The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Neville should have been briught back ti destroy amore. I actually cant stand amore and its reported behind the scenes he is one of the most disliked people and caused countless problems. Yet he gets rewarded instead of neville. As for jax its crazy she is a great wrestler. She should have held the title until aksura came in and beat her.

Guess we will see bliss fed to her shortly 

Also i dont understand thw booking sometimes. Your trying to create new stars and you havw bobby roode losing to ziggler in what his 4th match? 

Agreed. I hate how they treated Neville. He was the face of 205 Live, the only person giving it any credibility and yet he was offered no opportunities outside of the Cruiserweight Division. Then Enzo comes in and is treated like he's the best wrestler in the World. He wins the Title after a few matches, has a match with The Miz which no Cruiserweight gets to do and Main Events/Closes out RAW three weeks in a row. I get that some people think Neville is acting childish for potentially walking out as he held the Title for pretty much a year, but it's the other things that are pissing him off here not the fact he's no longer Champion. 

Yeah with Nia Jax I think maybe my issue ultimately is with her booking. If she was booked like Braun Strowman then maybe I'd find her whole thing more interesting, but all they did was book her in multi-woman matches so that she would get teamed on which I don't find that interesting. Big women in wrestling can work, but I don't think WWE know how to book them in the "realism era" of WWE.

The booking thing in WWE has always confused me. I understand they have to keep Ziggler somewhat strong as he doesn't work as enhancement talent if he loses every match, I mean imagine how exciting Roode vs Hawkins would be as a feud with Hawkins on his 240 loss streak, but on the other hand the "new guy" to the roster typically wins as it gives fans someone new to support. Yes there is a booking method where they go down the plucky loser comes good route, but that is so much riskier and it only works for some wrestlers yet Roode isn't one of them. Roode should be destroying Ziggler and Ziggler should be making Roode look like a God doing it, but I don't think WWE want to make Ziggler look weak which is ultimately going to slow down Roode's ascension on the main roster.

That said to talk about booking that has been good recently, Sami Zayn is finally interesting so that's something. I still don't buy his reason for helping Owens, but a week or two from now that will start to become a distant memory if the booking stays good. I am happy for Zayn as he's not a bad wrestler, he's just been booked terribly since coming up from NXT and it's about time he was doing something interesting. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Tlc was absolutely awesome. The main event was superb. Baylor vs styles was excellent although I felt styles should have won.

Nah, he couldn't walk on to a Raw show and beat one of their most highly regarded guys.  They had the nice excuse of jetlag to preserve him.  Great match though.

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

This is for @hogso I guess...

Do you know of anyway to get hold of/see this film?...

It's on amazon prime, which regrettably I don't have it anymore, as I'd love to see this. He did say on his AMA the other day it'll be available on dvd/blu ray soon though. 

If you haven't watched Unscarred I'd recommend it, that one is on YouTube. 

There's quite a few guys at the minute who are reminiscent of Mondo in his prime - Joey Janella (who is in the new film) will seemingly do any type of match, or bump, and do them well, Markus Crane who doesn't seem to have any regard for his body at all, and Rory Gulak (Drew's younger brother) who to me represents what Mondo could've done, insofar as leaving the deathmatch scene and making a name for himself simply as a good wrestler on the indy circuit. Mondo's return to CZW which forced Gulak to retire his kayfabe 'Little Mondo' gimmick at Cage of Death a few years back seems to be covered in this, which is good, it was an incredible moment. 

WWE's booking.. I mean Vince McMahon's booking makes no sense.

At TLC we were witness to one of the best matches of the year in WWE between Finn Balor and AJ Styles. Now Finn won which was to be expected, the RAW guy winning on a RAW PPV, but fast forward to last night and it all seems a bit pointless. 

Last night Kane squashed Finn Balor as if he was Curt Hawkins. This is a man that is being positioned to face Brock Lesnar at some point in the future yet there is no point anymore. Finn needs wins and he needs them against people like Kane, but he just got squashed like he was local talent so good luck selling The Beast vs The Demon in the future WWE. Some losses actually do some damage and you had 30 other superstars in the locker room that could have eaten that loss, but you chose Finn Balor the one guy that couldn't eat that loss without hurting his future potential. 

Also there is the knock on effect of how this makes AJ Styles look. He lost to the guy that just got squashed on RAW. AJ is meant to be in the main event scene and likely next in line to win the WWE Championship, but he just lost to a guy that got squashed on RAW.

Well done WWE.. I mean Vince.

As for Survivor Series it has started well. I liked that Smackdown just went on the offensive in what was effectively an entire brand turning heel at once. I am intrigued to see how this goes, but I hope that RAW doesn't invade tonight as that would be too predictable. I want one more RAW to pass at the very least, but WWE being WWE they will rush it and RAW will return the favour tonight on Smackdown.

6 hours ago, Daweii said:

WWE's booking.. I mean Vince McMahon's booking makes no sense.

At TLC we were witness to one of the best matches of the year in WWE between Finn Balor and AJ Styles. Now Finn won which was to be expected, the RAW guy winning on a RAW PPV, but fast forward to last night and it all seems a bit pointless. 

