• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Sidwell (for Heskey 71)

Not an amazing game but one of the best aways I've been to in a while. When we scored I've never seen us go so mental!

I was in the upper but when the lower were jumping up and down waving scarves for a good 20-30 minutes it looked great, fair play. We need to get that going at more games...it looks great. Blackburn police officer said he's never seen celebrations like that when we scored...great away support. Atmosphere at the Fernhurst was quality. Sali Sali Fou, Bullet Bullet Proof :lol:

Milner was quality again, always running. Impressed with Dunne and Collins yet again but second half was a bit shite. We should be OK to Wembley now,can't see them scoring 2 more than us at VP.

We're the famous Aston Villa and we're off to Wemberly!

Not an amazing game but one of the best aways I've been to in a while. When we scored I've never seen us go so mental!

I was in the upper but when the lower were jumping up and down waving scarves for a good 20-30 minutes it looked great, fair play. We need to get that going at more games...it looks great. Blackburn police officer said he's never seen celebrations like that when we scored...great away support. Atmosphere at the Fernhurst was quality. Sali Sali Fou, Bullet Bullet Proof :lol:

Milner was quality again, always running. Impressed with Dunne and Collins yet again but second half was a bit shite. We should be OK to Wembley now,can't see them scoring 2 more than us at VP.

We're the famous Aston Villa and we're off to Wemberly!

That was brilliant, there were a couple of moments where i thought we were going to get a synchronised mosh on the go! It was easily the best away atmosphere i've been in, even pissed on blues away. I don't want to count my chickens but i'm going to anyway, if we get to Wembley the place will be bouncing!

what an absolute brill away support last night! i go to alot of away games but never heard anything like it last night. even outside the fernhurt drinking in the freezing weather, it was so loud. shame we did not get the second goal but would of settled for the 1-0 win before the game last night. need to finish the job off on wed now. could be a good thing if blackburn attack us as it would leave them open at the back. and our defence looks solid too. anyone know why young was not at right back?? was suprise at this before the game and wondered if had injury or something even though on the bench.

come on the villa!!

I think that he played carlos instead just for his ability in the air, and thats all Blackburn had really, long high balls. Carlos, Collison and Dunne delt with it well. Maybe young took a knock but that was me personal opinion.

Agree with posts above, i think that was probably the best away atmosphere i have been in, singing mon's claret and blue army with everyone jumping around swinging scarfs and tops around was a bgreat sight and very happy to have been amongst it all....even with a broken neck :-)

when the lower were jumping up and down waving scarves for a good 20-30 minutes it looked great, fair play. We need to get that going at more games...it looks great.

Absolutely this!

It's all too easy, when Villa mean so much to all of us that when the opposition team has a decent spell in the game, to all go quiet. I suppose it's a natural reaction and I myself am guilty of it. However last night, when Blackburn were getting corner after corner and bombarding our penalty box, the atmosphere was STILL simply electric. Everyone jumping up and down, waving scarves- I wish we'd all adopt that attitude more often because it sounds and looks bloody amazing and more importantly, it helps the team SO much. That's why I previously likened our support last night to that of Rapid Vienna's when they came to Villa Park and outsung us all night. I really wish we'd do this more often and I hope the supporters adopt a similar approach on Wednesday, and then at Wembley :winkold:

By the way, 'mtb_wm' cheers for the highlights, they're brilliant!

when the lower were jumping up and down waving scarves for a good 20-30 minutes it looked great, fair play. We need to get that going at more games...it looks great.

Absolutely this!

It's all too easy, when Villa mean so much to all of us that when the opposition team has a decent spell in the game, to all go quiet. I suppose it's a natural reaction and I myself am guilty of it. However last night, when Blackburn were getting corner after corner and bombarding our penalty box, the atmosphere was STILL simply electric. Everyone jumping up and down, waving scarves- I wish we'd all adopt that attitude more often because it sounds and looks bloody amazing and more importantly, it helps the team SO much. That's why I previously likened our support last night to that of Rapid Vienna's when they came to Villa Park and outsung us all night. I really wish we'd do this more often and I hope the supporters adopt a similar approach on Wednesday, and then at Wembley :winkold:

By the way, 'mtb_wm' cheers for the highlights, they're brilliant!

I'm game for it if you are! I agree that sometimes silence can be infectious, like whinging, but when we get behind the team like that we create an imperious atmosphere which must be picked up on by the players. If we replicate this at all away games and in the holte then it's be brilliant.

