What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I am churned up about all of this to be honest.

On one hand, I can't really blame the guy if he wants to go to a club that obviously has more money and more intention of making the Champions League dream come true. The reality is that they have more chance of success that Villa, in the near future. The money will be bigger too, whether or not he plays regularly is another matter!

On the other hand, I really liked Milner. I thought he had a bit of a slow first season but last season he looked the part for us. You can tell what the club think of him from the way The General talks about him. I thought he was the kind of player that would be faithful to us for giving him a real decent chance of playing at a higher level and more regularly. I mean, what was his senior England career looking like before he signed for us?

To sum it all up; I have never booed or hated a Villa player that has returned after leaving us. But, with the way I feel right now, I can see me making an exception when Milner returns to Villa Park. I applauded Gareth Barry last season, because he can say that he gave us over 10 years loyal service, playing in many positions for the good of the club, and after lots of false dawns decided it time to try his luck somewhere else. Remember that this guy had never been involved in a transfer and was deserving of at least one decent financial move, when you consider that he is nearing the end of his best playing days.

I can't say the same about Milner. He has given us a couple of seasons, of which one of them was average. The first sign of the ££££ signs being flashed in front of him and he wants away. To me, there is not an ounce of loyalty being shown there and I find that unforgiveable.

I agree but its sad that there is no loyalty anymore, however you have to look at it like we will make a lot of money by selling him to strengthen other areas. If he wants to go elswhere after what we have done for him and his career then **** im. That said and done he will be really hard to replace and does not bode well for other players.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he goes, he goes. He's a very good player for us but he isn't the be all and end all - we'd get a lot of money for him and MON is more than qualified enough to replace him. I'd be very sad about it but that's life unfortunately.

Agreed. He's full of running and energy, but we need a bit more quality. A big wad of cash to buy a new striker and Stephen Ireland in part ex and we'll be in good shape.

This is going to keep happening every summer until we have rich enough owners to compete. I don't like it, but thats the way it is. I guess we will have to just get used to it.

This. Just making up the numbers now..

Football in the 21st Century is a load of f$%^ :(

Interesting to see where he will fit in with

Yaya Toure

Ireland

Barry

De Jong

Viera

Wright-Phillips

Silva

Adam Johnson

Kompany

I hope they have nice comfy bucket seats....

It won't last forever, its unsustainable.

You can guarantee that as soon as Man City start stepping on the toes of the really big boys, action will be taken.

Football was described as a game all about money in the 70s, and it has been ever since. Thats not to say that Man city arent a pain in the arse, but football will go on, City will only ever be 11 men on a football pitch. Sod them, Sod James Milner.

MON must be getting pissed off with all this now. As soon as he targets someone who he thinks he can build a team around, they decide to up camp and say they are leaving.

Unfortunatly football is losing alot of its romance now... Sad.

I'm a bit sick about this, but i'm pretty confident that hopefully we'll get a good chunk of money and reinvest it into at least two QUALITY players. At least Ireland and 15 mill plus fringe player sales and we should be ok. I just hope MOn makes the right move in the market, I want the club to come out strong with this and show some real intent, as a big **** you to Barry, Milner, and City!

MON needs to get rid of him.. I'd speak to man city before he even got back and tell them £10m plus bellemy and Ireland.

the 2 positions Milner had made his name in the last 2 years are covered by 2 better and more experience players, plus with extra intensity in the

midfield which in eyes has looked a little light weight since Nigel fell out of favour!!

then with a starting 11 of friedel, cuellar, Dunne, Collins, warnock, petrov, reo-coker, young, Ireland, bellemy and gabby up front on his own!! sorted!!

Yaya Toure

Ireland

Barry

De Jong

Viera

Wright-Phillips

Silva

Adam Johnson

Kompany

Boateng

Robinho

Bellamy

Donovan?

Milner?

Arteta?

Chuckle.

Yaya Toure

Ireland

Barry

De Jong

Viera

Wright-Phillips

Silva

Adam Johnson

Kompany

considering how much money theyve spent, that midfield is not that great

The one footballer I actually admired as a human being. **** you Milner.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter. I always thought that if.... IF.... there was a decent man left in football, then it would be James Milner. However it turns out there isnt.

Edit: Just without the **** you bit, ive already had an ear bashing for abrupt posting.