• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Sidwell (for Heskey 71)

there were at least 6 guilt edge chances carved out, and that's being harsh on the definition of guilt edge.

Gilt

Grammartime977.jpg

Couldn't let a student get away with a howler like that :winkold:

Just got back!

Fernhurst before we brilliant as always.

1st half we were quality, then after the goal we sat back as per. Was a bit frustrating we didn't kill the tie off but so saying that I'm pleased we won the game.

"YOU'VE ONLY GOT ONE BALL!"

Did what we needed to do, was to win the 1st leg, but did sidwell touch the ball when he come on?

He did AND he hassles, hurried and annoyed their olayers doing a professional job.

Must have missed that as didnt see him nowhere near the ball

Did what we needed to do, was to win the 1st leg, but did sidwell touch the ball when he come on?

He did AND he hassles, hurried and annoyed their olayers doing a professional job.

Must have missed that as didnt see him nowhere near the ball

He tackled their full-back and put him under pressure before winning it and playing it forward.

He made a few tackles, interventions, just did we had to do.

Although I wouldn't of chose Sidwell, the idea and tactical subsitution is exactly what I've wanted for a while now. The way Blackburn offered hardly anything going forward when Sidwell came out was obvious.

Well, that was an entertaining match. Have been celebrating and so have saved my thoughts until now.

I'm over the moon that we now have the 1-0 advantage and thought the players gave it their all.

Positives from the match:

1) There was some great passing in the middle of the park today and it was a joy to behold.

2) The defence held solid for a clean sheet.

3) We now have the advantage with the 1-0 away win.

4) We outplayed Blackburn for large parts of the match.

5) Downing was putting some fantastic crosses into the box.

6) Milner and Young played very well.

7) Gabby was a handful as always and Heskey even did some nice things this evening.

Negatives from the match:

1) We only won by one goal when it could (and should) have been more.

2) Guzan seemed to flap a bit a few times tonight.

3) We still lack that cutting edge infront of goal as there were lots of missed opportunities.

4) The ref. He was an utter word removed. We should have had two penalties and McCarthy should have been sent off for kicking Downing.

I'm extremely happy that we take our advantage into the second leg. However, I'm worried that we may regret missing the chances we had tonight. Although that doesn't just fall down to us. It also falls down to the ref, who should have awarded us with at least one penalty.

The fact of the matter is that we should have done better with other chances we had though. I'm happy with a 1-0 win though and would have taken a draw before the match.

Hopefully we can finish them off at VP and go all the way. It has been far too long. Credit to the lads tonight for working their socks off and giving it their all. It wasn't a perfect performance for the full 90 minutes, however we are by far the better side. Plus we could easily have won by more.

I also want to send a big compliment to our away support. It was absolutely fantastic. We deserve to get to the final for the support alone. The Blackburn supporters were an absolute disgrace and deserve absolutely no success.

What happens next is firmly in our hands. We just need to make sure we finish them off in the home leg and I believe we will. UTV!

Aye should have mentioned the support in my post earlier.

Everyone that went up there, you did us proud. Embarrassed the Blackburn support, you outsung them all match apart from their pathetic booing of Gabby at the end of the first half.

We do have cracking away support.

Just got back, what a bloody day!

Brilliant result, yes it should have been more, and by all accounts we should have had at least one penalty as well, but hey ho.

Our support tonight was absolutely superb, everyone jumping up and down and waving scarves for the whole of the second half. It reminded me of Rapid Vienna's away support, just brilliant!

If only a goal had been scored at our end and I am sure the roof would have well and truly been blown off. Blackburn deserve nothing, they're a shit team with a shit support.

It is ours to lose now. We have the advantage, we have the away goal. We have a rocking Villa Park to finish Blackburn off in, so no excuses now, we should be in that final.

"TWO BALLS! YOU'VE ONLY GOT TWO BALLS!" 8)

Just got back and cant rate as i was very drunk, i have no voice from singing but it was a brill day. :D

The Fenhurst didnt know what hit them as they were full by half 4 and stopped letting people in at one point.

The Downing Milner move was great but the vision from Cueller was superb. Looked a stone wall Penalty to me but it was at the other end, was it?

Great support everybody!!

I got back (Derby) about 45 mins ago. The signing was absolutely immense, as someone mentioned earlier the stand was actually shaking and 30 mins of MON's claret and blue army with brief pauses to sing something else was absolutely amazing.

However, that said we are nowhere near the final yet and 1-0 is by no means safe.

proud to be a villan after tonight... the atmosphere was electric pretty much throughout the game so a pat on the back for everyone who was there! :thumb:

got to the finish the job off on wednesday night now which we'll hopefully do, we showed we can play some good football tonight

just back...voice has been left there! Job done today, great passing at times, guzan looked a little iffy on crosses for some reason, but hey half way there! Martin O'neill's claret n blue army! (repeat to fade that never comes :D )