Rugby Union: General Chat (inc 6 Nations)

chrissmith921

Who will win the 6 Nations?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 6 Nations?

• England
    • France
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Scotland
    • Wales

Except England have a good record against the French and then play Ireland@Twickenham.
frank sinatra had some pretty good records, but he wouldn't beat france. England have really poor recent form (autumn internationals) and only beat wales because of the sinbin.

Except England have a good record against the French and then play Ireland@Twickenham.

Nope, you play us first at Twickenham.

I don't think you'll win against Ireland, as like it or not we are still some way better than England.

France are a class above.

I didnt say that was the order of fixtures i was merely stating we can beat france and then have home advantage vs Ireland.Only because France beat Ireland it dosnt mean no-one else will beat them Ireland arnt all that especially away from home.Underestimate England all you want but were still by far the most successful team in the northern hemisphere in recent years and only takes one tournament to click ala wordcup 2007(where we beat France again i might add).

Six Nations Table (2000–2009)

[table][row] [col][col]Pld[col] W[col] D[col] L[col] PF[col] PA[col] PD[col] Tries[col] Pts[col] Champs[col] GS[col] TC[col] WS

[row][col]France[col] 50[col] 36[col] 0[col] 14[col] 1372[col] 887[col] 485[col] 138[col] 72[col] 4[col] 2[col] N/A[col] 0

[row][col]Ireland[col] 50[col] 36[col] 0[col] 14[col] 1309[col] 993[col] 316[col] 133[col] 72[col] 1[col] 1[col] 4[col] 0

[row][col]England[col] 50[col] 33[col] 0[col] 17[col] 1511[col] 786[col] 725[col] 169[col] 66[col] 3[col] 1[col] 2[col] 0

[row][col]Wales[col] 50[col] 23[col] 2[col] 25[col] 1127[col] 1221[col] −94[col] 107[col] 48[col] 2[col] 2[col] 2[col] 1

[row][col]Scotland[col] 50[col] 14[col] 1[col] 35[col] 817[col] 1310[col] −493[col] 61[col] 29[col] 0[col] 0[col] 0[col] 2

[row][col]Italy[col] 50[col] 6[col] 1[col] 43[col] 768[col] 1707[col] −939[col] 62[col] 13[col] 0[col] 0[col] N/A[col] 7[/table]

The french looked really good; very few mistakes and really good handling.

Bastareaud is a beast and Jauzion looked back to his best.

Ireland had chances but even if they'd taken those, they'd still have come out second best.

Flannery was disgraceful and ought to book himself a couple of months in the caribbean. Silly muppet.

Bastareaud will be the best player in the world in no time.

He reminds me of Tana Umaga.

Yep.

First comparison I made in my mind (and not just because of his colour, build, hair, &c. - he has the power, pace and handling of Umaga - let's just hope he doesn't go in for spear tackles!)

Six Nations Table (2000–2009)

[table][row] [col][col]Pld[col] W[col] D[col] L[col] PF[col] PA[col] PD[col] Tries[col] Pts[col] Champs[col] GS[col] TC[col] WS

[row][col]France[col] 50[col] 36[col] 0[col] 14[col] 1372[col] 887[col] 485[col] 138[col] 72[col] 4[col] 2[col] N/A[col] 0

[row][col]Ireland[col] 50[col] 36[col] 0[col] 14[col] 1309[col] 993[col] 316[col] 133[col] 72[col] 1[col] 1[col] 4[col] 0

[row][col]England[col] 50[col] 33[col] 0[col] 17[col] 1511[col] 786[col] 725[col] 169[col] 66[col] 3[col] 1[col] 2[col] 0

[row][col]Wales[col] 50[col] 23[col] 2[col] 25[col] 1127[col] 1221[col] −94[col] 107[col] 48[col] 2[col] 2[col] 2[col] 1

[row][col]Scotland[col] 50[col] 14[col] 1[col] 35[col] 817[col] 1310[col] −493[col] 61[col] 29[col] 0[col] 0[col] 0[col] 2

[row][col]Italy[col] 50[col] 6[col] 1[col] 43[col] 768[col] 1707[col] −939[col] 62[col] 13[col] 0[col] 0[col] N/A[col] 7[/table]

How many of them Italy wins were against Scotland :D

Not really, the problem with having a man or two down only becomes evident when your players get sucked into a ruck, exposing those outside them. Thats what happened.

They should've commited less at the breakdown and focused on the backline, because it was pretty obvious they were just trying to get it to Shane Williams and hoping he does something, which he did.

To be fair they looked shattered, and it was the Refs fault that he should've blown up when it was a draw.

Still, similar to Ireland, Scotland were their own enemy with their indiscipline, story of this 6 nations it seems.

Well like football the game is all about opinions and on this one mine differs from yours, to say Scotland should have just committed less men to the break down is in my view a little simplistic and wouldn't have solved the problem.

Sure Wales drew men into the ruck and sure Scotland committed men to that but realistically what option did they have? They were effectively on their try line, they could have spread their line out wide but then Wales would likely have driven over the line with the forwards and then someone would be being critical that they left themselves short in the breakdown.

Just about the only things that were going to stop Wales scoring was a turnover or some kind of error by Wales.

Very poor performance from England today. When will they let the backs run. We have some brilliant runners out there but the game plan is far too restrictive for them.

When I used to play I had a coach who just liked the forwards play, I hated playing under him, I went from scoring 20+ tries a season to 3 the following..

Very poor performance from England today. When will they let the backs run. We have some brilliant runners out there but the game plan is far too restrictive for them.

When I used to play I had a coach who just liked the forwards play, I hated playing under him, I went from scoring 20+ tries a season to 3 the following..

Yeah I was a winger and I played under one of those as well, it sucked.

Thing is you kind of answered your own question, look who are head coach is. I'm not saying we should replace him but he is always going to favour a game based on the pack in my view.

The same wales who couldnt beat Scotland with 15 men? and only won cuz wales had 2 players sent off.

yeh that makes sense not the fact England beat France 34-10 last year,the championship will be between France,Ireland And England this year and if England beat France in ghey Paris and we have a decent recent record against the frogs England will win the 6 nations.

Still fancy us in Paris after todays performance? I can't say I do much but you never know with England.

Â