Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I think my S3 is dying

The battery only charged to 50% in 7 hours overnight, and in the space of half an hour it's gone from 34% to 22% without me even touching the phone. Even me typing this message has used up 4%.

Think I'll stay away from Samsung in the future if this is the case, not to mention the phone is weak with how easily my screen cracked. 7 months left on my contract :(

I think my S3 is dying

The battery only charged to 50% in 7 hours overnight, and in the space of half an hour it's gone from 34% to 22% without me even touching the phone. Even me typing this message has used up 4%.

Think I'll stay away from Samsung in the future if this is the case, not to mention the phone is weak with how easily my screen cracked. 7 months left on my contract :(

My brother in law and I both had issues. Both fobbed off with the same excuse.

My N4? No issues at all. Makes me very excite for N5. :)

Edited by dodgyknees

I think my S3 is dying

Don't S3's come with a 2 year warranty? I'm sure mine has.

Can't decide whether to go for an N5 now or wait.

I reckon my S3 is worth around £200 and plummeting, is the N5 £100 better?

How much is it to replace battery? Im pretty sure it's not the charger as I'm having the problems whilst it's not on charge

Double the preformace :) 9 quid

And do a full factory reset as well in case there some rouge app stirring shit up. Don't forget to backup

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

Mine:

Date Time Location Tracking Event

02-11-2013 02:29 Coventry Depot Received at delivery depot

01-11-2013 13:45 London North West Depot Collected from customer

Edited by darrenm

I'm due an upgrade and the Nexus 5 is currently winning as my next phone. I went into Carphone Warhouse yesterday to have a play, and the videos on YouTube seemed to stutter/be choppy when playing. After doing a bit of research, it seems like quite a few people are suffering similar issues on a variety of Android phones. It definitely wasn't the connection as it was happening at the start when 2/3 of the video had been downloaded.

This would be my first Android phone so I'm just wondering if you guys have experienced this?

Yeah I've had that when its an embedded video on a site like VT or eurogamer, watching it in YouTube itself seems to resolve it. 

This was happening in the YouTube app. Do you watch videos through the app, or the web browser?

Yeah I've had that when its an embedded video on a site like VT or eurogamer, watching it in YouTube itself seems to resolve it.

This was happening in the YouTube app. Do you watch videos through the app, or the web browser?

It would be connection related. Ignore what it says about how much it has buffered. Either the WiFi connection or bandwidth/connection quality was poor.

Also ignore for the most part what you find on the web for who has had what problem. Everyone has different issues due to varying environmental factors or faults or apps installed etc.

Would it really be likely that Google would allow a major part of their platform in YouTube to not work correctly on another major part of their platform in Android? It would piss all the employees off enough to fix it themselves for a start.

Â