New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

Again, I don't see what Apple would gain from a sponsorshipdeal with us. They have a brand amongst the most recognisable out there. the value of a partnership with us isn't great enough to justify the price they'd have to pay to get on our shirts.

Not saying it won't happen, but it's pretty unlikely.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The apple talk just came about because some people were saying that it'd look good on our shirt.

I'd like Apple but I know it won't happen.

As long as we get a lot of money, I'm not too fussed about who the company is, just as long as it doesn't ruin the new villa top

if we are pimping ourselves out via email for a shirt sponsor as the earlier poster suggested then I'd be fairly certain it ain't going to be one of the big boys ..I'm just not sure that Mr Sony reads his junk mail folder very often ...

Our profile has raised a little of late but still has a way to go i think

Sony? Apple? These type of companies don't do shirt sponsorship.

Look at AIG, Standard Cartered, Ethiad and Mansion. Companies that want to get their brand out to the public, not companies with a world famous established name.

Look at AIG, Standard Cartered, Ethiad and Mansion. Companies that want to get their brand out to the public, not companies with a world famous established name.

Not like Samsung - the world's largest electronics manufacturer - or Toyota - the world's largest car maker by sales - then. :P Sony have definitely used Playstation on a few kits as well.

A lot of this thread makes me chuckle.

The kit mock ups I like - and the one that has come out over the last few pages, whiich is the trad. claret shirt, blue sleeve with the bit of blue under the arm - circa 1981 - would be great.

But, the sponsor - who the bloody hell cares.

As long as they are gonna give us shed loads of money, I don't care if it is tampax or Ferrari.

Personally, I think it will be an airline, but as long as they give us at least 15m quid, I wouldn't care if it was sponsored by M Latif and Sons !

Not like Samsung - the world's largest electronics manufacturer - or Toyota - the world's largest car maker by sales - then. :P Sony have definitely used Playstation on a few kits as well.

But when a company the size of Samsung sponsor shirts, it's more of a partnership. They are associating their brand with the best team out there (or one of the best). They want to be associated with winning.

But we aren't that good. The type of company we'd get on our shirt are the companies that want to get their name out there who can't afford a big boy's shirt.

Who cares what the other company gets out of it? So long as we get paid, it doesn't matter.

Presumably because 'what the other company gets out of it' is what is going to dictate how much we get paid.

So it's fairly relevant.

I'm referring to the PL and recent modern sponsorship deals.

Â