• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Sidwell (for Heskey 71)

Yeah... just to echo, our support was incredible last night and it's easily the best support we've had for an away game this season. There wasn't a 5-minute period where we didn't sing and when we sung it was VERY loud... it was so loud you could of mistaken us for the home team haha. Blackburn's support was just pathetic... 14,000 lol. I nearly fell off my chair when Martin Tyler said before the match kicked off "this is a big match tonight for blackburn and the blackburn fans who will raise the roof off ewood park".

So yeah, kudos to all our fans last night... excellent chanting and singing, hopefully the atmosphere can be like that for the 2nd leg which I'll be at!

short and sweet. chuffed with the result, i said i would of taken a score draw before the game. still thought we should of won by more though.

the support was fantastic from our fans you could hear the our fans clearly for the whole game on sky.

Milner absolute quality and definately my MOM.

Lets finish the job off next week, hope its a sell out.

Job done, not a fantastic performance but Milner played very well and most of our players put in a good shift. Guzan still looks a little shaky but that will change in time.

The support was fantastic, singing all the way through and barely a peep from the "home fans". Blackburn look like a team destined for relegation IMO, if you can't get 15,000 for a domestic semi-final then god help you when the chips are down. They played like a bunch of cloggers who make all sorts of mistakes and will probably be in the relegation mix come the end of the season.

The ref had an absolute useless game, no way was that a dive by Gabby, Salgado and Benni should have walked and we should have got a penalty for that handball. I don't think he was up to this tie to be honest.

Unless we throw it away at VP I think we have one foot in the final. Blackburn don't pose too much of a threat and we can only lose this ourselves in the second leg.

The fans were as great as the ref was poor. He had a shocker and Blackburn took advantage of his weakness and unwillingness to make a brave decision. Countless fouls on A Young, the last one was followed up with him being shoved and pushed around in a sort of bullying type manner, disgraceful.

The tackle on Downing from McCarthy was an absolute disgrace and he was lucky not to have a broke his leg. Collins took a forearm smash to his head that IMO was deliberate.

The return leg will be tough. Blackburn will be very physical and will either bully us off the park or have a player sent off. I also hope we contest Gabby's yellow card.

MOTM would be Milner, but Downing was very close and looks to be growing into a fantastic player for us. A Young..........will the real A Young please stand up? If he was half the player we know he can be, the goal would be flying in. He will find form IMO and the quicker he does then the quicker we wil become a top 4 team. UTV

PS The fans were unbelievable, watched it on a Arabic channel and the noise they made was....... :notworthy:

Not been on since I got back. Overall very pleased with the outcome, but it should have been so much more. Not seen the highlights or read through the whole thread, but the bloke next to me said we should have had 2 penalties in the 1st half? The Gabby 'dive' was one, what was the other?

Could have burried them in the first half, but I'll ake a win back to VP, especially as we were fortunate a few times with them hitting the woodwork.

Jimmy is fantastic in the middle. Really reminds me of Barry, just with a bit more of an attacking instinct about him.

but the bloke next to me said we should have had 2 penalties in the 1st half? The Gabby 'dive' was one, what was the other?

Right at the end of the first half when Clattenburg gave a free kick from the corner that Robinson saved for handball was actually Chimbonda's hand.

but the bloke next to me said we should have had 2 penalties in the 1st half? The Gabby 'dive' was one, what was the other?

Right at the end of the first half when Clattenburg gave a free kick from the corner that Robinson saved for handball was actually Chimbonda's hand.

Ah right, didn't notice that on.

I thought Clattenburg was the ref as well, programme said it was Bennett. How come he pulled out?

Shame we didn`t finish it off as were played the much better footy. Struggled a bit with their hoof but in the main we were pretty comfortable. At least we got the win, we will have to go again in the second leg though. Lets just hope Clatts decisions don`t cost us.

Ah right, didn't notice that on.

I thought Clattenburg was the ref as well, programme said it was Bennett. How come he pulled out?

At the other end so I didn't really see it either but got a text at half time saying we should have had two penalties and managed to get in after just as the highlights were starting on SS3. From where I was Gabby certainly didn't look like he dived at all and seeing it again confirmed this.

Should be absolutely no problems for you in the second leg. We will come and do our usual "Try not to concede and maybe pinch a goal", but will end up conceding within 20 minutes and the flood gates will open.

Unless of course by some miracle we sack Sam by then and actually have somebody in charge who wants to play football...