Superb result, and the support was incredible. We don't live all that far from Blackburn, and I swear to god we could almost hear you at the end of the M65! Excellent.

The Ref - well complete and utter shite game. I thought Gabby deserved a penalty, and that the handball incident is still completely bemusing. If people right back on the halfway line can see - why couldn't he? Petrov was lucky not to have a foot completely smashed by Salgado's stomp down 1st half, let alone Benni's kick out 2nd half. How the hell that wasn't a red card I don't know! What did he have to do - actually break a leg!? Thoroughly disappointing with the ref's overall performance.

Guzan does (and imo its always been his biggest weakness) need to improve his command of the area when high balls come in. He did gain more confidence as the game went on, but it is the weakest part of his game. But - for his age, I still feel he is an excellent goalkeeper and I'm sure as he experiences more games, he'll only improve. A lot of it is just better decision making.

Milner and Downing just seemed to run the midfield, and seem to be building up an excellent understanding. In face, overall I can't really fault anyone of the players last night. Some were better than others - but they all did their jobs well enough.

I'm also pleased we kept a clean sheet - And I also think its worth mentioning, that Blackburn, despite the league position have only been beaten twice in the league at home, and only won the last LC round on penalties - so to take a win from Ewood Park is no mean feat! I honestly thought we'd do well to get a draw.

Yes, I would have liked more of a goal advantage to bring back to Villa Park - but I still think we did well to get a result, and its a good moral boost for next week. UTV!

Blackburn have won 1 away match in 16 Premier League games and are without a win in 12.

There is only one thing standing between us and a place at Wembley now, and that isn't Blackburn Rovers, it's complacency on the part of ourselves.

If we play like we did last night on Wednesday then I have absolutely no doubt we will make it. But we have to start the game well, that is the key.

Obviously I am vey happy with a 1-0 away leg victory, and hopefully, barring complacency, we should be at Wembley.

However, I think last night highlighted more than ever the need for another striker very quickly. We can't go on dominating games without killing them off, it cost us against Liverpool, it kind of cost us against Arsenal as we could have been two up before Fabregas came on, and luckily it didn't cost us last night, but very nearly did.

Its now essential, with it, we wil finish top 4 and probably win this cup.

Without it, we will lose the final and finish about 8th.

From last night though, you can't believe Milner at the moment can you. This is how Liverpool fans must have felt for the last 8 or so years everytime Gerrard got the ball !!

Got back at 1 last night.

The atmosphere was immense. I can't remember an away game quite like it.

Milner was excellent, and Heskey was brilliant also, his hold up and link up play was excellent.

However, Kalinic was the first striker this season that I felt actually bullied our defence, he was very good.

And my kebab was unreal. Got it from Darwen. Seriously the best kebab I have ever had.

Got back at 1 last night.

The atmosphere was immense. I can't remember an away game quite like it.

Milner was excellent, and Heskey was brilliant also, his hold up and link up play was excellent.

However, Kalinic was the first striker this season that I felt actually bullied our defence, he was very good.

And my kebab was unreal. Got it from Darwen. Seriously the best kebab I have ever had.

All about the meat & potato pie mate 8) You know what they say, when in Rome...

Stayed over at a mates (Nuillesecudous - username more than likely spelt wrong :P) in Derby, got back there at about half 12. Caught the 6.48am train back to Tamworth and then off to 6th form by half 8 this morning, just got back into my house. **** tired like hell, but ill tell you what, IT WAS WORTH IT. Our fans were seriously immense, best bit was when the stand was shaking for about 20 minutes due to everyone jumping. It was unreal the support we had. For those that watched it on the tele, was we loud? I seriously enjoyed the second (or third) time we sung '.....my lord' when, whenever we changed verse it was silent, and it was one of the only times that all the villa fans where in sync.

Anybody that went got any videos? I have a few but bad quality/short.

Great night yesterday!!

Our fans were quality, just how long did "Martin 'o' neils claret and blue army" go on for in the second half with everybody jumping??? was brilliant!

There fans were crap, they should have gave us the whole stand instead of leaving half of the bottom tier basically empty!

On the game, thought Milner was brilliant, loving him in the the middle and good goal aswell, second half we were not as good but had chances

Just got to wrap it up in the home leg now