PL: Arsenal h Match Thread 2010/01/27 19:45

limpid

Perhaps Aston Villa should treat this game as a cup tie. Since having no answer to a Spanish inquisition by Cesc Fabregas in the reverse fixture a month ago, Villa have lost all three league games without scoring but won four cup matches in which 20 goals were plundered.

BBC thinkin' that a 0-0 draw and a game getting cancelled counts as two losses

Should we really be playing a defensive formation in a home match? I might agree if we were away but I'd rather see two out & out strikers.

defensive? Sorry but were we defensive last year when we hit the bar and post about 4 times and dominated the match. Or Brighton in a 4-5-1 secod half? Just because you play with one striker doesn't make you defensive or are barca, arsenal boring fo playing 4-5-1 at home? When you have downing young delph milner on midfid then we can control the game ad be as attacking as we like. 2 stokers doesn't mean attacking look at our game vs spurs for exapmle

Friedel

L.Young

Dunne

Cuellar

Collins

Petrov

Delph

Milner

A.Young

Downing

Agbonlahor

thats teh team i would go for. fabrgeas at stoke he was bullied throughout the maych and was ineffective. if nrc was fit i would say play him and do the same. but we may have to rely on delph to do this. cant see mon dropping heskey though.

sidwell was outstanding against arsenal last season so i wouldnt rule him out

That good news that Diaby is out, he was excellent against us at xmas. With him and song gone it does leave them vulerable defensivily in midfield so should be a bit of room for Milner to try and work his magic.

Diaby has been key to both our recent losses IMO

That good news that Diaby is out, he was excellent against us at xmas. With him and song gone it does leave them vulerable defensivily in midfield so should be a bit of room for Milner to try and work his magic.

Diaby has been key to both our recent losses IMO

One loss my friend. Although point taken that he was superb for them in the 2-2 darw here last season.

Another shout for a 4-5-1 from me. Even though we are at home. The way to stop Arsenal is by giving their midfield as little time and space as possible. Stick either NRC or Delph in there with Stan and Jimmy and keep a high line. We have to keep posession more than we usually do as well. I think 1-1 or 2-2.

Looking forward to this game as I think this is the real litmus test of whether we can compete for 4th this season or not. Can't help but think both teams would take a draw. Hopefully I can get a good stream

If you went with Delph instead of Sidwell from the start do you think he would be able to control his disciple in such a big game. He seems to get booked almost every game he plays and you would be a bit worried that he might be a bit over keen to show what he has tonight and if we go down to 10 men i think that would be it.

I would start with sidwell and access from there.

If you went with Delph instead of Sidwell from the start do you think he would be able to control his disciple in such a big game. He seems to get booked almost every game he plays and you would be a bit worried that he might be a bit over keen to show what he has tonight and if we go down to 10 men i think that would be it.

I would start with sidwell and access from there.

Delph for me every time over Sidders. Think the latter adds very little, other than hard work, in a 4-3-3. Delph can play football and allow Jimmy to push on.

I don't think this game will be massively physical, particularly without Song and Diaby, so for me it is just about having numbers in there to stop Fabregas, Denilson + 1 passing around the central two in triangles and then playing our football against their weakness of not having a naturally defensive DCM.