Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Mrs The_Rev has no complaints.  The shutter speed is definitely slow, but 4.4.1 has reportedly fixed that though her phone hasn't had the update yet.  A slow shutter speed isn't a huge problem for a lot of people in the first place, we have young kids and she mostly uses the camera to get pictures of them. My two year old son has an average speed of 938mph so he is often a blur in pictures (especially in low light) but outside of that use case I think it is pretty good. 

I've just had 4.4.2. Not sure of the changes but it should be rolling out to everyone tonight irrespective of if they've got 4.4.1 yet or not.

• Like 1

The battery is the biggie for me, I use it for browsing the web mostly when at work, I don't want a ran down battery from it. Has anyone had the S3 and Nexus 5? How do their batteries compare?

Have had N5 for a week and so far it craps all over the S3.

I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case. Battery on the S3 isn't great

It really does.

I'm not a fan of white tech usually, but it works on that, and as someone who'll be purchasing a Nexus 5 in the new year, I'm tempted by a white one of those too.

Everyone always likes my white one.

I'm trying to update but it keeps saying I'm up to date. It saying I'm just on 4.4?

Am I doing something wrong?

Does the old trick of clearing the google framework cache still work? Anyone?

I'm trying to update but it keeps saying I'm up to date. It saying I'm just on 4.4?

Am I doing something wrong?

Does the old trick of clearing the google framework cache still work? Anyone?

Don't do this. It can cause corruption so that you have to unlink your google account and link it again.

I'm still on 4.4 on n4, n5 and n7. Google will update me when they are ready.

• Like 1

Â