• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a crying shame that Delph has been injured.

Had that not been the case, we could go straight off with a 451, Delph and Stan Holding and Ireland in a more advanced role. I Wonder if Milner's sold then whether or not Oneill will go with this, with NRC deputising for Delph.

I'm almost certainly having a severe 'blonde' moment but who the feck is DJ? (as in "Ash, Gabby and DJ")

Downing

It all makes sense now.....

Its his stage name, he is a DJ in his spare time

I'm almost certainly having a severe 'blonde' moment but who the feck is DJ? (as in "Ash, Gabby and DJ")

Downing

It all makes sense now.....

Its his stage name, he is a DJ in his spare time

I've heard he's a footballer in his spare time......

Not to mention the countless others.

Trying not to stray into Off topic here, but i think it could be equally a case of them buying their rivals' best players as it is a case of them trying to improve their team. I dont see as Milner adds anything to their starting 11. That said, they dont really have a box to box midfielder of Milners standard.

Milner would be a left winger first (we play opposite wingers) and a box to boxer second.

Our box to box midfielders:

Michael Johnson - Permanently injured, unfortunately

Gareth Barry - it's where we used him under Mancini

Stephen Ireland - He's going

So really, we have a guy who has been injured for 3 years, a guy who's going and GazBaz.

Left Wingers at City:

Craig Bellamy - His legs are going, and admits he probably can't handle many games next season

SWP - Possibly going as his contract is running out and he's asking for stupid money.

Milner would provide cover for both positions, and with a 38 game season, and hopefully three long cup runs, there are plenty of games to be played.

Horses for course. He's stronger than Johnson for those games when we need it on the wing. Chelsea at home springs to mind. Perhaps Milner is a direct replacement for SWP?

This is all a bit academic at the moment anyway, as Milner isn't yet a City player, and even we aren't stupid enough to sell before we buy.

Milner would be a left winger first (we play opposite wingers) and a box to boxer second.

Our box to box midfielders:

Michael Johnson - Permanently injured, unfortunately

Gareth Barry - it's where we used him under Mancini

Stephen Ireland - He's going

So really, we have a guy who has been injured for 3 years, a guy who's going and GazBaz.

Left Wingers at City:

Craig Bellamy - His legs are going, and admits he probably can't handle many games next season

SWP - Possibly going as his contract is running out and he's asking for stupid money.

Milner would provide cover for both positions, and with a 38 game season, and hopefully three long cup runs, there are plenty of games to be played.

If ye spend 20 odd million on Milner and play him as a winger you'll have just wasted a shit load of money. He might be worth 20 million at a push as a central midfielder but not as a winger.

Oh and Milner is 2 footed.

Horses for course. He's stronger than Johnson for those games when we need it on the wing. Chelsea at home springs to mind. Perhaps Milner is a direct replacement for SWP?

This is all a bit academic at the moment anyway, as Milner isn't yet a City player, and even we aren't stupid enough to sell before we buy.

Spoke with yours yesterday seems Lescott is going to be your left back and some Benfica centre back is lined up .

Spoke with yours yesterday seems Lescott is going to be your left back and some Benfica centre back is lined up .

Yeah, David Luiz.

I'd be shocked if Lescott played left back for us first choice, simply because he's shit there. Mind you, if Bridge goes down, we do have Luiz, Lescott and Barry who can all play there, as well as Jerome Boateng, so it isn't a major concern.

Anything about Milner from the Villa end yet? Our end seems to think it's a done deal with the club, and the lad will sign for 5 years?

Yeah, David Luiz.

I'd be shocked if Lescott played left back for us first choice, simply because he's shit there. Mind you, if Bridge goes down, we do have Luiz, Lescott and Barry who can all play there, as well as Jerome Boateng, so it isn't a major concern.

Anything about Milner from the Villa end yet? Our end seems to think it's a done deal with the club, and the lad will sign for 5 years?

Lescott's not crap there, I think he's a better LB than CB

Yeah, David Luiz.

Lescott's not crap there, I think he's a better LB than CB

Yeah, did well for Everton there. Hasn't shown his true form for City, yet.