The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

I wouldn't even bother with WWF in the 90s until Austin becomes Austin at King of the Ring.

I'm almost up to 1996 with Nitro. I've watched all the PPVs as well, you get some long, long PPV matches. Just generic matches for unimportant titles that go for 35 minutes or longer.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

This match has been causing quite the storm on the internet.  Some phenomenal athleticism on show.

It saddens me actually that WWE is their ceiling if they want to make some real good money wrestling for a living. Sure WWE is changing slowly and eventually the whole product will likely be to that standard, but until then if the likes of Will Ospreay if they were to come into WWE in next 6-12 months they would be jobbing out to Reigns before they knew it. That match was phenomenal but outside of NXT we are so far off getting that in WWE main which is a shame cause I would love to tune into Raw every week and see that kind of quality rather than having to see it on YouTube. 

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Summer/Autumn 97 is where it starts getting good with all the Hart Foundation stuff. Jump to there.

I still rate Canadian Stampede as one of best PPVs ever and think was only 4 matches. Austin came out an even bigger star as the SOB because of that, think even the Canadians wanted cheer for him

• Like 1

Attacking him in that fashion on a Memorial Day thingo makes you a heel.

Finally they did something interesting with Styles. The rivalry with Reigns where they couldn't just pick a heel and a face and nobody really cared about either of them was shit.

Raw was actually really good this week. The New Day finally getting laid out, which I feel has been coming for weeks and weeks. The Club (goddamn they really need a better name than that ffs). Enzo and Cass having a good match with the Dudleys. The Dolph Ziggler low blow was hilarious.

Zack Ryder is the jobbiest jobber to have ever jobbed. There is literally zero crowd noise when he comes out. It's painful. There's nothing redeemable about him.

I'm a bit sick of the Women's division feuds but Stephanie telling Charlotte off was a brilliant power play from Stephanie and was a great way to ramp up the obvious face turn they've been trying to give her since she started corunning Raw with Shane.

WWE need to use the money advantage and give NJPW an offer they cannot refuse to licence the 'Bullet Club' name. Calling them 'The Club' is growing on me a little but only through necessity as they are likely going to go on to be the next 'Shield', if it irks me now it's going to be unbearable in 6 months if I don't get used to it.  

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

WWE need to use the money advantage and give NJPW an offer they cannot refuse to licence the 'Bullet Club' name. Calling them 'The Club' is growing on me a little but only through necessity as they are likely going to go on to be the next 'Shield', if it irks me now it's going to be unbearable in 6 months if I don't get used to it.  

Probably won't use the phrase Bullet Club due to the PG nonsense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

They need to grow 'The Club' into a proper faction and thus bring in more members. I can't help but think that Cena will end up burying AJ and The Club as things stand.

I still think the play is for Finn Balor to arrive, and theres a power struggle to be the head of "the club". Balor v Styles is a wrestlemania worthy match. 

Unfortunately what will probably happen is Cena will bury AJ, and take out the whole "club" with a firemans carry. 

49 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Probably won't use the phrase Bullet Club due to the PG nonsense. 

This was my take on it as well. It's the same reason the Washington Bullets became the Washington Wizards.

If it was a trademark infringement issue, surely Balor Club and the way it's used would have been enough of an infringement.

I'm shitty that Styles is going to be used to effectively job to Cena.

They really needed to establish him as a title contender a bit better than they have, especially with Reigns as a weak champion. That match at Payback was awful for Styles because he hit Reigns with everything he had and Reigns kicked out before winning without enough offence to justify the win. As I said earlier, we never **** see a Styles Clash, ever, then Reigns kicks out of 2 of them in a row. It didn't set Styles up well.

Now he'll lose to Cena once or twice during a feud for a few months and then what? You'd hope that it's finally time for Cena to put someone over but it's not going to happen when he's just returned from injury.

Hopefully The Club gets a more trendy sounding name, recruits a few members and becomes a genuine force. Wrestling was at it's best when it was heavily faction based and it loses a lot of cool storyline potential without that because most feuds just become two guys that don't like each other for no real reason.

• Like 1

They're calling them "The Club"? :lol: haha oh man, well, it keeps the association if nothing else I suppose. 

I see Adam Cole joined the actual Bullet Club. Guess it's not dead yet. 

Is there a cut down version of Raw anywhere regularly? basically I want to watch Monday Night SAWFT and skip the other 2 and a half hours, is this possible?

If not why?

What will happen the AJ is the same that happened with Owens.. When KO was called up he had the ability to be a super top level heel. They let him beat Cena once, then Cena literally buried him 3 times in a row. It's took KO a while to recover, however there is still a feeling of lost legitimacy. 

3 hours ago, pas5898 said:

What will happen the AJ is the same that happened with Owens.. When KO was called up he had the ability to be a super top level heel. They let him beat Cena once, then Cena literally buried him 3 times in a row. It's took KO a while to recover, however there is still a feeling of lost legitimacy. 

Owens will win MITB so I think he will be going to the top. Problem is when he uses it he will get such a face reaction they will have to turn him like stone cold. 

• Like 1

Â