PL: Fulham a Match Thread 2010/01/30 15:00

limpid

Another tough prem fixture. This is as losable as it is winnable so lets not get on their backs if they dont come home with 3 points

Exactly - we could easily get a goal behind but we need to get behind them. It won't take much to drown out the home support as they're a bunch of mutes so let's make it feel like we're at home.

They are suffering with injuries (Dempsey and Zamora are big losses for them) so we should be going for a win taking into account some of the games we've got coming up!

2-1.....

Martin O'Neill has hailed Stiliyan Petrov his captain courageous after seeing the midfielder battle through the pain barrier.

Petrov has been struggling with an achilles injury for the past few weeks but this has not stopped the skipper from turning out in claret and blue.

O'Neill admits Petrov is a concern ahead of the Fulham clash but hopes the influential star will declare himself fit for the top-flight tussle.

The skipper's courage and dedication to the cause has delighted the Villa boss.

He said: "Stiliyan has been remarkable. I think he set the tone of the game the other night [against Arsenal].

"He got into the game early on, he drove us forward very early and he has been really fantastic.

"As a captain, I couldn't ask anymore of him with the things he has done on and off the field.

Advertisement

"He tries to look after the players as well as possible, as well as any captain I have ever known.

"And on the field in the last two seasons, he has been fantastic.

"His injury is a concern. We have to keep monitoring it. He didn't train today. James [Milner] didn't train today, Gabby [Agbonlahor] didn't train today either. But I am hoping all three will be available tomorrow.

"We have a free week after that. There aren't too many [free weeks] coming up but that is a free week and then we are at it again. We will have to be very careful but we will see how things go."

Click

Very worrying if those 2 were injured. :shock:

They are suffering with injuries (Dempsey and Zamora are big losses for them) so we should be going for a win taking into account some of the games we've got coming up!

Zamora is back BTW, played against Spurs.

It will rain goals if we get off the mark early.

1-3 to the Villa.

How you figure that one out?

They have not been beaten at home since early October and we haven't scored in 4 premier league games!

1-3 to the Villa.

They have not been beaten at home since early October and we haven't scored in 4 premier league games!

And it's got to change sooner or later. 3-0 Villa.

1-3 to the Villa.

And it's got to change sooner or later. 3-0 Villa.

Sounds good to me, i'm just a little concerned half our most influential players didn't train yesterday?!

Should be a good game today. Fulham are excellent at home so it'll be a tough one. A win would be a boost and would keep us not too far away from the other contenders, our fixtures get much easier in a couple of weeks so as long as we don't lose too much ground we've every chance of a good finish to the season.

I'd like to see Gabby score today, getting him back amongst the goals will be absolutely crucial to the rest of this year.

- Friedel -

- L. Young - Cuellar - Dunne - Shorey

- A. Young - Petrov - Milner - Downing

- Gabby - Heskey/Fonz.

Need to start playing Fonz I reckon, see how he gets on against teams like this! Anyway I somehow just can't see us coming away with 3 pts today.

- Friedel -

-Cuellar - Collins - Dunne - L Young

-A Young - Milner - Petrov* - Downing

- Heskey - Agbonlahor -

I reckon.

The question is who comes in if Petrov doesn't make it. Natural back up is injured, Gardner has gone, I don't think Delph is naturally a defensive midfielder so I guess it would have to be Sidwell which would worry me a great deal.