Rugby Union: General Chat (inc 6 Nations)

chrissmith921

Who will win the 6 Nations?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 6 Nations?

• England
    • France
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Scotland
    • Wales

More Irish infringement, still no cards from the ref.

Don't get me wrong, Ireland are much the better side and deserve their lead, but some consistency from the ref would be nice

True Ireland getting away with a lot in relation to the sin bin early on

Im now waiting for the welsh second half come back as seen before this tourney.........Bring on O`gara he cant be anyworse than sexton

Can't see it mate. You defend too well, and we're too sloppy

Pretty dire again and not much effort at trying to run it until Foden came on.

No worries on that score, we'll soon train that adventurous spirit out of him.

That's it for me Snowy. I think England do have the players, but not the mentality to let them express themselves. It's the old Leicester approach of stick it up the jumper, kick the points and grind it out. That's OK if it works, but very one dimensional if it doesn't.

I think a lot of it is johnson's fault.

Which part? We simply haven't the players.

I think the way we're playing at the moment reflects Martin Johnson's career as a player, apart from the fact Johnson often ended up on the winning side, whereas England are not.

We've been going through this transitional phase since the end of the World Cup winning campaign and really suffered having lost so many quality players and leader like Johnson, Back, Hill, Dallagio etc. But we've got a lot of good young players, but we don't seem to making much in the way of prrgress. Big improvement needed between now and the World Cup.

ok granted that is fair critism there is an element of that in Johnson's tactics I'll accept that. I don't though accept that we have the ball carriers, the line breaking backs to cut lose and run through back lines, I just don't see those players.

Great to hear the Italian teams got into the Magners league so hopefully the interest will spread and the team gets better.

Ireland seem to be clinical, which is nice. Wales seem to be on walkabout and Scotland are improving steadily. England, well were does one start? Pragmatic stubborn clearing in the woods as a coach will get you no where. They have the players, the coaching and selection however is completely wrong.

I think a lot of it is johnson's fault.

Which part? We simply haven't the players.

The focus in English rugby is on size more than it is on talent. To have a 6'5 winger is seen as the norm now rather than a freakish outcome. That boy at Bath - Banahan(??) - he's not even that quick, why is he out on the wing?

Â