The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Awesome Kong / Kharma / Kia Stevens would be a great surprise entrance - her only ever official WWE match WAS the Royal Rumble :D

Edited by hogso

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

Has made sense for a while. Each roster thanks to the addition of the factions has 11 active female superstars now. If we add in a few surprises like Lita, Trish, Rousey and then 5 women from NXT they have 30 women there. 

Very cool and hopefully the winner gets to co-main event WM. I don't think WWE will let the women outright main event WM just yet, though we are heading there which is really quite cool. 

I knew with the extra 6 women from both rosters they were heading for a female RR. I am glad though. I am going to make a prediction right now, someone from SD will win and then win title at WM then Carmella cashes in. I hope they dont do this as the first woman to win the rumble should get the title.

If that don't happen Aksura will win it and win title at WM. It will be one of those two scenarios I predict.  

@Demitri_C They are slowly painting themselves into a corner here.

On the Smackdown side I don't know how they are planning to go about this. The rumours of Rousey entering the Rumble and winning to face Charlotte seems cool on face value, but when you factor in Carmella it starts to get awkward.

On the RAW side it's a fair bit easier as Asuka is heir to the throne based on NXT form and RAW form. That said Asuka is likely getting a title shot at WrestleMania whether she wins the Rumble or not.

I think they will go the Smackdown route if the Rousey rumours are true, but if they are planning a cash in on the night of WrestleMania I don't know how they will book that without hurting whoever loses the title that night.

Going to be interesting to see it all unfold. 

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

@Demitri_C They are slowly painting themselves into a corner here.

On the Smackdown side I don't know how they are planning to go about this. The rumours of Rousey entering the Rumble and winning to face Charlotte seems cool on face value, but when you factor in Carmella it starts to get awkward.

On the RAW side it's a fair bit easier as Asuka is heir to the throne based on NXT form and RAW form. That said Asuka is likely getting a title shot at WrestleMania whether she wins the Rumble or not.

I think they will go the Smackdown route if the Rousey rumours are true, but if they are planning a cash in on the night of WrestleMania I don't know how they will book that without hurting whoever loses the title that night.

Going to be interesting to see it all unfold. 

If carmella cashed in rousey that would be the dumbest and fakest ending in history 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

If carmella cashed in rousey that would be the dumbest and fakest ending in history 

Right? Give arguably the toughest female fighter to ever grace a WWE ring a 60 second title reign.. Sounds like a WWE thing to do. 

If they don't have Carmella cashing in then when will she? I know she has a full year so could hold the briefcase up until the night before Money In The Bank 2018, but I don't think WWE have ever done that. 

11 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Right? Give arguably the toughest female fighter to ever grace a WWE ring a 60 second title reign.. Sounds like a WWE thing to do. 

If they don't have Carmella cashing in then when will she? I know she has a full year so could hold the briefcase up until the night before Money In The Bank 2018, but I don't think WWE have ever done that. 

They may do that.imagine Carmella cashes in at mitb wins and then the mitb winner canes on Carmella on same night. Now that would be a twist and a half!

Despite being one of the most entertaining people and solid performers for the last 3 years, in Vinces eyes, Rusev has a ceiling that he isn’t going past. It’s just pathetic really. I’ll never forgive them for not putting him over at wm30. 

• Like 1

On 27/12/2017 at 02:32, Villaphan04 said:

Rusev and Rusev Day has gotten so over outta nowhere. I would be totally for him winning the Rumble next month and putting him in the main event scene. 

I will be surprised if WWE push Rusev as while Rusev Day is a singles gimmick it got over in part thanks to Aiden English. Are WWE going to push Rusev when it looks more like it's the tag team getting over than anything else? 

• Like 1

They make a great combo. I am surprised the rusev day has gotten him over. But like someone said the English has also helped that. I think rusev will be turned soon if this continues. Maybe have English turn on him. Rusev destroys him then have him feud with Owens 

• Like 1

Wrestle Kingdom is only a couple of days away, can't wait! Here's the full card, bottom to top. 

New Japan Rumble 

~Entrants to be confirmed~

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Titles 1/60

Roppongi 3k (Sho & Yo) v The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) 

NEVER Openweight 6 Man Titles Gauntlet 60 min time limit 

Tama Tonga / Tonga Loa / Bad Luck Fale (Bullet Club) v Ryusuke Taguchi / Juice Robinson / Togi Makabe (Taguchi Japan/GBH) v Beretta / Toru Yano / Tomohiro Ishii (CHAOS) v Hanson / Raymond Rowe / Michael Elgin v Taichi / Takahashi Iizuka / Zack Sabre Jr (Suzuki-gun) 

Special Single Match 1/60

Cody Rhodes v Kota Ibushi

IWGP Tag Team Titles 1/60

Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr) v EVIL & Sanada 

NEVER Openweight Title - Hair vs Hair, CHAOS and Suzuki-gun barred from Ringside 1/60

