooe are decoupling their Apps from their OS updates. Now anyone on JellyBean or higher will always have latest Google Now features. Will be able to update Gmail independently etc...

Google tells me I've walked 45 miles in October. Well since I started using my Galaxy Nexus that is.

By the way the Google search app brings you to Google Now, wither the app icon or the persistent Gooe search widget bar.

Yeah I have the google search bar on my homescreen and tapping that takes me to Google Now.

As I said, easy enough to get to, was just curious as I'd assumed they'd have a widget for it.

Be sure to go to the Play Store and update Google Search. You'll get all the cool new Google Now features.

It's great that Gooe are decoupling their Apps from their OS updates. Now anyone on JellyBean or higher will always have latest Google Now features. Will be able to update Gmail independently etc...

Google tells me I've walked 45 miles in October. Well since I started using my Galaxy Nexus that is.

By the way the Google search app brings you to Google Now, wither the app icon or the persistent Gooe search widget bar.

I've had my phone 2 weeks..... in October I walked 2 miles apparently.

That is shockingly awful. :(

Â