The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

So they are going back to having two belts, with Roman keeping the two he has after the draft. Whatever show he doesn’t end up on gets the belt below. I love it!

It is kind of similar to the old WCW belt 

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

So they are going back to having two belts, with Roman keeping the two he has after the draft. Whatever show he doesn’t end up on gets the belt below. I love it!

I hate having two world titles, devalues being World Champion much.  It's not like they're brimming with World Title worthy superstars at the moment like the original brand split in 2002.

I'm guessing they may be doing this so Roman can go on a Sammartino style record reign without too much fan backlash.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It is kind of similar to the old WCW belt 

Yeah I think that's the idea.  The original WWE 'World Heavyweight Title' introduced in 2002 was the old WCW Big Gold Belt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I hate having two world titles, devalues being World Champion much.  It's not like they're brimming with World Title worthy superstars at the moment like the original brand split in 2002.

I'm guessing they may be doing this so Roman can go on a Sammartino style record reign without too much fan backlash.

We now have three belts as it stands, let alone two.

I think it's an awful booking decision, anyone that takes the title cant say the beat reigns and therefore its diminished. Only way i can see it working is someone who hasn't faced reigns in his run wins it, but i think he's been through everyone.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Id rather have two belts than reigns just beating absoultely everyone 

I think reigns will go raw and rollins will go SD keeping them apart as can see that main eventing WM next year.

If you look at raw rhodes, lashley rollins could all be champions there. What also makes it exciting is when MITB happens there is two champs they can go for.

The current reigns dominating has killed wwe. Thank god they are beinging back a second title (this one looks incredible btw)

Nah, 1 top title should represent the pinnacle of the industry/company like it did in the WWF's glory days.

I would absolutely piss myself if Roman rocks up at Night of Champions though and add the World Heavyweight to his collection.  Has even Vinnie Mac got the grapefruits for that level of trollery? 

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Nah, 1 top title should represent the pinnacle of the industry/company like it did in the WWF's glory days.

I would absolutely piss myself if Roman rocks up at Night of Champions though and add the World Heavyweight to his collection.  Has even Vinnie Mac got the grapefruits for that level of trollery? 

Honestly, that crossed my mind…

37 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Looks like £1500 for ringside seats, £400 for the next rung up, and then into somewhat more "affordable" territory.

There is tickets goin for £100 and bwlow so more affordable than the wwe one

24 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

I'm no fan of Warrior but that belt is a beauty. 

Wasn't it! They were all iconic. He also donned a white leather one too at some stage and then a lavender/purple version which was when he lost the title to Slaughter at Rumble '91.

Just out of interest, why were you not a fan of the Warrior?

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Wasn't it! They were all iconic. He also donned a white leather one too at some stage and then a lavender/purple version which was when he lost the title to Slaughter at Rumble '91.

Just out of interest, why were you not a fan of the Warrior?

I hated wrestling as a kid but got into it through mates as I hit my teens during the Attitude era, perfect timing really. 

• Like 1

On 25/04/2023 at 07:38, Wainy316 said:

I think that would be a bit easier to stomach if Roman wasn’t such a part time champ and looking at wrestling even less. You can’t sustain 2 shows (one being 3 hours long) every week without the main belt ever being contested. I honestly don’t know why you wouldn’t just have him drop one belt to Cody at mania and then redesign that one though 🤷🏻‍♀️ regardless I hope they put the new big gold on Seth, he’s too good to be dicking around with the Logan Paul’s of the world (as frustratingly talented as Paul undeniably is) 

Â