Minoru Suzuki v Hirooki Goto

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Four Way 1/60

Marty Scurll v Will Ospreay v KUSHIDA v Hiromu Takahashi 

IWGP Intercontinental Title 1/60

Hiroshi Tanahashi v Jay White 

IWGP US Heavyweight Title No DQ 1/60

Kenny Omega v Chris Jericho 

IWGP Heavyweight Title 1/60

Kazuchika Okada v Tetsuya Naito 

My picks;

Rumble - Liger

Jr tag - Roppongi 3k 

6 man - BC

Special  - Ibushi

Tag - EVIL & Sanada 

Openweight - Goto 

Jr Hvy - Hiromu

IC - White 

US - Omega 

Hvy - Naito 

This set of results would make New Year Dash! a really interesting show. Tanahashi needs time off, and White holding the IC title could give him the momentum to start a new faction. Or - The Elite break away from Bullet Club and White becomes the new BC leader. 

LIJ would need a big foe to step up to challenge for their belts, I'd personally love to see Suzuki-gun continue the feud with Minoru himself challenging Naito. I'd like to see a new Jr join the LIJ ranks - no idea who, but them and Bushi going after the Jr tag titles to complete the monopoly on the straps would be awesome. 

I'd wager Kitamura will make his full debut too, given his age I can't see him going on excursion. No idea who he will align himself with, could slot in to any faction, really, and go straight into the title picture for the Openweight, perhaps. 

Exciting couple of days! I'll be watching the shows back to back on Saturday :D

Well, I jus couldn't put it off til Saturday, and watched the whole thing last night. 

Spoiler

Great event, but not as incredible as previous years WKs

Tough call between Omega/Jericho and the Jr 4 way for MOTN, both delivered in buckets. 

I think I'm judging the main event harshly as I didn't like the result. Such a disappointment for Naito to lose! 

The IC match I wasn't in to at all. Tana needs to drop the title and bugger off for 6 months. Someone force him. 

Openweight match was a highlight, though. 

Bring on New Year Dash today! :D

Yeah, I guess, more so than if he was on a wwe show. Being ripped isn't really required in Japan (although it can help some - see the likes of Sekimoto or Kitamura currently), there's plenty of major players on the NJPW roster who aren't buff at all. 

New Year Dash delivers again! It's a must see for those who watched any match at WK12. Although I expect you will hear what happened if you're a fan of those involved. Huge repercussions for a whole bunch of factions. 

Spoiler

The suggested reunion of Golden Lovers, the break up of Bullet Club seemingly getting closer, Jay White suddenly becoming one of the most intriguing characters on the show, the ending...great stuff 

Spoiler

Paige's in-ring WWE career is reportedly over, according to a report from PWInsider.

Paige, 25, has been out of action since sustaining an injury at a RAW live event at the Nassau Coliseum in late December. Paige was teaming with Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville against Sasha Banks, Bayley & Mickie James. Paige took a kick to the back from Banks and dropped to the canvas. Paige struggled to get to her feet before falling to the mat, causing the referee to throw up the "X" injury signal and stop the match. A stretcher was brought out, however she was able to walk to the back with the help of the doctors. 

PWInsider reports that Paige was told at this past Monday's RAW that she will not be able to return to the ring. It was noted that she is "done" as a wrestler, and that the situation is similar to Edge's retirement in 2011 due to a neck injury.

Paige had just returned to WWE in late November after a seventeen month absence due to a neck injury she suffered in June of 2016. During her absence she suffered two Wellness policy suspensions.

During an appearance on Lilian Garcia's "Chasing Glory" podcast last month, she discussed the neck injury that she suffered in 2016. She revealed that that she had been suffering from scoliosis and her years of wrestling contributed to her neck injury. She had bumped one day outside of the ring and noted that it didn't feel right. She would wake up in a lot of pain, but tried to hide the injury from WWE so that she could still wrestle. She finally told WWE because she was starting to make mistakes in the ring and she didn't want to become a danger to others.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0112/635831/paige-forced-to-end-her-wwe-in-ring-career-after-latest-injury/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by Villaphan04
Spolier

Huge shame as she's only 25 and wrestling is in her blood, I am sure she was hoping to wrestle for her whole life like her parents have. It just sucks really as she's been through a lot the last couple years and the moment things are looking up her whole career is ended? That's some rough **** luck. 

Awful news. She's the archetype anti-diva (good thing), a decent in ring performer, and from what I recall has decent charisma and mic skills. It'd make sense kayfade for her to stick around and manage her stable. 

Maybe they could bring in Christina von Eerie or Jessicka Havoc as a replacement :D

On 13/01/2018 at 09:32, Demitri_C said:

Oh man that's terrible news for Paige espically as she is so young. Edges was sad but he was a lot older. Guess she will get released when contract expires a be a valet for her bf Alberto 

She won't be doing anything with Alberto as they split in late-2017. If she gets released she'll likely just put more focus on her clothing company.

Â