Football Shirt Collections...

Killeen30

I do indeed; it's the one position where you can have a sizeable beer-belly and still be half-decent! God bless you Neville Southall, for opening the door for all the chunky athletes out there.

Those listed are my only really interesting ones. I spent 400+ Euros in Florence a few weeks back on Fiorentina shirts with various names and as a result the missus has banned any future shirt purchasing for the time being. I know she's in the right, but I'll be damned if I'm not gonna fart on her whilst she's sleeping in an act of petty vengeance.

I tend to prefer buying older kits as I seem to be under some sort of curse when it comes to getting names on the back of new shirts; the season after I bought the Luca Toni shirt Bayern Munich bought him. Then, the season after I bought the Marcell Jansen shirt, Bayern Munich bought him. I bought a Marko Marin shirt from Monchengladbach last year and what happened? He went to Werder Bremen mere months later. I thought when I bought my Erwin Hoffer top he'd at least be at Rapid Vienna for another few seasons, I mean who the heck is gonna want to buy him? Napoli, clearly, thought otherwise.

It's got to the point now where this curse has seemingly "evolved" and knows what I'm going to do before I even do it; at the start of this season I had my heart set on a Hajduk Split shirt with Nikola Kalinic on the back. I spent a good few weeks trawling the web for a decent price, finally had some joy and was all set to part with my hard-earned moolah when Blackburn incurred my ever-lasting wrath.

Co-incidentally, I'm thinking of buying a Heskey top before the season's out. :D

Haha, was gonna say you could use that curse for good deeds. And yes, a bit of pink eye solves all marital jersey related disputes. I also like older jerseys. For one thing, they are usually cheaper unless you are buying real classics. They can be a lot cooler too :)

Actually saw a Vasco da Gama jersey the other day on a bloke in the pub and shouted "Vasco Vasco Vasco" at him. Fairly sure he thought I was a mentalist. I don't think he knew it was a Vasco top :) I have the home & away (they are very distinctive).

Damn it, all this talk. That's it, I'm getting myself a River Plate top :)

This is the shirt that I've had the longest, (I had the Villa home jersey 1990-1991, but lost it some where along the line).

Marseille-91-Home-USE.jpg

Bought it in 1992. I went crazy looking for the away version at the time, but could never find it anywhere.

I almost had a PSG jersey. Thankfully the only one I have is the national top and we might be doing ritualistic crapping sessions on it come July.

Perhaps I'll do a "2 girls, 1 French national jersey" type dealy.

Haha, was gonna say you could use that curse for good deeds. And yes, a bit of pink eye solves all marital jersey related disputes. I also like older jerseys. For one thing, they are usually cheaper unless you are buying real classics. They can be a lot cooler too :)

Actually saw a Vasco da Gama jersey the other day on a bloke in the pub and shouted "Vasco Vasco Vasco" at him. Fairly sure he thought I was a mentalist. I don't think he knew it was a Vasco top :) I have the home & away (they are very distinctive).

Damn it, all this talk. That's it, I'm getting myself a River Plate top :)

Haha, I know where you're coming from on the Vasco top. I'm in Basingstoke and everytime I wear a Monchengladbach jersey out I get routinely mistaken/accosted for being a Reading fan (both teams where sponsered by Kyocera for a couple of seasons). I even had a cabbie wind his window down and scream "SHITE TEAM!" as he drove past. Now, unless I'm mistaken I'm fairly certain there aren't that many taxi-driving 1.FC Koln fans in Basingstoke.

I took it upon myself to do something about this abuse a few months back when a passer-by commented "you're having a bad season aren't you?". I immediately retorted by proclaiming that, whilst we were hovering above relegation I felt we had "the quality to get some crucial points out of the likes of Borussia Dortmund and Schalke 04". Suddenly my 'friend' seemed disincliend to participate further in our pleasant exchange, and made haste from the scene of the crime.

If it's an Argentine shirt you're after, I highly recommend the following website...

Argentine Soccer

They have a section of old and new River kits at a very reasonable price, and official printing is a snip at $10. It's where I got my Arsenal de Sarandi kit from, and they're very helpful if you need any info.

On the flipside, avoid soccer10shop LIKE THE PLAGUE. They proclaimed to have said Chilavert top that I was looking for last November, and happily took my money only to later tell me that "they didn't actually have it stock". They were fuzzy on when it would be coming in, and it would take about a week's worth of irate emails from myself (threatening some form of legal action) before they would respond. They strung the whole thing along until a month ago when I finally said "Forget it, I want my money back", at which point I was ignored. I've only just got my money back this week, after a myriad of harshly-worded communications were fired their way.

This is the shirt that I've had the longest, (I had the Villa home jersey 1990-1991, but lost it some where along the line).

Marseille-91-Home-USE.jpg

Bought it in 1992. I went crazy looking for the away version at the time, but could never find it anywhere.

Well, if you've got a spare £250 my friend then today is your lucky day...

Click

Marseille-92-Away-Tags.jpg

Lovely kit, shame about the price! :o

Haha indeed it can! I am enjoying this topic?

Anyone ever ordered from Kitbag? I ordered the Holland away shirt on 25th March 2009 and its status is 'Picking' which apparently means still in their warehouse. I rang them last Friday and they said the hold up was the Nike names and numbers but they came in last Wednesday and that I should expect the shirt either today or tomorrow! No sign of it just yet! It's a bit of a joke that they have it as in stock on their website! If it doesn't arrived tomorrow I'll be on the phone!

Has anyone had trouble with them before?

Haha indeed it can! I am enjoying this topic?

Anyone ever ordered from Kitbag? I ordered the Holland away shirt on 25th March 2009 and its status is 'Picking' which apparently means still in their warehouse. I rang them last Friday and they said the hold up was the Nike names and numbers but they came in last Wednesday and that I should expect the shirt either today or tomorrow! No sign of it just yet! It's a bit of a joke that they have it as in stock on their website! If it doesn't arrived tomorrow I'll be on the phone!

Has anyone had trouble with them before?

I assume you mean 2010 or I'd let it go..

Indeed I do, living in the past. I'll start typing 2010 in November lol!

Rang Kitbag and the hold up is the printing on one of the three shirts, New Zeland away shirt. So they say they can't release the other two shirts as they have to post all the shirts together, muppets!

• 4 months later...

What with all the doom & gloom that's flying about I'd thought I'd treat myself; just bought a Trabzonspor 09/10 jersey with "Colman 20" on the back. This be the beast...

Colmana_ne_oldu.jpg

The Turkish economy must be in a dire old way; with printing & shipping it came to just 65 TL, or £27 to thee and me. :shock:

Might have to invest in a few more at some point. They may have dumped us out of the UEFA cup in '94, but they do love their claret & blue in Trabzon. Here's hoping they dick the Plop eight ways from Sunday in the Europa League this year. :thumb:

Â