Last night Kane squashed Finn Balor as if he was Curt Hawkins. This is a man that is being positioned to face Brock Lesnar at some point in the future yet there is no point anymore. Finn needs wins and he needs them against people like Kane, but he just got squashed like he was local talent so good luck selling The Beast vs The Demon in the future WWE. Some losses actually do some damage and you had 30 other superstars in the locker room that could have eaten that loss, but you chose Finn Balor the one guy that couldn't eat that loss without hurting his future potential. 

Also there is the knock on effect of how this makes AJ Styles look. He lost to the guy that just got squashed on RAW. AJ is meant to be in the main event scene and likely next in line to win the WWE Championship, but he just lost to a guy that got squashed on RAW.

Well done WWE.. I mean Vince.

As for Survivor Series it has started well. I liked that Smackdown just went on the offensive in what was effectively an entire brand turning heel at once. I am intrigued to see how this goes, but I hope that RAW doesn't invade tonight as that would be too predictable. I want one more RAW to pass at the very least, but WWE being WWE they will rush it and RAW will return the favour tonight on Smackdown.

Agree the Kane gpoing over was stupid. 

As for the final segment it was well executed barring the protection of certain superstars like lesnar, bliss, Mia Kane etc. It was abit weak just taking out people like apollo creed etc. I agree it will be so predictable if they turn up tonight in sd live. They should really turn up the following week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

As for the final segment it was well executed barring the protection of certain superstars like lesnar, bliss, Mia Kane etc. It was abit weak just taking out people like apollo creed etc.

MilkyFocusedHoneybee.gif

• Haha 1

Finally got my hands on PWG's Battle of Los Angeles 2017, so will be indulging over the weekend. For me it's the single most must see event in world wrestling, over Wrestle Kingdom, the final night of the G1, Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, NXT Takeover(s), ROH Final Battle (and for me personally, things like CZWs ToD and CoD, GCW's ToS and NGI, and BJWs Death Mania)...you name it, in regards to match quality and pure entertainment, BOLA beats them all. 

Picked night two cos it's got Joey, Sami, and Elite v Lucha Bros

Matt Riddle, of old UFC fame :D He actually did pretty darn well there, going basically 9-3 (Two wins overturned for smoking pot). Hopefully he makes bank in the wrestling scene.

14 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Matt Riddle, of old UFC fame :D He actually did pretty darn well there, going basically 9-3 (Two wins overturned for smoking pot). Hopefully he makes bank in the wrestling scene.

I watched his series of TUF at the time, I recall he knocked someone out in his 'qualifying' bout and the guy started crying for his momma :unsure::lol:

Riddle is super hot right now. Especially considering his actual in ring experience isn't all that much, about 3 years I think. 

Helped by the fact he's teaming with Jeff Cobb who complements Riddle's style insanely well. 

The weed/stoner thing is still holding him back though, unfortunately. He and Cobb (The Chosen Bros) were supposedly due to be invited to New Japan for the upcoming World Tag League, which was seen as a foot in the door for the both, in regards to getting world wide recognition, at least. Cobb is still going, but not Riddle because of a certain tattoo on his side... 

Sucks for him, the Puro Resu crowd would absolutely love him, and I suspect he'd get over very quickly. From there he could expect a call from WWE, I'd wager...hopefully someone takes a chance on him in the 'big leagues' eventually. 

• Like 1

Today was the final road to power struggle tour date for NJPW, and being the closest to Halloween, there was a bit of dressing up... 

Scurll as Aladdin and Omega as Princess Jasmine (with Chase Owens off screen as Genie) :lol: it's easy to forget at times that Kenny was an insanely good comedy wrestler during his DDT run, so it's nice when he pulls out something like this. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

Spoiler

What a missed chance again on Raw. Samoa Joe returns and instead of him beating the Miz for the IC Title they feed him Matt Hardy. They are absolutely hopeless these raw bookers. Joe will be face soon judging the crowd reaction yesterday. 

I watched Atsushi Onita's retirement show yesterday, which took place at Korakuen Hall on Halloween night. Any puroresu fan will know Kurakuen isn't the biggest place, and it was drastically over sold for this show. There wasn't an ince of room at ring side - literally

screen-shot-2017-11-01-at-10-42-35-am.pn

You might just about be able to make out the ring there.

Intersting guy, Onita. He was a decent junior with AJPW and then had a serious knee injury, so had to retire in the mind 80s. He didn't want to though, so he formed FMW, and started putting on shows built around the more 'hardcore' type of match, with those ridiculous stipulations. It caught on, and he was - and always has been - a massive draw wherever he's been.

Without FMW, ECW would not have become what it was, without that there would probably have been no Attitude Era and WWE would have lost the Monday Night Wars...and who knows how that would have shaped wrestling in North America today. All cos some guy got a knee injury. At least, that's the romantic version!

This is his seventh retirement. It seemed final, this time, and was billed as such. 

Edited by hogso

Â