Rugby Union: General Chat (inc 6 Nations)

chrissmith921

Who will win the 6 Nations?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 6 Nations?

• England
    • France
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Scotland
    • Wales

Also, is anyone else really looking forward to seeing France vs Ireland for the first time since the Henry incident (I know it is a different sport but surely some people in the crowd like both).
I'll bet those cheating Frogs will handle the ball again.

From the form of the 2 Scottish sides this year, shouldnt they be looking at a good tournament?

Do they have the level of injuries that England / Wales are complaining of? (I think Wales' are brought on themselves - regionalisation....)

To be honest, I've been a bit fair-weather over the last couple of years so I've not been following progress too much. I probably know more about Welsh rugby at the moment with all the time I spend down there. I think I'm just being a bit of a dour Scot about it all. We've been poor for the last few years and every year we go into the 6 nations expecting a turnaround in fortunes only to be battling with Italy for the spoon.

As ever, I'd expect one favourable shock result and a bunch of poor performances.

I think it will be Ireland or France to win it but no grand slam, but you never know.

I have tickets for the England v Wales game, I was meant to be playing Neath at the Gnoll on that day but I think I will be still injured so may go to Twickers instead!.

Speaking of form.....qualifiers for european cup quarter finals

Pool 1 winners – Munster

Pool 2 winners – Biarritz Olympique

Pool 3 winners – ASM Clermont Auvergne

Pool 4 winners – Stade Français Paris

Pool 5 winners – Toulouse

Pool 6 winners – Leinster

Pool 2 runners up – Ospreys

Pool 1 runners up – Northampton Saints

Four french, 2 irish, 1 welsh, 1 english. Obviously the french are running a lot of imports in their teams, but still a good showing.

Speaking of form.....qualifiers for european cup quarter finals

Pool 1 winners – Munster

Pool 2 winners – Biarritz Olympique

Pool 3 winners – ASM Clermont Auvergne

Pool 4 winners – Stade Français Paris

Pool 5 winners – Toulouse

Pool 6 winners – Leinster

Pool 2 runners up – Ospreys

Pool 1 runners up – Northampton Saints

Four french, 2 irish, 1 welsh, 1 english. Obviously the french are running a lot of imports in their teams, but still a good showing.

Then again, the welsh may be down to zero. Nah - of course they won't be thrown out - if quins are allowed to compete after bloodgate - a deliberate attempt to deceive and gain advantage through deception, then accidently having an extra player on the pitch will only be punished by a little fine. A more amicable solution could be to replay the game

Really enjoyed that Ospreys game. Proper tense, hard fought stuff.

Be interesting to see what comes out of 16 Playersgate or whatever it's being called. Quite enjoyed the fact that it was against Leicester though, who haven't exactly been strangers to a bit of cheating over the years. Neil Back against Munster in the final all those years ago springs to mind.

Â