Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Being dumb here... I want to give my sister my EE contract phone, she can just put a paygo sim in right? (she is also EE).

Yes, but if your contract is up, ask Orange for the unlock code anyway.

Having issues with the WiFi on my nexus 5. Won't reconnect to networks and have to toggle airplane mode on and off to get it working again.

No probs here and haven't heard of any trouble so must be a local issue either with an app you've installed, your WiFi APs you connect to, or some corrupted data on your phone which requires a factory reset.

Wondering when the n4 will get 4.4? Next few weeks? hopefully it will breath a bit of life into the n4. Ive already nabbed a few 4.4 wallpapers in the pretence of owning an n5, I just can't wait to get rid of those pesky black bars now.

Just got my nexus 5 after only knowing iphones. What the hell have I been doing with my life? I love it! The widgets are brilliant, why have apple never offered that?

Stop talking shit. We all know Apple will invent widgets when they release iOS8 in 2014. 

Speaking of the Nexus 5, I've just rooted Mrs The_Rev's so I can change the host's file and found it to be incredibly easy.  Here is a guide if you are interested. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 2

Just got my nexus 5 after only knowing iphones. What the hell have I been doing with my life? I love it! The widgets are brilliant, why have apple never offered that?

I've always liked you, BJ

Haha I could tell

Anyone else find the volume quite low on their nexus? Watching some clips on full volume and its still quite quiet.

Haha I could tell

Anyone else find the volume quite low on their nexus? Watching some clips on full volume and its still quite quiet.

Sure you're not covering the speaker with your hand? There's some software issue apparently they they're about to push for speaker issues. Can't say I've noticed a problem myself.

What iPhone did you have?

I've had the 4s.

A quick question about android, do I have to worry about getting a virus on my phone? Was thinking of downloading torrents on it but not sure if that's a good idea.

quick answer. No.

Long answer. Not really.

What iPhone did you have?

I've had the 4s.

A quick question about android, do I have to worry about getting a virus on my phone? Was thinking of downloading torrents on it but not sure if that's a good idea.

quick answer. No.

Long answer. Not really.

That's good. Saw a few security style apps in the Google play store so wondered if it's an issue with android.

Â