Football Shirt Collections...

Killeen30

Beitar Jeruslaem!!! They used to consider themselves as the representatives of the poor (in contrast to the teams from Tel Aviv, which supporters are a lot wealthier). I don't like them due to a couple of reasons:

1. They are filthy rich now.

2. Their "Ultras" are quite insane. Very right wing - oppose any chance of allowing an Arab player to play for the team.

Beside, they are too strong. I can't support a team that actually win trophies!

You learn something new every day. Cheers Glarmorgan! :thumb:

Whilst we're on Israeli footy, what's your take on Eden Ben Basat? Any good? Could he cut it in the likes of the Bundesliga?

Yeah but Cassano, come on! I love that man. I'd wear a Mansfield shirt if he played for them.
Wooooah steady on there matey a Mansfield shirt? You will never be allowed down the B2Net with that attitude :-)

But he'd be welcome at Field Mill - as would Cassano!

I've not really got too many football shirts. I have the last 32Red Villa shirt, and the acorns one with Carew on the back. I've also got the blue ntl goalkeeper top that Schmeichel wore (regret not getting his name on the back!) and it's certainly been well worn. I've got a Hertha Berlin shirt from years ago, this season's Barcelona shirt with Piqué on the back (amazing) and the away shirt that Spain had in the World Cup, with Xavi on the back.

I've recently started scouring eBay for some old shirts. Made an amateur error in thinking I'd bought a bargain Galatasaray shirt with Hagi on the back, only to realise that it's not an official replica after I'd won (it does say so in the item description, I just somehow missed it).

And also on Israeli football. How are Maccabi Haifa regarded in the league compared to the Jerusalem & Tel Aviv clubs? Rich, poor, liked, hated etc?

I am shocked! Israeli football on VT!!!!!

OK, let's see:

1. Eden Ben Bassat has the potential to be a good striker but up to now - he had only one really good season, which is the 2010/11 one and this was in Hapoel Haifa. The equivalent of Hapoel Haifa in the Premier League is... uhh... Well, maybe Bolton or Fulham. He can succeed in the Bundeliga but he's yet to prove he's cut out for this level.

2. BOF - Maccabi Haifa is our great white hope since they are the best managed club here. Their chairman does an incredible job and he alone made them the best in Israel. Since they are so well managed and their current manager is probably the nicest person in Israeli football, they are not really hated, beside their local rivalry with Hapoel Haifa. Let's say that in this year title race, I preferred them to win the title on Hapoel Tel Aviv's expense. They have :)

The Tel Aviv clubs heritage is much more significant. Maccabi Haifa won their first league title in 1983, when both Tel Aviv clubs had around 10 titles each at that time. Maccabi Tel Aviv is the most decorated club here with the largest fan base. Still, for 10-15 years they managed to win the league only once. You might be interested to know they ruled the league during the 90's with Avram Grant at the helm :).

Hapoel Tel Aviv is not that big, but still - a significant club here. They are the Man Utd here. They are not that successful but they are hated by everyone :) In the past they used to represent the political left wing (Hapoel means worker), so they used to have a lot of clashes with Beitar Jerusalem.

This was the coverage of 4 biggest club here. If you'd like, next time I will go over the rest of the nothingness we call "Ligat Ha Al" (which means - Premier League) :)

I am shocked! Israeli football on VT!!!!!

OK, let's see:

1. Eden Ben Bassat has the potential to be a good striker but up to now - he had only one really good season, which is the 2010/11 one and this was in Hapoel Haifa. The equivalent of Hapoel Haifa in the Premier League is... uhh... Well, maybe Bolton or Fulham. He can succeed in the Bundeliga but he's yet to prove he's cut out for this level.

2. BOF - Maccabi Haifa is our great white hope since they are the best managed club here. Their chairman does an incredible job and he alone made them the best in Israel. Since they are so well managed and their current manager is probably the nicest person in Israeli football, they are not really hated, beside their local rivalry with Hapoel Haifa. Let's say that in this year title race, I preferred them to win the title on Hapoel Tel Aviv's expense. They have :)

The Tel Aviv clubs heritage is much more significant. Maccabi Haifa won their first league title in 1983, when both Tel Aviv clubs had around 10 titles each at that time. Maccabi Tel Aviv is the most decorated club here with the largest fan base. Still, for 10-15 years they managed to win the league only once. You might be interested to know they ruled the league during the 90's with Avram Grant at the helm :).

Hapoel Tel Aviv is not that big, but still - a significant club here. They are the Man Utd here. They are not that successful but they are hated by everyone :) In the past they used to represent the political left wing (Hapoel means worker), so they used to have a lot of clashes with Beitar Jerusalem.

This was the coverage of 4 biggest club here. If you'd like, next time I will go over the rest of the nothingness we call "Ligat Ha Al" (which means - Premier League) :)

Leg-end. :thumb: We should open a "Dispatches from..." topic in Other Football where VT members from around the globe can wax lyrical about their local leagues (if anything, it'll at least give Mister_Master somewhere to dump his never-ending stream of information about Portuguese football :)).

Seriously though Glarmorgan, if you ever want a Villa shirt I will happily pick one up and do a trade.

I got this one a couple of years ago and it's one of my favourites. It's not exactly this shirt (a bit less yellow and without the wonky stripe down the front) but I couldn't find a shot of exactly the shirt I have. Beitar Jerusalem:

official%20beitar%20jerusalem%20team%20t-shirt%20h6032101m.jpg

Adidas doing Beitar's shirt?

Got two you can have if you want 'em Glamorgan. Both XL, sorry about the piss poor picture quality;

19052011029.jpg

19052011024.jpg

19052011025.jpg

19052011026.jpg

There is a black (I think pen) mark on the back of the sleeve (see above), my missus is gonna have a go at it with some stain remover.

19052011027.jpg

19052011028.jpg

I got this one a couple of years ago and it's one of my favourites. It's not exactly this shirt (a bit less yellow and without the wonky stripe down the front) but I couldn't find a shot of exactly the shirt I have. Beitar Jerusalem:

official%20beitar%20jerusalem%20team%20t-shirt%20h6032101m.jpg

Adidas doing Beitar's shirt?

Yep. But the one in your pic is an old one. This season's shirt is this:

26.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hehe, tell me about it. I can just about get away with a large though, as long as I'm wearing a sports bra. :thumb:

Children's XL still fits me, saves about £20 on a shirt :)

Â