PL: Arsenal h Match Thread 2010/01/27 19:45

limpid

we will lose 3 or 4 nil imo

We're having one of our best seasons for a long time, our opponents have just lost 3-1 to Stoke in the cup and we've lost 3 of our last 15 league games and we get predictions like this. :shock:

Ahh it's Richard so acceptable. :winkold:

I thought it was acceptable because it was an opinion expressed honestly?

I think it would be acceptable if anyone expressed that opinion actually.

Have a go yourself and see if it's accepted. Or are only positive predictions acceptable?

When was the last time we lost a home game 3 or 4 nil? I don't think we lost a home game by that score when we were utter shite under O'Leary so dosen't make sense to me given our status in the league.

And you're saying we'll lose by that margin to a team who've just lost a cup tie 3-1 at Stoke.

Given that we lost 3-0 to them four weeks ago and it could have been 7 or 8 I don't think this is that outrageous!

In that game, Fabregas only played 27 mins I think but will probably start tomorrow night. Having said that I think they will miss Diaby and Song.

I think we can beat them but will need to match their three in midfield to do so and press them like we did at their place last year. To quote the arsenal view from the Arsenal News Review site:

"If Aston Villa win, they'll do it by scoring from set-pieces. If Arsenal win, they'll do it with goals from Vermaelen and Fabregas.

Villa's main quality is organisation, Arsenal's main quality is skill.

The best way to beat Arsenal is to play like Fulham but Aston Villa can't play that way and won't play that way.

They won't play a high back line and press. They'll defend deep and let Arsenal establish a rhythm and let them have the ball in wide areas."

I personally agree with this view BUT I think we could play this way but MON doesn't like to.

Yes because football always works like that, I thought we were very comfortable at half time at the emirates and 3-0 flattered Arseanl although they obviously deserved to win the game. Arsenal drew at Burnley a few weeks back so forgive me if I don't think they're all that invincible.

As for the injuries, methinks Petrov will play as we're a bit short in central midfield depth with Gardner gone and NRC injured but MON if he's struggling after 70 minutes, take him off!

----------------Friedel--------------

Cuellar--Collins--Dunne--L.Young

A.Young--Milner-Sidwell--Downing

---------Gabby---Heskey----------

That's assuming Petrov isn't passed fit before the game, no doubts it will be tough but Villa under O'Neill have usually handled Arsenal pretty well and we were only undone in December by a freakishly good Fabregas performance. I'll going for a draw.

Fabregas has been THAT good all season long.

14 goals and 17 assists is remarkable in half a season

He's also hit 4 for spain recently

we will lose 3 or 4 nil imo

We're having one of our best seasons for a long time, our opponents have just lost 3-1 to Stoke in the cup and we've lost 3 of our last 15 league games and we get predictions like this. :shock:

Ahh it's Richard so acceptable. :winkold:

I thought it was acceptable because it was an opinion expressed honestly?

I think it would be acceptable if anyone expressed that opinion actually.

Have a go yourself and see if it's accepted. Or are only positive predictions acceptable?

When was the last time we lost a home game 3 or 4 nil? I don't think we lost a home game by that score when we were utter shite under O'Leary so dosen't make sense to me given our status in the league.

And you're saying we'll lose by that margin to a team who've just lost a cup tie 3-1 at Stoke.

Given that we lost 3-0 to them four weeks ago and it could have been 7 or 8 I don't think this is that outrageous!

In that game, Fabregas only played 27 mins I think but will probably start tomorrow night. Having said that I think they will miss Diaby and Song.

I think we can beat them but will need to match their three in midfield to do so and press them like we did at their place last year. To quote the arsenal view from the Arsenal News Review site:

"If Aston Villa win, they'll do it by scoring from set-pieces. If Arsenal win, they'll do it with goals from Vermaelen and Fabregas.

Villa's main quality is organisation, Arsenal's main quality is skill.

The best way to beat Arsenal is to play like Fulham but Aston Villa can't play that way and won't play that way.

They won't play a high back line and press. They'll defend deep and let Arsenal establish a rhythm and let them have the ball in wide areas."

I personally agree with this view BUT I think we could play this way but MON doesn't like to.

Yes because football always works like that, I thought we were very comfortable at half time at the emirates and 3-0 flattered Arseanl although they obviously deserved to win the game. Arsenal drew at Burnley a few weeks back so forgive me if I don't think they're all that invincible.

As for the injuries, methinks Petrov will play as we're a bit short in central midfield depth with Gardner gone and NRC injured but MON if he's struggling after 70 minutes, take him off!

We are in good form at the moment having taken 23 points from 27.Villa away is a tough game no doubt though and we'll have to play well to get a win.

I think Arsenal will miss Diarby and Song. They have been the real grit in the midfield and have been a big part of arsenals success this season. Think this will be a draw.

You are correct with regards to diaby and song.Song has been very consistent and improved by leaps and bounds.Diaby always had talent but injury problems and poor decision making had not helped.This season he also shown signs of improvement.Not as effectively as Song but could get their.Glad to see both have been tied to new "long term" contracts and with Cesc also on a mega 8 year deal we have some stability over our positions in midfield.

That said Rambo (expected to start) is a huge talent himself and from whom we expect big things in the future.He's been getting more game time and certainly has impressed.

Fabregas,Denilson and Ramsey i think will start in midfield.

Bendtner and Nasri on the bench the latest from AW.

Should we really be playing a defensive formation in a home match? I might agree if we were away but I'd rather see two out & out strikers.

Depends if we can have enough possession in midfield otherwise not getting the ball to the two upfront is pointless.

Should we really be playing a defensive formation in a home match? I might agree if we were away but I'd rather see two out & out strikers.

But we have to control their midfield, and our 4 can't do that, so 5 in the midfield is a better formation. Plus if we put Delph in, then he will add more options upfront than Heskey.

You need a defensive midfield against Arsenal.....home or away. They way they keep the ball you need some that is able to win it back for u so i say stick with Sidwell tonight. Kind of game that might suit him. As for delph see how it is after an hour and whether worth the risk throwing him on or not.