70 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

Well, Heskey wasn't to blame for decimating the UK ship building industry, but then Thatch wasn't incredibly inept in the penalty area for Villa. It's a tough one.

It is tough.

Maggie T killed off the UK's coal industry, whilst Emily is single handedly killing off Villa's goal industry.

:mrgreen:

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and they will increase VAT to 20%

just using a pen and the back of an envelope that will bring in around 15.75 bn .. however i reckon if you applied standard VAT rate to zero rated goods that would generate around 24 bn .. so a FTW solution would be to pledge to keep VAT at 17.5% and not break any promises by bringing in the new VAT ... simples

Thatcher on the other hand was personally responsible for decisions and actions that were overwhelmingly bad

I seem to recall she is often regarded as Britain's best Post war PM .. so on whose yardstick are you defining bad ?

Labour had already started shutting down the mines before she came to power and had they stayed in power they would still have done so ... Scargil and the unions ought to share the burden of hatred as much as anyone ..

Many communities didn't recover but loo at her initiatives in the North East , Sunderland for example did bear fruit and secure jobs for many people .. Being down South I can even remember the local gripe was how Bloody Thatcher was giving all the jobs to the North for a while

Thatcher on the other hand was personally responsible for decisions and actions that were overwhelmingly bad

I seem to recall she is often regarded as Britain's best Post war PM .. so on whose yardstick are you defining bad ?

Labour had already started shutting down the mines before she came to power and had they stayed in power they would still have done so ... Scargil and the unions ought to share the burden of hatred as much as anyone ..

Many communities didn't recover but loo at her initiatives in the North East , Sunderland for example did bear fruit and secure jobs for many people .. Being down South I can even remember the local gripe was how Bloody Thatcher was giving all the jobs to the North for a while

Go and tell that to those living in the areas affected such as Worksop and see what reaction you get from the people who lived through it in those areas and still live with the consequences. I know plenty and I can imagine the strength of the response you would get.

As for best PM since the war, by who exactly other than the Tory party?

Guest Ricardomeister

Thatcher often regarded as the best post war PM? :crylaugh: I've heard it all now!

That's true, when they do these polls or whatever for TV or papers. It's far from my opinion, and it's my opinion that affects my vote, not that of some random sample of media questioned people wherever.

They don't do "worst ever" polls so much, if at all, but I reckon Witch would feature high up on them, if they did - because she polarised opinion like no one since, or before. Which is kind of appropriate as she split the country.

If you want to see something completely farcical, look out for images/video of Brown's visit to a family's living room today. Just saw on it on the news and it could only have looked worse if there was a plastic patio chair dragged in. I think it was supposed to be a personal, but the thing looked ridiculous, there was 25 people ushered in and Mr and Mrs Brown (why the wife, Gordon?) perched awkwardly on some chairs with the hosts.

Maggie Thatcher supporters forget to mention that her "much needed" plans also tripled child poverty under her reign.

Child poverty grew very rapidly in the 1980s but there hadn't ever been recorded figures for it pre 1979 .. however it started to decline in the 90's having reached a peak in 92 , 5 years before Labour came to power

but like all stats they can be manipulated as one sees fit ... If you look at London ‘after housing costs’ – Inner London is deemed to be running with Child poverty at 52%

for the record UNICEF’s ‘Child Poverty in Rich Countries 2005’ League placed the UK 20th out of 26 countries. in 2007 we "improved" to 21st managing to fall behind power house nations like Turkey and Poland

so having boasted to remove it , what have 13 years of Labour government achieved .. the answer can be found in this rather telling headline from Tuesday 27th March 2007 “Disastrous rise in Child Poverty” .. Barnardos said that ministers were a long way from honouring that pledge to halve child poverty by 2010 and described it as a “moral disgrace”

That's true, when they do these polls or whatever for TV or papers. It's far from my opinion, and it's my opinion that affects my vote, not that of some random sample of media questioned people wherever.

They don't do "worst ever" polls so much, if at all, but I reckon Witch would feature high up on them, if they did - because she polarised opinion like no one since, or before. Which is kind of appropriate as she split the country.

Blandy once again you appear to have crawled inside my head and posted my thoughts, please continue to do so as you do so in a far better way than I likely could.

Blandy once again you appear to have crawled inside my head and posted my thoughts, please continue to do so as you do so in a far better way than I likely could.

aka "This" :winkold: :lol:

come and join me in blandshire Ash.

a wonderful utopia.

maggie T has never existed. Marx's portrait on all the money. peace and goodwill are rife, and each man reaps what he sows.

:P

a few too many fences though, at Pete's insistence :winkold:

a wonderful utopia.

maggie T has never existed. Marx's portrait on all the money. peace and goodwill are rife, and each man reaps what he sows.

I hate to question the foundations of blandfordshire but Marx, on money??? Surely that shouldn't be allowed?

a wonderful utopia.

I hate to question the foundations of blandfordshire but Marx, on money??? Surely that shouldn't be allowed?

:)

there are no Fords in Blandshire Ash. Cycles only. :winkold:

however i reckon if you applied standard VAT rate to zero rated goods that would generate around 24 bn .. so a FTW solution would be to pledge to keep VAT at 17.5% and not break any promises by bringing in the new VAT ... simples

:shock:

After recovering from that initial shock, I'm just glad that you're not responsible for any future government policy. :P

I had an email from David Cameron this afternoon.

"Dear Robert" it began.......where the **** did he get my email address???

a wonderful utopia.

Maggie never existed? Oh dear, count me out. :shock: