• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no deal agreed and there has been no second bit from City to date .

That's the post I wanted to see. Starting to worry now though TBH. Every season we look to get a set back to our progression :cry: We'll finish 6th forever if we sell our best player each season!

to be honest if we aren't offering Milner £80k a week ourselves then there's something wrong.

I think we need to sell the shite first before selling our best players. Release a few people and reduce the wage bill then see where we are after the world cup.

I don't see the urgency to cash in on Milner when we have 4-5 players we need to sell and get rid of first.

we may only get £12-£15m for those 4-5 players but the wage bill comes down pretty quick as well, which is probably the more important thing here.

If we got £20m plus Stephen Ireland, bought this Mbark chap and a top class striker, I think we'd be in a much better position. I honestly don't think that Milner is that good that we can afford to turn down that sort of money. If we can get a younger Petrov style player in as well, I think we'll be sorted for years to come.

I don't see the urgency to cash in on Milner when we have 4-5 players we need to sell and get rid of first.

Its £28m (rumoured), after this summer his value will only decrease as his contract will run down. If his head is turned flog him to the highest bidder.

Im actually accepting of him leaving for the right price.

IMO he isnt worth £18m let alone £28m. He is no better than Stephen Ireland.

He is no better than Stephen Ireland.

He is miles better than Ireland.

Has more strings to his bow.

All Ireland can do is play through balls and shoot.

Millner can do that as well as lots of other things.

He is no better than Stephen Ireland.

He is miles better than Ireland.

Has more strings to his bow.

All Ireland can do is play through balls and shoot.

Millner can do that as well as lots of other things.

What are the lots of other things he can do?

All he can do is play through balls and shoot you say? What else do you want a creative midfielder to do Jez? :?

I personally believe that Jimmy is only motivated by personal achievement and professional progression. As such, if Chelsea or any Champions League side come in for him, assuming he wont be on the bread line with them, in my view he will choose them over Citeh. I am already comfortable with him moving on from Villa. It's just which jersey to imagine him in that I haven't decided on. If he does go to Citeh then I can only imagine Chelsea were not a serious bidder. And before someone throws a stupid and ill-conceived comparison to Barry into the equation, their situations are so very different.

BOF, do you also believe in the tooth fairy? :lol:

We talk about the man as if he is not human and does not also want financial gain, especially given the fact that City will undoubtedley be one of the top teams in the near future. Some people on here talk about Milner as if he is some footballing Ghandi. :shock:

If Milner, was offered £70k a week to go to Chelsea and £80k to go to Man City, i think he'd go to Chelsea too. Money's obviously a motivating factor in where he'd go but i doubt Man City would offer THAT much more than Chelsea and Chelsea are already in the CL and nailed on to challenge for the CL and League again next season.

The only reason i can see Milner taking Man City over Chelsea, is him having a better chance of regular 1st team football at Man City.

I actually think out of the big guns in the PL, he'd be more suited at Man Utd, but i doubt he's going there :)

If we got £20m plus Stephen Ireland, bought this Mbark chap and a top class striker, I think we'd be in a much better position. I honestly don't think that Milner is that good that we can afford to turn down that sort of money. If we can get a younger Petrov style player in as well, I think we'll be sorted for years to come.

I think I kinda agree, like the fact that this Mbark guy can play anywhere across the midfield, so could be an sttacking mid and also fill in on the wings with skill. If we do that, and as you say get a younger, better Petrov style player (preferably one who passes forward more than backwards) and a striker we'd be better for it.

Would much rather we kept him AND signed these blokes though. We could sell the dead wood to lower the wage bill and take advantage of some of the top noth free agents around.

Whether we keep Milner or not. I'd love us to try and Arsenal-esque set-up.

Buy a strong, tall, defensive midfielder and have two attacking centre midfielders in front of him..

-------------------- Gabby --------------------

Young ------------------------------- Downing

---------- Boussoufa ----- Milner -------------

-------------------- Big DM --------------------

With the option to bring Delph into the position of Milner/ Boussoufa throughout the season. And then there's always the option of switching to a 4-4-2 for the ever-needed "Plan B"

And then there's always the option of switching to a 4-4-2 for the ever-needed "Plan B"

cos we always wait too long

waitin' for a sub just to come on

yeah we always wait too long

the subs are singing Mon mon mon, m-m-m-mon mon mon

Each day, i type 'James Milner' into Google, and each day more and more worrying transfer news pops up about him. Lately it has been about us facing up to the fact that he is already going.

I know many people say £30million is too much to pass up, and maybe he might be thinking about going, but I'm still adamant I want him to stay. There must be something the fans can do to keep him here. The usual response would be to have banners and signs, and show him huge support at games, but obviously these aren't currently viable options.

Basically, I was wondering how other people genuinely felt , and what ideas they may have to at least put up a fight to keep him. Even if they are outrageous or futile, at least we could say we tried.

Each day, i type 'James Milner' into Google, and each day more and more worrying transfer news pops up about him. Lately it has been about us facing up to the fact that he is already going.

I know many people say £30million is too much to pass up, and maybe he might be thinking about going, but I'm still adamant I want him to stay. There must be something the fans can do to keep him here. The usual response would be to have banners and signs, and show him huge support at games, but obviously these aren't currently viable options.

Basically, I was wondering how other people genuinely felt , and what ideas they may have to at least put up a fight to keep him. Even if they are outrageous or futile, at least we could say we tried.

thats gay, hes only a footballer

We could tie his shoe laces together. I've heard that footballers aren't very bright, so that will probably stop him going anywhere! :lol: