The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

11 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Just out of interest, why were you not a fan of the Warrior?

For me it's because he was pushed to the moon by Vince just because of his size and look, despite being one of the worst workers ever.

He was also a complete nightmare to work with, who thought he was above 'wrestling' as a business. A total arsehole to his coworkers who he had no interest in protecting in the ring, or making look even decent because it was all about him and his brand.

He was a narcissistic prick basically, and even though he mellowed slightly before his death he'll still be remembered by many as a toxic presence.

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

For me it's because he was pushed to the moon by Vince just because of his size and look, despite being one of the worst workers ever.

He was also a complete nightmare to work with, who thought he was above 'wrestling' as a business. A total arsehole to his coworkers who he had no interest in protecting in the ring, or making look even decent because it was all about him and his brand.

He was a narcissistic prick basically, and even though he mellowed slightly before his death he'll still be remembered by many as a toxic presence.

I agree, I read no end of the crap he caused in his time in WWF.

Everything from his selfishness all the way to causing injuries to fellow wrestlers/jobbers. Holding McMahon to ransom (depending what you read with it being a gun) mainly failing to no show the Main Event at Summerslam '91 over money right before they're due to go out and have the match.

His creative control he was given in his second run on his return in 1992 was also nonsense and a complete balls up.

Upon his return for his 3rd run? in 1996, He looked absolutely f***** by then, obviously after the steroid use had stopped.

His WCW stint before the turn of the millennium was much worse.

As you say, happy to take take take but gave very little back to the industry in return.

• Like 1

The excellent OSW Review recently did a Warrior retrospective, it's a great watch.  It sure does take something to out-carny even Hogan.

Loving Roddy Strong's surprise AEW debut this week.  I say "surprise", it's long been assumed that given the ROH connections and Shafir being in AEW that that's where he'd wind up, but there'd been no inkling anywhere that he'd actually been granted a WWE release so the timing was a shock (and it seems like it's been ages since an AEW arrival has actually been a surprise as opposed to heavily telegraphed).  The Killswitch song threw me for a loop as well as my Pavlovian response to that particular track is Craig David.

The Undisputed Era mark in me is very happy we've now got 75% of the stable, just need KOR to get himself fit.  Though we're likely never getting Bobby Fish back because... well, yunno.

Bobby Fish Wheres The Lie GIF - Bobby Fish Wheres The Lie - Discover &  Share GIFs

20 hours ago, Designer1 said:

You forgot forcing WWE to sell his insane comic that he wrote all about himself:

spacer.png

22 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I agree with all of this, but didn’t he kick out of a pedigree once?

29 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Completely no-sold it.  Which is at least funny as it's HHH it happened to.  But yeah, carny POS.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Kicked out of the pedigree and was almost back up faster than HHH, who he then pinned in about 2 minutes total.

He was a POS but then so are Vince and Hogan who he was butting heads with so that tempers it a bit. 

Gimme Macho Man any day (although hardly a Saint himself).

9 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

He was a POS but then so are Vince and Hogan who he was butting heads with so that tempers it a bit. 

Gimme Macho Man any day (although hardly a Saint himself).

Warrior had his faults no doubt about it, but Hogan was the biggest piece of s*** of them all. Absolute ****

Macho was nothing but a jealous possessive insecure moron. Drove his wife into the arms of Lex Lugar, but that didn't end well for her either.

38 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Warrior had his faults no doubt about it, but Hogan was the biggest piece of s*** of them all. Absolute ****

Macho was nothing but a jealous possessive insecure moron. Drove his wife into the arms of Lex Lugar, but that didn't end well for her either.

Macho also (supposedly) banged a 17 year old Stephanie. I kinda feel any big star is actually kinda awful.

His promos were amazing, though, so I love him for that.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

UW knew how to connect with thw fans though even though he was a awful wrestler. 

Im not suprised he died youngish with all the drugs he was on and how much running and how intense he was

One of the reasons why his matches were usually quick. He was gassed by the time he got to the ring.

43 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Luger got Elizabeth into drugs he is absolute scum

14 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

You forgot forcing WWE to sell his insane comic that he wrote all about himself:

spacer.png

I mean Vince didn't have to say yes, TUW was just making as much as he could with his time. Vince would happily drop a wrestler without a pot to piss in if he weren't drawing 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Luger got Elizabeth into drugs he is absolute scum

Exactly. 

He landed up a wreck himself in the end though. .. Just like that other waster Tom Billington (Dynamite Kid).

I was fortunate (at the time I guess) to meet quite a few WWF stars in the early 90's. The one who will always stand out was the Undertaker. Absolute legend and puts all these other *****s to shame. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Macho also (supposedly) banged a 17 year old Stephanie. I kinda feel any big star is actually kinda awful.

His promos were amazing, though, so I love him for that.

One of the reasons why his matches were usually quick. He was gassed by the time he got to the ring.

You're right, nearly all of them turned out to be ****holes in the end.

I think there was some ground to the MM and Steph rumours for sure, She is no Angel herself though.

As for Warrior, yes. Sprinting 20mph to the ring then nakered for his 3 minute matches. How he managed to run the distance of the Sky Dome at WM6 and have the match with Hogan that he had for the duration it lasted was impressive to say the least.

We must remember although im not excusing it, the world was a different place back then. Half the shit they did then they w ould never get away with now. It all comes down to vince.

Ric flair is another scumbag who did some grotesque things

Â