What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I can't be arsed to read through the thread but Citeh did used to be 'owned' by Frank, didn't they?

And now they are owned as some kind of trinket by some Sheiks.

Where did this 'class' comment emanate from? :suspect:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope he stays this summer and can produce the type of football he did the season just gone.

Milner has the potential to be quality.

Many people on here are pointing out about players like Stephen Ireland that they have had good seasons in the past, but haven't shown it again the past season. He's inconsistent etc.

I just Milner doesn't do the same!

VILLA TILL DEATH! FECK OFF CITY YOU PIGS!

We have received an offer from Manchester City and this has been firmly rejected.

We plan to sit down with James Milner and his representative after the World Cup to agree a new long-term deal and this remains our position.

We have received an offer from Manchester City and this has been firmly rejected.

an offer from Manchester City has been firmly rejected.

Manchester City has been firmly rejected.

firmly rejected

rejected

Add ireland to the bid and id be very, very happy about it. Itd be a good deal for both clubs, but we could potentially come out on top with it imo

Ireland has something to prove to be honest. He was excellent last season, and has shown true talent at times in the past, but there's a question mark over his consistency. Ireland would probably be a downward step from Milner, especially as Milner is so versatile. I seem to remember him even playing centre back against Chelsea before.

Mind you, MON's spending has been pretty good this season, so if we bid £25-30m + Ireland, he might feel that it's a good deal for the club, as Ireland would suit your style better than ours and you might see the better side of him

Centre Back, obviously you've never seen him play. Give us 30 Million + Onuoha and Ireland.

This could be a good thing, might make us want to push the boat out to sign some quality and show James that we're serious, if they bid over 30 million, we must make sure we have a quality replacement BEFORE we even consider letting him go!

I think villa making this statement "We plan to sit down with James Milner and his representative after the World Cup to agree a new long-term deal and this remains our position." means unless milner wants to leave then no matter how much they offer he wont be going.

£20m isn't even close, especially after what they paid for Lescott but they will be back and I think they will get their man.

Maybe Ash, but i'm not so sure.

They key difference is that we have more ambition and money than Evernot, and that Lescott wanted to go, and made that clear.

Milly very possibly does not want to go, and that is a huge difference.

If we don't want to sell, and Milly doesn't want to, then Citeh will not get him.

If they want him enough then they will get him. They've started the dirty tricks like they did with lescott already - leaking of the bid, talking about it on their official website. Think it'd be more sensible to get it sorted before the world cup to be honest, but we've never done things quickly so I guess it'll drag on now for the next two months.

Pretty strong statement from Villa. Glad they have come out and confirmed their postion. If they had said something along the lines of the offer was derisory I would be worried.

Clearly it is up to James what he wants to do.

Just reading their message boards, cocky little girls are saying we should go **** ourselves if we want anymore :lol:

Clowns. Milner is probably better than their whole team put together. ;)

Really glad it's been rejected though. Well done MON and the crew!

They key difference is that we have more ambition and money than Evernot, and that Lescott wanted to go, and made that clear.

We have more money yes but more ambition? No I don't think that is true both clubs have the same goals we just have more cash to try and make those ambitions come true, yet so far they have come closer than we have.

As for Lescott, from what I've been told he didn't especially want to go not at first but then the money (wages) got so big he simply couldn't refuse.

Milly very possibly does not want to go, and that is a huge difference.

Indeed and that is the only hope we have of keeping him and given the unsettled career he has had to date with both clubs and managers and the progress he has made he may well want to stay. I also don't see him being all that bothered about money but then one of the reasons he left Newcastle was wages so you never know...

If we don't want to sell, and Milly doesn't want to, then Citeh will not get him.

That is making a few assumptions though isn't it especially when a few months ago O'Neill was talking about the possibility of us having to sell a star name to help us push on.

Every article I've read in recent months both with and without quotes has given me the impression there isn't the sort of cash to spend this summer there has been the last two.

We might not want to sell him but we might just fancy the money.