PL: Arsenal h Match Thread 2010/01/27 19:45

limpid

Arsenal (4-5-1): Almunia, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy, Rosicky, Fabregas, Denilson, Arshavin, Eduardo.

Subs: Fabianski, Nasri, Walcott, Traore, Campbell, Eastmond, Bendtner.

Thank you. Even though I feel they are stronger than us going forward and it scares me(even with 10 players) :D ; I feel we could get something from this.

it's fine, there's only 10

i dont particulaly rate shorey, but surely it would have made sense to play him and put luke young back on the right? whats the point of recalling him otherwise?? he could even have had young at LB but put beye Rb if he really didnt want shorey starting

as it is carlos is once again out of position on the right. i could understand it against blackburn to counter their hight and set pieces, but arsenal dont play like that. i know he will do his best and work hard but i fear hes gonna really struggle against the likes of arshavin down the wing.

and i just cannot understand how he thinks jimmy and a half fit stan, no matter how hard they work can cope with arsenals 3 man midfield that contains fabregas. we got overrun at the emirates with them both fully fit!!

everyones gonna have to play a great game and work very hard to get a result tonight. heskey in particular has a vital role- he needs to get back to help the midfield and also make sure the ball sticks to him upfront.

Got faith in our players but I agree, think we're gonna get badly over-run in midfield. Be happier with Sidwell next to Petrov with Milner the more advanced of a 3 man midfield, Downing-Gabby-Young as the front 3. But, fingers crossed and goodluck to the boys!

He shouldnt be on the bloody pitch! After reading his comments earlier about playing through an achilles injury I dread to wonder that all Arse will have to do is walk through our midfielder. NRC could have given us a real option in this game, MON really has his favourites and NRC is definately off in the summer!

Coker is injured, isn't he?

I thought the report the other day said he's got a knee problem that is worse than first thought.

i dont particulaly rate shorey, but surely it would have made sense to play him and put luke young back on the right? whats the point of recalling him otherwise?? he could even have had young at LB but put beye Rb if he really didnt want shorey starting

as i understand it, shoreys loan has expired, he wasnt recalled. forest want to extend it but as it stands he is no longer on loan there.

as i understand it, shoreys loan has expired, he wasnt recalled. forest want to extend it but as it stands he is no longer on loan there.

On the stream I'm watching Martin Tyler said Villa recalled Shorey from his loan as cover.